Payment method for a hair transplant in Turkey (Asmed - Dr. Koray Erdoğan)

I live in the US and have an upcoming surgery booked with Dr. Koray Erdoğan at Asmed in Turkey. I have already made the desposit by wiring it over to their account. How do I pay the balance though? I was informed that they only accept cash (no credit cards or traveler's cheques). I believe you can wire the remaining balance just like the deposit but they add 20%. So how do you other guys who have had surgery abroad make payment? There is no way I am carrying thousands of dollars on myself through multiple airports and places. I have to find an alternative. Hope I can find some good information here.

Most doctor will take credit card, bank transfer and cash with usually no extra fees. 20% more for wiring money? Are you sure that sounds crazy. I have been to Europe many times and I agree I would never carry thousands of dollars with me whether its Italy, England or Turkey.

Get a hold of the clinic because 20% fee is a lot I am sure you misunderstood because I know to transfer money from Italy 25 euros I believe.

Good luck on your procedure.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Does he accept paypal?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Let us know what you find out :).

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Most doctor will take credit card, bank transfer and cash with usually no extra fees. 20% more for wiring money? Are you sure that sounds crazy. I have been to Europe many times and I agree I would never carry thousands of dollars with me whether its Italy, England or Turkey.

Get a hold of the clinic because 20% fee is a lot I am sure you misunderstood because I know to transfer money from Italy 25 euros I believe.

Good luck on your procedure.

Thank you for the reply, lorenzo. I have confirmed with Asmed that there will be a 20% tax added if I wire the remaining balance. I was given the option to Western Union the money to myself. I am not sure how much Western Union will charge but I will call a local agent to find out. It should be less than the 20% tax add-on. I have not received confirmation on PayPal. The time difference of 7 hours makes it difficult to call. I have to call really late at night or really early in the morning. Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback.

can you go to a bank when you arrive and make a withdraw? Id just carry the money if it was me, stay in the airport and take a cab right to where you are staying

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering the same thing. A clinic in Spain has asked me to pay in cash the day of the procedure, which simply isn't happening. Too high risk of loss, robbery, or confiscation, not to mention exceeds US $10,000 travel limit.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014