Dr Lorenzo

I thought it would be good to put a picture showing Dr Lorenzo's first patient in the UK.I know you cant see much but at least one of his assistants is in the shot.I will add a full catalogue soon but the patient was very happy with his procedure and it was a pleasure to see Dr Lorenzo at work.

Mick

Untitled-1.jpg.6cc2e015097562727e83290e642549dc.jpg

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very exciting! Thanks for sharing, Mick!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I really want a hair transplant and think it could change my life for the better. However, I know the risks of permanent scalp numbness or tightness is very rare, I don't know if I want to gamble on it. I've read some lawsuits concerning Bosley and patients who committed suicide because of the pain caused from a botched surgery. Its not the surgeons fault, thats not what I'm saying. Sometimes It may be a accident, or it might just be bad luck. Maybe I am not cut out- NO PUN INTENDED- for this procedure even though I know the docs I've talked to our very ethical and very, very good at what they do. But even if they do they're best, which alot do, there is no 100 sure guarantee that something bad can happen. And once you have nerve damage, there is no cure. And I've heard of people that committed suicide because of that in the past from infomercial type clinics because they could not take the constant headaches, scalp numbness, and nerve damage. Don't know what to do?

Tad,

I think you should create a new thread to discuss your concerns. However, keep in mind that Dr. Lorenzo exclusively practices FUE, not the FUSS method that I believe you're describing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nerve damage?

I've lived with numbness and weird nerve sensation across my scalp for 25 years. It's of no consequence compared to your perception of the results. Those highs and lows as well as the general malaise, the fatigue, all the BS you put yourself and others through, I can take the weird nerves on the scalp.

It was the early strips that did the damage to my nerves. My wires had been so messed up I don't think I would have noticed much after that. If you do strip you are taking out a chunk of skin, ear-to-ear, and there's no telling how you are gonna fare. By the time you have re-wired, guess what, yo are ready to cut it all out again and severe all the repairs.

Is FUE better? I guess so, but as my head was so butchered early on by strip, it's hard to tell.

Irishsailor,

Whenever Dr Lorenzo gets mentioned things seem to go off topic.

All i can say really that he is as good as it gets and i think most people know this.

Is he expensive?, personally i dont think so.He charges ?6 for the first 1000 units and ?4 thereafter.That is ?4 thereafter, even if somerone has multiple procedures.

A future patient came to visit with him on Tuesday and he is a member on here but of course i wont reveal who he is.He very kindly sent me an e mail and i quote "

. It was kind of you both to give me so much time and answer my varied questions, and great to finally see some of Dr Lorenzo's work in the flesh (literally).He is very charming and I can see why he has such a following in Spain."

Everyone i come across has felt the same and his manner as well as his surgical skills seem to be in equal measure.

His diary is starting to fill up but if anyone would like to visit with him please feel free to let me know.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Looking forward to having some of Dr Lorenzo's patients from the forum to start a blog :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I met with Dr Lorenzo and the team at Farjos for a consult a couple of weeks ago, and I echo the sentiments shared in Mick's post. In what is a very sensitive time I was made to feel completely comfortable, the doc really is a class act. Thanks Mick :)

Sorry to go off topic, quick question. I live in Chicago, Illinois and am contemplating traveling to Turkey to get a H.T. If the flight back is 14 hours how can you take care of your graphs post op without being noticed? Same goes for the airport, do you have to take off your hat at all? I know these are dumb questions. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

:D:D:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

i really want a hair transplant and think it could change my life for the better. However, i know the risks of permanent scalp numbness or tightness is very rare, i don't know if i want to gamble on it. I've read some lawsuits concerning bosley and patients who committed suicide because of the pain caused from a botched surgery. Its not the surgeons fault, thats not what i'm saying. Sometimes it may be a accident, or it might just be bad luck. Maybe i am not cut out- no pun intended- for this procedure even though i know the docs i've talked to our very ethical and very, very good at what they do. But even if they do they're best, which alot do, there is no 100 sure guarantee that something bad can happen. And once you have nerve damage, there is no cure. And i've heard of people that committed suicide because of that in the past from infomercial type clinics because they could not take the constant headaches, scalp numbness, and nerve damage. Don't know what to do?

sorry to go off topic, quick question. I live in chicago, illinois and am contemplating traveling to turkey to get a h.t. If the flight back is 14 hours how can you take care of your graphs post op without being noticed? Same goes for the airport, do you have to take off your hat at all? I know these are dumb questions. Thanks.

Because I have alot of native hair left on top and just need some small areas boosted up a little...So I am going FUE and the best FUE surgeons are Dr Lorenzo, and yes Turkey is up there to. Dr. Lorenzo has hundreds of FUE youtube videos. His work is really good.

Hey guys lets not go off topic about turkey.

Mick I think Lorenzo is doing exceptional things with fue. I am a high Norwood and using only his website I had a chance to see various cases of what can be achieved with fue for high norwoods.

I saw so many videos from his patient website, not only the amazing transformations but the more down to earth results which are posted , from my understanding, he is not cherry picking only the best. I just want to say thank you for giving me an understanding of what to expect.