Fellow Australians here and their experiences?

macjay

Australian here. So far I only had a consultation with a local doctor... He seemed being experienced but had a very strong preference for FUT which I'm feeling uneasy about.

Travelling to Turkey looks like a more reasonable option, based from what I've read on here.

Turkey seems a long way, I went to Thailand, there was a variety of doctors to choose from there and a handful were American trained. I know of a couple of people that have had work done in Australia and have been quotes nearly 3 times the Thai price...think the quality was good though.

I had mine done in perth, at the new hair clinic and it has been fantastic so far. I am amazed that at just over 3 months I am seeing a real amount of hair start to come through, and it is looking really good so far.

Fr me it was worth the extra money to have it done locally, I was also a bit scared about getting it done overseas

I'm honestly scarred of getting a HT done locally, based on view on

this forum doctors in Oz are really behind the times...

I don't think FUT is sensible in my case.

I really wish there was an endorsed FUE expert in Oz.

I've seen a website for a Sydney FUE clinic that promises they'd refund or do another job if there's no decent regrowth after 18 months.

However I suspect there are so many legal loopholes that they wouldn't have to honor that promise if the result is unsatisfactory.

Yeah, I went with FUT, not a bad decision i guess, but will never be able to shave head to say less than a 3 without the scar becoming apparent. I think now that i have the FUT I will fill any other bits with FUE. There are some very experienced doctors in Thailand doing FUE, best thing to do is look for reviews.

im not too sure, but i think it was around a 5? pretty bad especially for my age. i cant wait to see it at 1 year, if it keeps on going the way it is it should be awesome!

I wouldnt worry too much about what these forums say though. in reality, Australia is a good country and we in theory should have good surgeons. also if something does go wrong and you get some horror infection, atleast there is good medical care here, well that was my thoughts anyway.

are you in perth?

~Tom

Yeah bunbury Tom, yeah I was around a norwood 5. Worst thing I did was head home the day after the operation in Thailand, head felt like it was going to explode on the plane. I got around 3800 grafts for a tad under 5000 aussie dollars.

wow that is a pretty good price, about 1/3 of what i paid.flying back must have been pretty bad. i got driven home and that was bad enough, i just wanted to sleep.

Do you have any more better pictures of your hair now? i had a look in your thread and the picture wasnt very good?

Yeah will sort out a picture, it isnt as thick as the rest of my hair but looks fairly legit straight on but from ontop you can notice the difference in thickness, it is never going to be as thick as the rest of my hair. Yeah the flight home was average, shit getting the bandana afterwards so i wore a hat. I went to work about 4 days later and man was i swollen, i might post the post surgery photo- looked like i went ten rounds with tyson.