Hair Restoration in Seattle/Bellevue area

hairlossk

Hi I am new to this forum and have been considering hair restoration for a while now. Sadly the money aspect of it always blew me off until now when I can (sort of) afford one. I am 26, experiencing hair loss for last 6 to 7 years...I get by with cover ups like Nanogen and Dermmatch so as to look as if having proper hair. However I am sick of them and want to have a permanent solution.

I consulted with Dr.Niedbalski in Tacoma and Advanced Hair Restoration in Bellevue. I do not want to have the FUT procedure at all (linear scar scares me...) and am considering the FUE. Recommendation is around 3000 to 3500 grafts by both clinics. The costs are enormous but I am willing to take a one-time hit if it means achieving the right kind of result for the future which is critical for my personal life and self confidence.

Has anyone done HT from these clinics? Any other recommendations in the Seattle area? I am looking only for FUE only. I would love to hear experiences from other members who have tried these and also recommendations/suggestions as to how to approach in making a decision.

Thanks for your help!

hairlossk,

Welcome! The first piece of advice that you will receive from experienced members is that proximity and cost should be far down on your list of considerations when choosing your hair restoration surgeon. You get one shot at a first hair transplant and you don't want to waste valuable grafts or become a repair patient. If you can afford the procedure, I would say it's best to wait another year or two until you can afford to factor in the travel. In fact, most clinics give a travel discount to ease the financial burden for our of town patients.

I'm not familiar with the clinics you mentioned but hopefully we have some members here that can provide you with valuable feedback on them. In the meantime, you may want to check out our interactive map and take a look at some of the many physicians we recommend around the country and world. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Dr. Gabel works out of Oregon but has a consultation office in Seattle. He is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and performs both strip and FUE.

Consultation Office

Bank of America Plaza, 800 Fifth Avenue

Seattle

Washington

877-936-4247

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website