how does thin/fine hair do in a FUE HT?

Maines

hello,

i think by now i've seen probably about 100 end-results of HTs and my impression was that mostly ppl with thicker hair had good results. I've barely come across good results of people with thin/fine hair. maybe i'm wrong about this but since my own hair is rather thin im a bit hesitant to go into a HT. possibly people with thicker hair have tougher grafts so the survival rate / yield is better?

are there any doctors around who can answere this question or people who know?

Imagine looking into a forest filled with big thick trees and then going to another area that has only thin trees. You will be able to see through the thin area better.

This is basically what you are dealing with regarding a HT and hair caliber. The thicker the hair the better the coverage will appear, so if you have thin hair you might very well be looking at multiple procedures to get a satisfactory result that appears thick.

Hope this helps.

I've got particularly fine hair and it is fairly straight. My HTs worked just fine as long as the doc uses decent angles.

Furthermore, fine hair allows for more protective fat around the hair for the same sized punch, so that the prospects for yield, all things equal, should be higher.

Finally, fine hair thickens dramatically with bleach, if that should ever be a useful option for you.

I would not dismiss HT for fine hair.

Good incision angles is what good docs do, and the docs around here can do it.

I've got particularly fine hair and it is fairly straight. My HTs worked just fine as long as the doc uses decent angles.

Furthermore, fine hair allows for more protective fat around the hair for the same sized punch, so that the prospects for yield, all things equal, should be higher.

Finally, fine hair thickens dramatically with bleach, if that should ever be a useful option for you.

I would not dismiss HT for fine hair.

Good incision angles is what good docs do, and the docs around here can do it.

All very valid points.

hey,

thanks for feedback guys!

i guess its a question then of how adaptive/skilled the doc can be to get a good result. tbh i wouldnt want to use anything to thicken my hair and i figure someone with thin hair needs more grafts then than some with thicker hair.

i mean i just want to get a feeling for how likely a good/bad result will be given on what type of hair i got. if theres an increased risk with thin/fine hair that the end result will be bad or if having thin/fine hair requires a particularly skilled surgeon to deal with it, it would be good to know beforehand.

Hey there, ive got thin hair and just had fue a few months back. My doc said it was very thin but said he took extra care not to dissect any grafts. I think you should look for a skilled surgeon that does the procedure himself, or one that has skilled technicians doing the surgery. You can check out my post to see results although i am only 2 months after the op seeing some positive results, just search for mu username