How many viable transplanted grafts do you count based on the Interactive Links?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two of the questions posed to me prior to presenting the details of Pilofocus' graft harvesting technique are: 1) how do we evaluate growth of transplanted grafts and 2) how is it done objectively and in a blinded fashion? This is not overly challenging when conducted within a bald area. But what if patients in the clinical trial would like to camouflage the grafts within their pre-existing hair?

Two interactive links below illustrate this method of determining viability of transplanted grafts within a hair-bearing area. Hair viability analyses are performed in a double-blind manner. Therefore, the type of graft transplanted (FUE, FUT, or Piloscopic) is unknown to the observer. Software enables subtle adjustment of each image relative to the other (not possible here). Therefore, near-perfect alignment of hair shafts can be produced to most accurately quantify the presence or absence of transplanted hair when the patients return for follow-up evaluation.

Interactive Example #1 (superimposed before/after sans sites)

Interactive Example #2 (with based on recipient sites)

Go ahead and give counting a try. I can incorporate the results of this poll in the presentation that we have been invited to deliver at the upcoming ISHRS Meeting in San Francisco, CA next month!

Edited by Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.
accuracy

Good job on continuing research. Very interesting.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.