Many Interviews - Decision Time - Konior, Feller, Wesley, Nussbaum & Epstein

Terry12

* Hi Everyone,

I know this is a very common topic. Would appreciate any insight.

Briefly:

I have had a receding hairline for some time. I'm in my mid thirties and would like to not only fill in but, lower my hairline.

After some initial research (notably here) I compiled a list and interviewed a number of Doctors. I met with Wesley, Nussbaum, Epstein, Feller and Konior's (rep).

I enjoyed meeting each and found them respectable in their own way with a couple truly appealing personally. There was some range as to how many grafts were needed but amongst the majority there seemed to be a consensus around the 2000 number.

I have decided against both the strip method and any procedure using a machine.

I would love anyone's opinion as to how they think I should proceed.

RECAP: Fill in, around 2,000 grafts (with a likely second procedure needed), slight lowering of hairline and against strip and machine methods.

Open to any and all insights and additional doctor recommendations. I’m travel friendly; just want the best solution.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Hi Terry12,

Those are some great doctors that you met with but if you are not interested in strip I would head over the pond and look closely at Dr. Lorenzo, Bisanga, and Feriduni. All top notch FUE surgeons. There are more but those are some of the very best.

Don't rush it and read up on this site. There's a lot to learn.

Good luck! M.

If you want manual FUE then I would not go to any of those surgeons. Look towards Belgium, Turkey and the UK. Doctors like Erdogan, Lorenzo, Bisanga, Mwamba(tell him you want manual instead of motorized), Feriduni and Maras are great FUE surgeons.

I would have to say avoid the UK (i am form the UK), Belgium is too expensive.

You might want to consider Turkey.. there are some great clinics and surgeons in Istanbul, or Antalya too and the prices are very low (less than half the cost in the US)

Hope this helps

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thank you to all who have replied.

I hadn't considered anywhere outside the US.

I'm open and intrigued.

I have been prone to avoid "price consideration" as I really want this done right, but if manual FUE can be had at a great price and same QUALITY, I'm all ears.

That being said, am I WRONG to want manual FUE? Should I be open to a machine?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year.

Thanks for the recommendations. I looked at all the doctors and locations suggested.

I liked what I read about some of the doctors mentioned in the UK and Belgium and was tempted to go with a few of the choices. However, after some further reflection, I'm leaning towards Dr. Wesley. My visit with him was top rated, he's very present and he seems to deliver one of the most natural hairlines I've seen. I also like that he's in the States and easy to reach.

Also, let me add I was heavy in the Konior camp and if I was going to do FUT I would head that way but I want to do FUE so I feel I should go with someone whose primary focus is that.

I'm open to any final suggestions. This is a very difficult decision but I'm almost feeling at this level, there is to some degree (some degree, I repeat) a six of one, half a dozen scenario going on and maybe much of this boils down to comfort level as all of these surgeons are of such a caliber.

I understand the considerations which need to be made regarding device, whether they use motorized ones, and I'm all ears for any further development, but I feel that I have seen some great results from Wesley (again I repeat on the hairline front especially).

Thanks.

Edited by Terry12
mispelling and slight addition

I personally don't feel Wesley has the quantity of quality results in regards to FUE. He has some nice FUE results, but they are scarce in number and posted by the clinic. There are no patient-posted FUE results. That is not to say he is not good at FUE, but I personally would go for a surgeon who has a plentiful selection of cases posted over the years. Someone like Lorenzo, Erdogan or Bisanga. Those are names I think of when I think "consistent quality FUE". It is your choice however.

I second what Mickey says. Nothing against Wesley, but since you said price is no consideration, I'd only put my head in the hands of the best. And the top three names that consistently come up for FUE are Lorenzo, Bisanga and Feriduni. As you said, if you were going to do strip, you would chose Konior and I think you couldn't do better for FUT. That same thinking should apply for FUE.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I don't buy that doctors in Turkey and India can do FUE better than the US. Look at the recent writeup of the conference these guys had. All the Americans were the presenters. Wesley is such a bright guy that he's invented a new technology for FUE. I've met with him and he came across as very knowledgeable and caring. Price might be better in the third world, but there's just no way a US or Canadian doctor can't get the same results.

What you probably have is the foreign clinics more active in posting their results on this forum.

I don't buy that doctors in Turkey and India can do FUE better than the US. Look at the recent writeup of the conference these guys had. All the Americans were the presenters. Wesley is such a bright guy that he's invented a new technology for FUE. I've met with him and he came across as very knowledgeable and caring. Price might be better in the third world, but there's just no way a US or Canadian doctor can't get the same results.

If 10 people say you have a tail, sooner or later you have to turn around and take a look. Bisanga, Lorenzo and Feriduni are consistently recognized as being the top FUE guys in the world - and with good reason. If I was seeking FUE, it would make me 'turn around and take a look.'

I met with Wesley, too. Nice guy. Very caring. But his 'new technology' is years away from practical implementation.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I personally don't feel Wesley has the quantity of quality results in regards to FUE. He has some nice FUE results, but they are scarce in number and posted by the clinic. There are no patient-posted FUE results. That is not to say he is not good at FUE, but I personally would go for a surgeon who has a plentiful selection of cases posted over the years. Someone like Lorenzo, Erdogan or Bisanga. Those are names I think of when I think "consistent quality FUE". It is your choice however.

I think Dr Wesley does some nice FUE, but you are right, I would like to see more and I would like to see some of his patients post. That said, I have seen very few Lorenzo patients posting on here, but that may be because he has been practicing in Spain.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.