Shaved head after HT

After getting a HT and have poor results along with not being able to successfully block DHT with medication I am finding myself on that ledge of whether to shave it or not. I still take fin, but the DHT is far to strong for the drug and I just don't feel like being on medication for the rest of my life.

I would give anything to not have started down this expensive path that in my case only has one result which is not going to look good as I age. I feel it would be liberating to shave my head bald and just deal with the issue of the scar. I'd never know how bad the scar looks with a shaved head if I don't do it. If you know of Joe Rogan's story then you know what I am talking about. As time goes on I think the scar is less noticeable on a completely shaved head.

Has anyone on the forums done this? How'd it work out? Willing to provide any photos?

Wes310, I can definitely sympothise w/ your situation . I also had a tranplant that didn't work. I actually decided early on that I was just going to shave and deal w/ the scar. It has not been easy at all. I went from being self conscious about balding to being self conscious about my scar . At the end of the day I look at it like this way " and I constantly have to remind myself of this" is that nobody focuses on my scar or my the fact that I'm balding near as much as I do! No one except others who have gotten HT procedures are looking at you and asking " have you had a HT?" There are tons of stories you can come up with to divert the focus away from a HT. I recently have been thinking of giving it another shot but I'm nervous because it didn't work the first time. I may end up just having SMP in the scar area and call it a day. I hope this helps

Possibly start by buzzing down to a number 3 guide and see how the scar looks. If you must cut it shorter, than consider being evaluated for FUE into the scar, and possibly SMP touch-up.

We have no idea how wide the scar is but if it's wider than expected, possible to revise it first with a good closing technique, let it heal and go back for FUE.

Wishing you the best resolve.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have considered getting the scar revised then using FUE into the scar, but if I shaved it with a straight edge I wonder how much of the shaved head you'd see.

The problem is...I don't want to proceed and shave it completely in my desire to have a bald, shiny head and then have a big scar that is ugly on the back of my head that I have to constantly explain. I noticed that Joe Rogans is pretty difficult to see with his new shaved head, but I'm sure everyone is a case by case basis.

I read up on Joe Rogan's story like you said and I found it motivating to make the move. I am in the same boat and have been considering this as well. I don't want to promote other websites on here, but you should do some Google work because there is a great site available regarding this topic and accepting being bald. There are plenty of people who have shaved their head after a failed hair transplant and being unsuccessful in using Propecia.

Send me a message if you want the website address I am talking about.