My First Thread and my untouched head (First post)

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a little bit, mainly looking at results and stories of others for the past two years. I noticed a recession in my hairline and thinning around the age of 20 and I lost volume in my hair. I'm now 25 and things have sorta stayed the same as far as I can tell. I'm naturally a highly stressed and agitated/over-thinking person in general (college student/aspiring writer) so I always figured my predicament was in part caused by that. I also stopped shampooing my hair everyday last year after I found out that was frowned upon.

As a guy who drives a jeep with the top down, spends lots of time at the beach, travels a lot for work. Also has always hid behind his slightly shaggy/messy hair. Also, now getting self conscious about running outside without a hat on. At one time did some male modeling and always got compliments on my hair, losing that concerns me.:(

Am I overreacting about my situation? I can't trust anyone's opinion in my family, none of them are bald, a couple have slightly thin hair, but anyone rocking a mullet or married to someone that has one isn't someone's judgement I'd trust.

Any opinions appreciated, if better photographs are need to assess I understand (I suck at technology)

Thanks again.

039.jpg.c0c7db1bf6ce6ca84b8c930a39eee89f.jpg

050.JPG.c4d5bc67e8fb98a985c05369e9808c4f.JPG

You have minor recession. Get on minoxidil and finasteride if you want to slow it down or stop it. Having nobody in your family being bald is already a positive thing. You may not suffer heavy balding like someone whose family is bald. However, you may want to prepare for the worst, because I'm in the same situation whereas I am destined to be a high NW victim.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Sand,

It does appear like you are experiencing some frontal recession (it is difficult to tell in those images, but likely in the hairline and frontal 1/3rd of the scalp).

I think the first step is seeing an experienced hair loss doctor and determining what is causing the hair loss. Once this is established, you can consider stabilizing and partially reversing the loss with medications like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia) (if your physician thinks it is appropriate). After the progress loss is stabilized, surgical hair restoration may become a realistic option down the road.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you both for the advice.

Nobody in my family thinks there is anything wrong with it, but I do, I feel the difference.

I guess I'm just growing weary of styling it. I figure taking medicine of some sort might play out in the future, I already take a lot of stuff to keep me functioning normally, and for work I basically live out of a duffel bag, guess I'm afraid of having to pack a lot.

It's basically been this way and remotely stable since like 2008, I found more hair than usual in the bathtub over the course of a couple days back then and I've kept a close eye on it since. My crown has been okay. My hair has always been fine in texture but the past few years has gotten naturally more blonde in color almost makes it look thinner maybe. While the back of my head still feels bushy and ridiculously thick, no matter how often I cut it.

I'll add some other photos to better assess it, granted it's bathroom lighting and the hair is slightly damp.

002_zps019ad36d.jpg.1012511503ef33bb78d4437757518bee.jpg

001_zps13820723.jpg.e1bbc3bf2dbfc606d081396f42ae2fad.jpg

007.JPG.1040adaf3d2b8ee10d15a73dae039dbd.JPG