Hair loss laser treatments? iGrow? Do they really work?

Hi,

I consulted a hair loss clinic for an HT and they said that alongwith HT they would recommend meds (finasteride, etc.) and also laser treatment to enhance weak current follicles. The thing they recommended was an iGrow laser helmet which looks like a cap with lasers inside. They mentioned that I have some follicles in the crown area which I should definitely preserve but are not growing much since they are weak and need enhancement.

I ve been trying to find realistic reviews on iGrow and laser treatments in general butunable to find anything concrete or objective....could someone tell me if laser treatments are just myths or do they really work at all? Has anyone tried this iGrow laser helmet and achieved any good results? Sorry if these are repeat posts, if someone can point me to similar ones, that would also work.

Thanks

I personally think it's a waste of time. I have never seen any proof that it is really effective. If it were, all of the old timers on the forum would be using it. Right now, finasteride and minox are your best bets.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 years later...

Here is a recent blog post titled Does the igrow laser really work?

In it there are links to 2 clinical studies for both men & women regarding low-level light therapy, also stats about usage of the igrow laser, over 1,000 units sold and only 2% return rate within a 6 month period. Some customer testimonials discussing.

I thought the post might be helpful for this thread.

Edited by Admin
Promotional link removed

Here is a recent blog post titled Does the igrow laser really work?

In it there are links to 2 clinical studies for both men & women regarding low-level light therapy, also stats about usage of the igrow laser, over 1,000 units sold and only 2% return rate within a 6 month period. Some customer testimonials discussing.

I thought the post might be helpful for this thread.

You registered an account just to reply to this and advertise your Product?

I've used the lasercap for two years.

Admittedly, its very very difficult to assess maintenaince. How much you will lose or maintain during xyz period is inherenty subjective. There's several studies that do suggest there's potential---its by no means conclusive, but also not as gimmicky as many imply. The jury is out. I took a waiver on it as there's no risks and some potential. It is cost prohibitive for many, however.

The use of low-level light therapy in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia and female pattern hair loss. - PubMed - NCBI

Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) for treatment of hair loss. - PubMed - NCBI

Low-level light therapy for androgenetic alopecia: a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, sham device-controlled multicenter trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Edited by esrec

The reality is most people who use the lasercomb myself included

Use it in conjuction with other treatments such as minox or FIN so it can be very hard to no whether improvement is coming from the laser or from one of the other treatments. I read one study where a doctor said it's possible to regrow up to 13 hairs per cm Sq. but she felt the effort was not worth it considering time needed to use it. The question is would 13 hairs extra per cm Sq. be worth it for a diffuse thinner. I reckon it would be. I use the LUX 9 comb and intend to keep it in my arsenal. I could not unfortunately say it regrows hair but I have halted loss using it in conjuction with minox