2 days Post op 1300 FUE transplant temple

davey345

Hey guys, new to the site and hopefully I posted this in the correct area. I just had a hair transplant 2 days ago and wanted to focus on the temple for now. I posted a picture of the grafts. I was a little concerned because I wanted the hairline to appear a bit straighter. However, given the fact that I wear my hair a bit longer than is shown, and will generally comb it downward rather than up, would that give my hairline more of a fuller, or straight look? Basically, I don't want it to look like my hairline is still receding, especially after a transplant. Im trying to gage how it will look 8-12 months down the line, given that everything grows in. Any thoughts or opinions you guys could offer would be great! Thanks.

5b32da8f79ccc_transplant1.jpg.e7ce2d5cbfffed9d40ae2169f4b27943.jpg

IMO the placement of your hairline looks fine. When a doctor constructs a hairline for a patient he has to take many things into consideration. For example age, present hair loss, future hair loss, family history of hair loss, are you using Propecia or Rogaine and how effective these non surgical treatment have been working for the patient and most importantly your facial characteristics. Hopefully you let your doctor know what your expectation were prior to the procedure and he drew it out for you and got your approval prior to the procedure. You also need to realize that your hairline is going to look lower that what it looks like now because the transplanted hair should follow the natural growth of your pre existing hair which exits the scalp at about a 45 degree angle therefore when it grows out it will look lower than what it appears to look like now. Also you have to remember this permanent and it has to look good for your age now plus it has to look good as you continue to get older. Sometimes it is not in the patients best interest to reconstruct a juvenile hairline for them. Be patient and give it time if you are not happy when it grows out you can also bring it down, but I think you should look fine.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Thanks for the reply Stuart, yeah I figured that once the hair grew out the hair line would look lower. I am continuing to use finastride and will begin rogaine at the 2 week post-op date. Have you used rogaine? In your opinion could it have a strong effect on the crown of my head?

I have used Rogaine in the past, but discontinued it many years ago. I have also been on finasteride since it was approved back in 1997. Since the finasteride has been working so well for me in stopping further hair loss I decided not to go back on the Rogaine once I went off of it. My advice to anyone that has hair loss is to try anything that has been medically proven to be effective for hair loss and to at least give it a shot to see it works for them. If it works in stopping hair loss for them, then they should continue with it as long as they are not experiencing any side effects.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice