Rethought my hairtransplant plan. Opinions?

So, I got a reply from Dr Bhatti and my graft estimate was in the 2000 - 2500 range. This is honestly a bit too expensive for me in one go so I thought I'd redesign my plan to fill in the bald spots, but leave my hairline high, to be repaired with a scalp advance (Along with other surgeries) 6-12 months later... Basically I'm hoping for 1500 grafts, with 2000 being the absolute maximum...

http://i.imgur.com/df6utxF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xpVZ834.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VlLhh1R.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting in the images.

Basically, my temples have always been rather thin and went back, so I'm not aiming to change that, basically just fill in the area circled which for the most part goes slightly into my existing hair and etc...

I know it's uneven and etc right now, but it's more of a plan than absolute. Measuring behind the pointy bit of hair I have (basically where the straight hairline will be) my forehead is about 7cm from hairline to the bottom/slightly under my eyebrows...

Thanks if anybody helps aha.

Dr. Bhatti charges 1$/graft.. 2500$ is not really that expensive compared to pretty much every other doctor in the world. However, some people aren't a fan of his hairline work.

If you're really going for the female hairline, I wouldn't hold back to make sure you get the result the first time around

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Sounds like 1 step forward, 2 steps back honestly. Your transplant goals are much more realistic now, but you're quite young and the remainder of your plan sounds drastic and ill thought out. I would strongly recommend against any type of scalp reduction procedure, and I have to say I'm quite perplexed. You state that you don't have the money to do 2000 grafts, but are planning to have "other surgeries 6-12 months later" including the above mentioned Scalp Reduction. This means you expect some cash flow in 6-12 months. If that's the case why not take that time to do some more research. At that point you'll be more informed and in a better position to make a decision, including financially. You don't want to take half-measures and cut corners when you're dealing with any surgery.

Also if your forelock is already at 7cm, that's pretty damn good. 6.5-7cm is pretty typical. So if you simply meet that height, it should look fine with closed off temples to achieve a female hairline. Scalp reductions are risky in general, and unfortunately you are genetically male exhibiting some recession, which means you may be prone to further recession.

Best of luck!

I understand that it's probably a bad idea at first glance, but along with the HT cost I'm also having to play for flights, accomodation and etc in India and while its still cheaper than doing it in Australia, the price does add up...

And if I'm getting a forehead reconstruction later on, I can't see why not to a scalp advance... They use the same incision so I don't think there'd be any harm in it.

Edited by GodAwfulLuck