DOCTOR LORENZO: 1.551 + 1.301 + 601 Grafts (FUE). Pictures and video.

TheSpanish

I've discovered this forum recently but I haven't written before because as you can see in my nick I'm from Spain. Although I'm studying English, I was afraid of looking stupid writing in a foreign language because of my bad English, but now I feel a little bit more confident and I'd like to tell you my "hair story".

Please don't hesitate to correct me if I make a mistake.

There it goes.

My "hair story" has 3 surgeries and at the end of this document you'll be able to see a complete video with all the details, but first of all I want to tell you why it's been 3 surgeries, and the answer is easy: I didn't have enough money to make all the work at once, but I needed to do something because when I looked at myself in the mirror I saw the face of my father, and I love my father but it made me feel really bad. (When you see the pictures I think you're going to understand me very well).

So I spoke with Doctor Lorenzo about that and we decided to do 2 surgeries, and finally another one to re-build my temples.

And now a brief summary of my alopecia.

I've been suffering from AGA since I was 25 years old (more or less), and when I was 32 I began to take Finasteride. 10 years later (now I'm 42), I continue taking it with any problema (I think you know what I mean).

I have tried to take Minoxidil but definitely I don't like it for many reasons but is long and difficult to explain them, and more in English ;-)

So let's get down to it.

Here you are the pictures:

Some more at the beach:

lateral.jpg

And now a little challenge. You have to find me in the picture (the answer is at the end).

**Image removed - nudity **

Of course, as you thought, I'm the man who is diving with an orange snorkel :D

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

20 YEARS BEFORE AND AFTER:

One of my favorite movies ever is BACK TO THE FUTURE, and this is how I feel now.

20 years ago I was in Venezuela and I took the first picture. 20 years later I took another one (on the right), and I put in the middle the one in just before the surgery in 2008.

The difference? In 2008 I ate king prawns, and now I have to eat nuts :eek:

20aos.jpg

The Spanish,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. Nothing wrong with your English, probably alot better than mine that's for sure;)

Great documentation and great result fella, I'm so pleased you got the result you deserved. And also well done dr Lorenzo, he really is a gifted surgeon :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

22 YEARS BEFORE AND AFTER: (1,551 + 1,301 grafts later)

I was 18 years old in the first picture and I still keep this Levi's T-shirt because of a sentimental reason.

comparativa24aos.jpg

In this picture I have just arrived at home by bike and due to that I have this kind of hairstyle.

comparativa24aos2.jpg

The Spanish,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. Nothing wrong with your English, probably alot better than mine that's for sure;)

Great documentation and great result fella, I'm so pleased you got the result you deserved. And also well done dr Lorenzo, he really is a gifted surgeon :cool:

I really appreciate your words. It's difficult to me to explain writing in English, but for sure it'll help me for my studies.

Thank you very much.

Regards from Spain, and wait a few minutes because the best is coming.

7 MONTHS LATER (AFTER THE THIRD SURGERY - 601 Grafts).

First of all, this is how I was before my 1st surgery:

antesij.jpg

And now my crown:

coronillacomparativa.jpg

My "new" face:

frentecomparativa.jpg

izquierdocomparativa.jpg

derechocomparativa.jpg

Before and after 2008 - 2012:

comparativadelado2.jpg

Before and after 2008 - 2010 -2012:

comparativadelado.jpg

Your English and writing are fine! Very clear and amusing story to read. Amazing results, but that seems to be a trend with Dr. Lorenzo. My hair loss seems to be headed (lol) down the same path as yours. So it's good to see what ~3000 grafts can do.

PS: Your pictures and results are great, but my favorite picture so far has little to do with your hair transplant lol. ;P

December 2010. It's Christmas time. I took this picture to wish happy 2011 to all my friends and relatives.

nievefeliz2011.jpg

2 years later. December 2012. It's Christmas time again. I took this another picture to wish happy 2013 to my family. Can you find the differences?

feliz2013.jpg

Now, I want to tell you a little secret.

I hate my old pictures, I mean the ones before the first surgery, so I decided to keep them onto a folder with password.

I only know the password but I've made a "collage" with part of them and now I'm going to show them you.

I think that you're going to understand why I hate them... (click on the picture if you going to see it bigger)

45706184.jpg

But I really think that the best way to see a surgery is by video, and I made one.

You'll be able to see all the process since the beginning, with different hairstyles, brushed with comb or with my hand.

I haven't told this story to my friends, you can believe me.

I don't know if they really imagine or suspect something, but I promise that none of them never told me anything about that except: "you look better without moustache" (and I never had moustache), or "you look too skinny" (and I weigh 2 kilos more than before).

You can see the video in Youtube by clicking this link:

PS: I'm going to be travelling 2 days, so if somebody wants to ask me something or needs more pictures, sorry but I think I won't be able to answer until I get home.

Your English and writing are fine! Very clear and amusing story to read. Amazing results, but that seems to be a trend with Dr. Lorenzo. My hair loss seems to be headed (lol) down the same path as yours. So it's good to see what ~3000 grafts can do.

PS: Your pictures and results are great, but my favorite picture so far has little to do with your hair transplant lol. ;P

Thak you very much for your words. And yes, I know the work of many doctors (especially in Europe), and I've never said that Dr. Lorenzo is the best or better than another one, but he has lots of good results, very often (the regularity it's very important for me), and he's well-known for his post-surgery attention.

And he's one of the doctors who gets the biggest average of survival grafts (for my liking).

And I bet which is your favorite picture..., maybe at the beach?

great documentation and great result.

especially the result of the first surgery with only 1550 grafts is impressive.it shows how important/different surgeons skills and yield can be.

Yes, the first surgery is very "flashy" but I wear a strategic hairstyle. As you can see in the pictures before the second surgery, I have a fire line and I need more density in general, help in my crown, and rebuild my temples.

Good luck! and thank you.

TheSpanish,

Thanks for taking the time to share your results. Your hair looks great! Congratulations!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Fantastic transformation! Congratulations.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.