how to get a valid evaluation of ht surgeons?

stickwithme

I am considering an FUE procedure with Dr Erdogan or Dr Doganay as I live in Turkey.

I have met Dr Koray Erdogan and both his team and he are extremely charming people. His photos appear to show that he has great skill. However, much (most) of the procedure is performed by technicians

Like all of you, I want to be absolutely sure before making such a huge emotional and financial commitment. So I would like to know:

Why exactly is everyone jumping on the Erdogan bandwagon lately?

Is it because they have concrete proof of his skills (by which I don't mean before and after photos that have been selected by the clinic), but testimonies by people who have actually had surgery there?

I haven't yet asked to be provided with contact details of ex-patients, but even if I had, I would imagine that only those of successful patients would be given.

So on what basis are so many of you coming to the conclusion that Dr Koray (or any other surgeon) really is one of the best, especially given that technicians perform most of the procedure?

For authenticity, I believe that clinics should post daily or weekly pics on forums of the patients they have operated on that day, and then we can follow the progress of that patient and get a realistic idea of the success rate of a given clinic or procedure. I realise that many patients travel for their procedures so we would be relying on them to provide the clinics with post-op photos.

Sorry for the rambling post, but would appreciate any information before taking the plunge.

Some very good points, hence the value of patients posting their results on website such as this whether they are good or bad outcomes.

I suspect there are non-English websites with a lot of good Dr Erdogan feedback. However, sadly I do not speak German or Turkish!

Maybe others can PM you links to other forums.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the reply Matt. My PM function is not yet working but would appreciate links to other forums discussing Dr Erdogan and Doganay.

90% of Dr Erdogan's patients are foreign - mainly Germans and Italians, I think. He is very well respected on Italian forums where he is adored (Belli Capelli) but once again I can't find people from the forums who themselves have undergone the procedure with him.

I suppose I will wait for the outcome of the procedures undergone by members of this forum in Turkey recently and wish them all a blooming autumn of follicle fertility.

So on what basis are so many of you coming to the conclusion that Dr Koray (or any other surgeon) really is one of the best, especially given that technicians perform most of the procedure?
Good point, of course the outcome is what matters (even if done by a tech) but I would say keep looking for results and take your time. Like you said more will be coming in soon. Also google chrome translates so you could go to these Italian forums and get a decent idea what they are saying. Just a thought. But I agree with you.....Im waiting for more solid results to come in by forum members.

Actually, I've been hanging out a lot on the Italian forums as I lived in the country for a long time. I've now located exactly what I was looking for: forum member experiences with Dr Koray (loads of them!)

Unfortunately, although there are some good results, there are also a lot that don't fulfil expectations (see "Esperienze dei pazienti"). Hope our forum members are among the happy ones.

If these are the results of one of the best reputed docs, I'm now feeling far less confident about the procedure.

Actually, I've been hanging out a lot on the Italian forums as I lived in the country for a long time. I've now located exactly what I was looking for: forum member experiences with Dr Koray (loads of them!)

Unfortunately, although there are some good results, there are also a lot that don't fulfil expectations (see "Esperienze dei pazienti"). Hope our forum members are among the happy ones.

If these are the results of one of the best reputed docs, I'm now feeling far less confident about the procedure.

Maybe he's not your man. Keep looking. You'll find a doctor that does the work you are looking for. where are the loads of forum member experiences with Dr Koray? Id like to see them myself.