Dr Gho and grafts number

1. Can someone explain in a simple manner: what is difference between Gho and other HT doctors.

2. If money is not an issue, cant everybody (even NW6) have 5.000-7.000 (including beard hair) grafts HT and pretty much get back nice NW2 or 3 ?

Despite various factions promoting Gho's technique as a revolutionary donor regeneration method, results have been unimpressive and his claims of follicles regenerating in the donor unsubstantiated. I am even skeptical of Dr Nigam's latest claims of donor doubling despite Dr Mwamba's endorsement. Supposed hair miracles have been around for many decades, Nigam has been touting donor multiplication via stem cells but where are the results? Same goes for Gho. As far as I'm concerned Gho is practicing sub-par FUE using smaller gauge punches for smaller scarring but less yield.

I don't see the point of Gho's technique if Nigam's does end up being practical..

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dr. Nigam is supposed to be turning a NW6 to a NW1. Say this takes 3 years...then you are looking at another 5 years before it is available at any kind of reasonable costs at reasonable locations. So I really think you are looking at another 8 years at least for most patients. I am also personally skeptical about this technique, but time will tell. I really hope I am wrong and at least there are people like him and Dr. Wesley looking for better options.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr. Gho is splitting hairs. The benefit of his treatment is for people who care more about their donor region than their recipient region since to date it is the least scarring technique out there. If he was truly getting 85% regeneration like he claims, as in 85% of 3 hair grafts regrew 3 hair grafts in the donor and recipient, then they wouldn't be telling people to stop having procedures after there third hst treatment of around 1200 grafts each time.

If you were getting 85% regeneration and a patient had say 5,000 grafts available via traditional fue that would mean that you could transplant around 33,000 grafts before you lost 5,000 grafts like you would from traditional fue. This would essentially be a working cure for baldness, however since they are telling people to stop treatment after receiving less than 4,000 grafts I believe their regeneration claims are bogus.

Also all of the work from Dr. Gho is performed by techs and I have seen cases coming from them of forum members that looked really bad, with the hair coming out in all different directions and angles. I don't understand the crazy high price if the doctor is really not even involved in the procedure.

Here is a picture from a member on the bald truth who had a transplant from Gho, http://s18.postimg.org/id7uxl32x/20130524_195535.jpg he no longer believes you get much if any regeneration with the procedure. If you look at the transplanted hair in the temples it is in all diferent directions and very obviously different from his native hair. I would not pay the amount of money Gho charges for results like these.

The angles and density of the Gho patient are terrible. Nigam has been making all sorts of claims but can't show any examples or regeneration and good growth.

1. Can someone explain in a simple manner: what is difference between Gho and other HT doctors.

2. If money is not an issue, cant everybody (even NW6) have 5.000-7.000 (including beard hair) grafts HT and pretty much get back nice NW2 or 3 ?

1. The difference is that one is in India, the other is in Belgium. That is where the differences end as they are both simply smoke and mirror tacticians with little to show for their claims.

2. 5000 to 7000 grafts to get a NW6 back to a NW3 or NW2 is not likely but it is also subjective. A true NW2 or 3 has no evidence of loss in the other regions of typical loss. The areas of loss for a NW6 can be covered similarly to a NW3 or NW2 but not to the same density and in fact will be fairly low density. Beard hair can be added but shouldn't be relied upon to get you over the hump. It can help for sure but but there are too few cases documented to feel safe about it's reliability, not to mention the texture differences that may affect the overall cosmetic appearance of the result.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think it's worth noting that Dr. Gho and Dr. Nigams both take a different approach to donor doubling. What's more, Coalition hair transplant surgeon Dr. Mwamba has met with Dr. Nigams about his technique and is now in the process of integrating it into his practice. He's reviewing it from a very scientific approach, and we will really have a better idea of the legitimacy of this technique if Dr. Mwamba feels it is sound.

Frankly, I think the basic science behind strict doubling is legitimate. Whether or not this correlates to an effective hair transplant technique has yet to be seen. If I had to put "my money" on a future technique, however, it would be donor doubling.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think it's worth noting that Dr. Gho and Dr. Nigams both take a different approach to donor doubling. What's more, Coalition hair transplant surgeon Dr. Mwamba has met with Dr. Nigams about his technique and is now in the process of integrating it into his practice. He's reviewing it from a very scientific approach, and we will really have a better idea of the legitimacy of this technique if Dr. Mwamba feels it is sound.

Frankly, I think the basic science behind strict doubling is legitimate. Whether or not this correlates to an effective hair transplant technique has yet to be seen. If I had to put "my money" on a future technique, however, it would be donor doubling.

Yes, I had little faith in Dr. Nigam, but now that Dr. Mwamba is experimenting and attempting to verify his technique I am more optimistic. At the very least it will be great to find out if the procedure works or not from a trustworthy source like Dr. Mwamba.

I once thought it was legit too and yeah the small study probably is honest. In practice though Gho is doing something else. Where are these results? He's transecting hairs in practice without regeneration. The study was just a means of promoting his clinic as something it's not. I have yet to see a recipient after multiple sessions that can compare to a 4000 graft fut.