2.5 months - 3,400 - Dr. Rahal

mrpredictable

Hey Guys,

I just rounded the 2.5 mark but am seeing limited progress and still a lot of discolouration in the donor area. I know it's still early but I'm starting to feel a bit concerned when I compare my progress to the progress of other rahal patients that participate on the forum.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Hair Restoration Journal for mr_predictable - 2.5 Months

nothing to worry about, Dr. Rahal has some amazing results, it really doesn't start getting really thick until the 6 month mark. I've seen some of Rahals results, results keep getting thicker even after a year! You got a couple months down the road, I'd wait to judge the results until 6-8months.

I hope to have mine done by rahal in the near future.

I am also at 2.5 months with 3625 grafts and have no new growth yet at all as far as I can see, only substantial shock loss! It's tough but from what I've been told and read, the new hair doesn't start growing until around the 3 month stage, which is average. It's possible that I (and you) may take longer than average, awful though that is to contemplate. And the hair is thin vellus hair when it first comes through so may not even be apparent for quite awhile. So you and I are just going to have to hunker down and be patient. We've both chosen distinguished surgeons so have every chance of an excellent outcome. Meanwhile, we'll probably have to stick to the hats and scalp concealers (I'm using Toppik) and just try to stay positive. I look forward to comparing our magnificent heads of hair in the coming months. :-)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for my late reply.

I think I've just mentally hit the wall with the ugly duckling phase. Rahal is an excellent surgeon who has consistently provided great results, and truthfully, the last week I've even seen an increase in tiny hairs beginning to sprout.

I'm hoping this is a sign of good things to come.

2.5 months is nothing to even start to worry about. Most people experience 0 growth before this time. At 3 months I saw some stubbles and at 4 months I am blown away with the progress. If you want some reassurance, look at my thread in the hair transplant review on this forum. My thread should be on the front page with many photos of each months progress.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily