NW6/7 transformation to nw1/ challenge test @Dr.Nigam

moopookoo

Looking forward to seeing this. It really would be better if he chose a pt that would show his face. I look forward to seeing this start. Any news on when?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Oh Boy, its like waiting for the final of World Cup or Super Bowl. This is the ultimate challenge for Dr. Nigam and his Invitro double technique. It is Evolution Time :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Crossing my fingers. Looking forward to results.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I've followed his case selection for a while now, and I think this is a good patient. I think it is important to remember that it will likely take several years before we (potentially) see this patient transformed from a high level to low level NW pattern, but exciting nonetheless.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I've followed his case selection for a while now, and I think this is a good patient. I think it is important to remember that it will likely take several years before we (potentially) see this patient transformed from a high level to low level NW pattern, but exciting nonetheless.

I agree. However, we should be able to see within the next 12-18 months whether or not the technique will work for this patient. Regardless, this is exciting

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nick,

I agree. The next 6-12 months will likely reveal two important points:

1. If Dr. Nigams does really deplete the patient's donor - as he believes it will regenerate and he must maximize each pass in order to fully restore this patient's hair -, we will quickly see (likely within 4-6 months) how well the regeneration in the donor region occurs. If we see growth in the recipient scalp, but the donor remains sparse and barren, the "unlimited donor supply" aspect of the procedure clearly requires more work.

2. We will see the approximate yield of the bisected grafts. Granted, going from this NW VII pattern to a NW II will likely take multiple passes and a number of years, but that doesn't mean we can't assess how the areas already transplanted are growing in the meantime. For example, observing high yield in the first pass will give us some sort of rough idea of efficacy despite the fact that the patient will still likely look fairly bald after only 1 surgery.

Definitely exciting stuff!

I'm also hoping there is further analysis into the role that growth factors play in the doubling process. I'm curious as to whether or not they are necessary, or if the bisection (with the surgical process) and implantation (and reimplantation) is enough to cause doubling as well. However, for now, it seems as if both Dr. Nigams and Dr. Mwamba are investigating the invitro bisection with growth factor enhancement.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future Doc,

This patient can be transformed from NW7 to NW1/2 within a year. I remember Dr Nigam saying that with donor doubling technique one can have session of 5 000 grafts and it can be repeated after 5 months or so.

That's 10 000 grafts in 1 year with INVIVO/INVITRO.

There is DENOVO technique which is tripling, both parts of graft are implanted into recipient area of bald scalp and growth factors are injected in donor.

In theory he can have 20 000 grafts after 10 months. That would bring Thane to NW1.

Moo,

This is the first time I've had someone explain the denovo technique to me. It's a good idea in theory, but it seems like it would require near follicle neogenesis in the donor region in order to truly "triple" the grafts. To my knowledge, this really hasn't been achieved yet. Thoughts?? Personally, I think I'm most interested in the results of straight invitro bisection. Additionally, repeating the procedure after 5 months seems fast!

Regardless, I'm excited about all the new innovation!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Pretty sure this had been a failure. In a business where people are seeking knowledge continually, no news is bad news.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

'Mumbai cops are shielding doctor accused of cheating' 18-Feb-2014

"Last year, Shere had filed a cheating case against Nigam alleging that he poached her clients and their photographs to further his business. An FIR was registered under sections 406, 420, 506, 507, 509 r/w 34 of the IPC and 33(2), 36 (2) of the Maharashtra Medical Practitioners Act"

Source: 'Mumbai cops are shielding doctor accused of cheating' - News

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

• 4 weeks later...