Scott Alexander, MD

FX323

I underwent my second hair transplant surgery yesterday, 3/23/2009, with Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona at Biltmore Surgical Hair Restoration.

I paid to have 1400 grafts paid in and ended up receiving 1500. While I understand that paying for hair transplants and maybe receiving extra is not uncommon, there was nothing common about the general experience of undergoing this procedure with Dr. Alexander.

Just based on my previous experience with Dr. Hamilton of Bosley in 2005, the treatment was like night and day. Dr. Alexander patiently sat with me the day of the procedure and let me bounce all the ideas that I had in my head off of him and he did his best to square those ideas with what was medically possibly. I felt that I had unlimited access to him. The same came not be said with my experience with Bosley. Dr. Hamilton quickly passed through, marked my head up and then told me what he was going to do. When I made a reasonable request concerning my transplanted hairline he just responded, "I will not be doing the surgery if that is what you're looking for." What I didn't appreciate about that was the terse response to an innocent question just minutes before the procedure was to begin.

Dr. Alexander, however, spent a great deal of time with me before, during, and after the procedure. I really felt like I was in good hands.

The techs placing the grafts were wonderful! They were able to maintain good conversation and fulfilled all my request such as getting up to stretch out, bathroom break, etc, even if it caused their day to last a little longer.

With only one day post-op, I can say definitively that the result will be much better. I feel great and the pain has been very minimal. There cannot be enough said about Dr. Alexander's superior techniques as opposed to those at Bosley. The use of his smaller blades has caused less trauma/swelling to my head than half of the amount of grafts that I received at Bosley.

The scar left behind at Bosley voided any benefits that I received from the 900 implanted grafts. Since 2005, getting my hair cut was a dreaded event because there was no way to hide the atrocious scar that was left behind without artfully working around it. My haircuts are a naturally tapered up cut. I have to leave my hair in back at least 5/8" long or my scar will show thru. Fortunately, Dr. Alexander repaired that for me with what one would think would be an obvious technique to a hair transplant surgeon and has assured me that my scar woes will be no more.

There just simply can't be enough said about the benefits of going to Dr. Alexander, the treatment is better, the price is phenomenal at nearly half that of Bosley and MHR, and most importantly, in a few weeks I will be able to report how much more superior the results are.

So I say with confidence to anyone who is looking for a transplant surgeon, Dr. Alexander and his staff are some of the best out there.

I underwent my second hair transplant surgery yesterday, 3/23/2009, with Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona at Biltmore Surgical Hair Restoration.

I paid to have 1400 grafts paid in and ended up receiving 1500. While I understand that paying for hair transplants and maybe receiving extra is not uncommon, there was nothing common about the general experience of undergoing this procedure with Dr. Alexander.

Just based on my previous experience with Dr. Hamilton of Bosley in 2005, the treatment was like night and day. Dr. Alexander patiently sat with me the day of the procedure and let me bounce all the ideas that I had in my head off of him and he did his best to square those ideas with what was medically possibly. I felt that I had unlimited access to him. The same came not be said with my experience with Bosley. Dr. Hamilton quickly passed through, marked my head up and then told me what he was going to do. When I made a reasonable request concerning my transplanted hairline he just responded, "I will not be doing the surgery if that is what you're looking for." What I didn't appreciate about that was the terse response to an innocent question just minutes before the procedure was to begin.

Dr. Alexander, however, spent a great deal of time with me before, during, and after the procedure. I really felt like I was in good hands.

The techs placing the grafts were wonderful! They were able to maintain good conversation and fulfilled all my request such as getting up to stretch out, bathroom break, etc, even if it caused their day to last a little longer.

With only one day post-op, I can say definitively that the result will be much better. I feel great and the pain has been very minimal. There cannot be enough said about Dr. Alexander's superior techniques as opposed to those at Bosley. The use of his smaller blades has caused less trauma/swelling to my head than half of the amount of grafts that I received at Bosley.

The scar left behind at Bosley voided any benefits that I received from the 900 implanted grafts. Since 2005, getting my hair cut was a dreaded event because there was no way to hide the atrocious scar that was left behind without artfully working around it. My haircuts are a naturally tapered up cut. I have to leave my hair in back at least 5/8" long or my scar will show thru. Fortunately, Dr. Alexander repaired that for me with what one would think would be an obvious technique to a hair transplant surgeon and has assured me that my scar woes will be no more.

There just simply can't be enough said about the benefits of going to Dr. Alexander, the treatment is better, the price is phenomenal at nearly half that of Bosley and MHR, and most importantly, in a few weeks I will be able to report how much more superior the results are.

So I say with confidence to anyone who is looking for a transplant surgeon, Dr. Alexander and his staff are some of the best out there.

Congrats! You made a great choice. I'm just a few days short of the 3 month mark from my HT with Dr. A and will be posting updated pics to my web log this weekend. Not much to see yet but good things are on the horizon I'm sure. Your experience mirrored mine to the last detail.

I too had some ideas about my hairline that were quickly and somewhat curtly squashed but I found this to be encouraging. I went to Dr. A based on his reputation and figured that the best thing to do was trust his instincts. He is not lacking in confidence, that's for sure!

I hope you start a blog so we can stay updated on your progress. Good Luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Good to read your experience CA323. We are all excited to see your results come in. Here are your pre-op and immediate post op pictures!

PRE-OP

2ACpreop2.jpg

cACpreop2.jpg

DACpreop2.jpg

SCAR FROM PREVIOUS SURGERY

EACpreopscar2.jpg

IMMEDIATE POST-OP

FACimmedpostop2.jpg

GACimmedpostop2.jpg

HACimmedpostop2.jpg