Who does what, Doc or tech?

Hi Guys,

Im wondering if you know who does what?

Here are 4 top FUT doc and 4 top FUE docs. Who does the work, doctor or tech?

extractions, incisions, placement etc.

Feller -

Hasson/Wong-

Konior-

Shapiro-

Bisanga-

Feriduni-

Erdogan-

Lorenzo-

I know the final result is all that matters but I'm just wondering. Also who are these unsung heros? the good techs that get great results. They are pretty much unknown but their work is very important.

Dr. Paul Shapiro; strip - Extraction=Shapiro (duh), incisions- Shapiro. Placement- techs.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I had FUT with Bisanga. He removed and sutured the strip. He also made all the incisions. The techs separated the grafts and placed them. Dr Bisanga was checking up on them quite a few times during the day.

They're all heros in my mind....or at least will be once I see the result from my HT...I'm only 1 month in.

I had FUT with Bisanga. He removed and sutured the strip. He also made all the incisions. The techs separated the grafts and placed them. Dr Bisanga was checking up on them quite a few times during the day.

They're all heros in my mind....or at least will be once I see the result from my HT...I'm only 1 month in.

4700 grafts from Bisanga. Your results will be killer.

I think FUT is pretty standard as far as procedure. FUE is the only one that has some variance.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

It depends on the type of procedure being done. Lisa is the only tech that places for Dr. Konior. The doc may do the incisions and place all of the grafts, or most of the grafts if he is not doing multiple incisions and then placing. If it is a stick and place technique then there may be times when Lisa places most of the grafts and the doc makes the incision, then Lisa places, then the doc adjusts the graft if needed, then on to the next graft one by one. It's a tedious process but they have it down to a science. When there is only 2 people working and often one person placing, you can imagine that the process really had to roll. If Dr. Konior leaves the room, from what I have seen grafts stop being planted. If it takes 2 seconds longer per graft, that adds over an hour to the case if it is 2000 grafts. The doctor is very meticulous and supervises each graft. I have seen him deny a graft that a tech was passing because it didn't have the characteristic that he wanted and it was an inch behind the hairline.It's an efficient work flow and all of the techs are important gears to the machine that is his practice.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It depends on the type of procedure being done. Lisa is the only tech that places for Dr. Konior. The doc may do the incisions and place all of the grafts, or most of the grafts if he is not doing multiple incisions and then placing. If it is a stick and place technique then there may be times when Lisa places most of the grafts and the doc makes the incision, then Lisa places, then the doc adjusts the graft if needed, then on to the next graft one by one. It's a tedious process but they have it down to a science. When there is only 2 people working and often one person placing, you can imagine that the process really had to roll. If Dr. Konior leaves the room, from what I have seen grafts stop being planted. If it takes 2 seconds longer per case, that adds over an hour to the case if it is 2000 grafts. The doctor is very meticulous and supervises each graft. I have seen him deny a graft that a tech was passing because it didn't have the characteristic that he wanted and it was an inch behind the hairline. If it's an efficient work flow and all of the techs are important gears to the machine that is his practice.

Dr. Konior is the obvious exception ^^. As you said so yourself, the guy is a ball of energy!! During my surgery I was in and out of consciousness, so I can't recall whether or not Dr. Paul was in the room for a good part of it. I do remember him coming in a few times to look how things were going.

But yes, Dr. Konior seems to be the exception :)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

It depends on the type of procedure being done. Lisa is the only tech that places for Dr. Konior. The doc may do the incisions and place all of the grafts, or most of the grafts if he is not doing multiple incisions and then placing. If it is a stick and place technique then there may be times when Lisa places most of the grafts and the doc makes the incision, then Lisa places, then the doc adjusts the graft if needed, then on to the next graft one by one. It's a tedious process but they have it down to a science. When there is only 2 people working and often one person placing, you can imagine that the process really had to roll. If Dr. Konior leaves the room, from what I have seen grafts stop being planted. If it takes 2 seconds longer per case, that adds over an hour to the case if it is 2000 grafts. The doctor is very meticulous and supervises each graft. I have seen him deny a graft that a tech was passing because it didn't have the characteristic that he wanted and it was an inch behind the hairline. If it's an efficient work flow and all of the techs are important gears to the machine that is his practice.

Great to read...

Dr Bisanga - FUE

Numbing Injections: Nurse

Punching of donor grafts: Dr Bisanga

Removal of grafts: Technician

Cleaning/Separating of Grafts: Technician

Incisions in recipient: Dr Bisanga

Placement: Placement Technician, with Dr Bisanga checking in regularly. He may place some.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3