Cheap finsteride

bmorelaxing

Can anyone recommend a cheap website for finsteride? I'm taking 1mg generic brand and looking to do better then $45.00 at Walmart.

Better than $45 a year ? Real Propecia is like $80 a month

I thought Walmart was actually under $30 for 90 five mg finasteirde which when cut in 1/4's is 1.25 mg/day for a just about a year

EDIT. I haven't been on these forums in years and didn't realize Propecia was now generic in the U.S. My advice is to ask your dr or a script for generic proscar

Edited by Profoam

what is proscar? is it like finsteride?

Proscar is brand name Finasteride. It was around about 8 years before they realized it grew hair and could make more money marketing the same drug ( at 1/5 the dose) for hair loss.

Proscar is for an enlarged prostate

• 2 weeks later...

That reminds me bringing up about proscar I wonder if someone uses proscar or propecia at early age for hair loss what that does for their prostate cancer risk I heard something about if you take propecia it causes more lethal versions of cancer?

That reminds me bringing up about proscar I wonder if someone uses proscar or propecia at early age for hair loss what that does for their prostate cancer risk I heard something about if you take propecia it causes more lethal versions of cancer?

If you already have the cancer and then take proscar it can possibly make it worse,

Tens of millions of people have used finasteride , if there was a cancer risk it would be well known by now and I GUARANTEE the Propecia Side Effects boys would be running with it

Propecia doesn't cause prostate cancer, but it does artificially lower your PSA levels which could allow prostate cancer to be undiagnosed and thus develop into high grade prostate cancer. Here is a site from the Johns Hopkins urology institute explaining the risk and how to compensate for it:

Johns Hopkins - Brady Urological Institute- Prostate Cancer Discovery

Great job,

Thank you for sharing.

I recall reading another study where finasteride, because it is a treatment for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and reduces the size of the prostate, may make masses in the prostate appear larger. This creates the appearance of larger masses after starting the drug, but, in reality, the size of the mass remains the same while the prostate shrinks in size around it.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great job,

Thank you for sharing.

I recall reading another study where finasteride, because it is a treatment for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and reduces the size of the prostate, may make masses in the prostate appear larger. This creates the appearance of larger masses after starting the drug, but, in reality, the size of the mass remains the same while the prostate shrinks in size around it.

In my case 1.25 MG a day of Fin did not shrink my prosate, since the dose for BPH is 5 mg I doubt many people uisng it for hair loss will experience any prostate shrinkage