HT #2 with Dr.Bhatti - 1720 FUE (Sep '13)

shane13

congrats man, looks pretty thick to be able to cut it that short.

if the mid scalp is thinner than growing the front longer may help but seems you are at a good place now

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You look much better looking face on, but looking from the top, you have lost more hair from mid scalp. Do you think you will have another FUE, have you got any more grafts left? Adding 1-2000 grafts would make your mid scalp look better. Have you had any feed back from Dr Bhatti from you new photos?

congrats man, looks pretty thick to be able to cut it that short.

if the mid scalp is thinner than growing the front longer may help but seems you are at a good place now

Looks neat a world of difference from what it looked like earlier. But I think you have grown thin as well which has helped if you ask me the overall look. All the best!

Thanks guys

You look much better looking face on, but looking from the top, you have lost more hair from mid scalp. Do you think you will have another FUE, have you got any more grafts left? Adding 1-2000 grafts would make your mid scalp look better. Have you had any feed back from Dr Bhatti from you new photos?

I don't have any plans to go for another FUE procedure in the future (I've already had three :)). Although, I might be left with 600-800 grafts at least I guess. Thus trying to find the perfect haircut so that I can pass off whatever i have as a 'normal' head of hair.

I haven't shared my latest progress with Dr. Bhatti as yet.

• 1 month later...

hi shane, I am a sri lankan guy here and i have to say that your testimony got me in here. I am new and would like to hear about your current situation. please be kind enough to keep in touch and share more updates. also interested to know how the donor area is faring

hi shane, I am a sri lankan guy here and i have to say that your testimony got me in here. I am new and would like to hear about your current situation. please be kind enough to keep in touch and share more updates. also interested to know how the donor area is faring

Hi shaannsn, I was not on the forum for sometime. As you would have seen I have been updating my monthly pics since the surgery. The donor area seems to be fine and normal even when I cut my hair short.

I have taken the attached pictures a few minutes back for your perusal. Please note, I am approx. 9.5 months post-op.

Let me know incase of further queries.

5b32dfe34c93c_ScreenShot2014-06-25at5_10_00pm.jpg.4ad615fea16d1e9b6f674720c1d5c5e6.jpg

Mr Shane you have come along way..your result is look very good. On you next update can you kindly take few pics from top...showing your front/mid scalp. thanks

BTW..I met Dr Bhatti few days back in Europe....what a nice guy, I was told that I need about 2500 grafts from front to mid scalp.

Mr Shane you have come along way..your result is look very good. On you next update can you kindly take few pics from top...showing your front/mid scalp. thanks

BTW..I met Dr Bhatti few days back in Europe....what a nice guy, I was told that I need about 2500 grafts from front to mid scalp.

Yes I will. As mentioned earlier, my mid scalp has been continuously thinning but the front looks ok

I am sure it would have been a pleasure to meet Dr.Bhatti, he's a good doc with an agreeable personality.

Hey man, whenever it is convenient for you, could you please post a top down shot of your hair, next time you get a buzz cut? I'm interested in seeing how the thinner midscalp meshes with your thicker hairline. I would consider getting it very short, since you have a strong hairline.

Sorry if that is weird.

Hey man, whenever it is convenient for you, could you please post a top down shot of your hair, next time you get a buzz cut? I'm interested in seeing how the thinner midscalp meshes with your thicker hairline. I would consider getting it very short, since you have a strong hairline. Sorry if that is weird.

Sure. I will do that bro whenever I get a buzz cut done. Looks quite likely in the near future :)

I just hope that the new hairline solidly frames the face in a buzz cut.

Hello! So here are my 10 month update pics after my transplant with Dr. Bhatti [The last pic is pre-op].

Do note that all the pictures are under direct flash.

- Things look good from the front and I can probably pass off as a normal head of hair with a high hairline (that I always had) :rolleyes:

- The non-transplanted area (mid-scalp to crown) had further thinned. I have not been on Fin out of personal choice, maybe it would have helped retain existing hair.

- I am thinking of a grade 2/3 buzz cut wherein the hairline is clearly visible to frame the face and the thinning least visible. :confused:

All feedback and suggestions are welcome.

5b32e025a60fe_ScreenShot2014-07-10at7_54_26pm.jpg.861715ec68dda52620f55b2dfc331b70.jpg

5b32e025b1c20_ScreenShot2014-07-10at7_56_20pm.jpg.bd512a8cfe0ea0e2b316b4157a1ed3d2.jpg

5b32e025cfae1_ScreenShot2014-07-10at7_57_39pm.jpg.9047d7b94da7f0f9b1796e60f360c326.jpg

5b32e0260f542_ScreenShot2014-07-10at7_59_42pm.jpg.1e07b83b612f55bf0ec8b17bb46b76f6.jpg

5b32e0261c025_ScreenShot2014-07-10at8_06_07pm.jpg.410e0a0a48e6ee91a8294ad1701ead0b.jpg

20140710_145049.jpg.01794e9cdbe934dc266d7c65b3c32751.jpg

20140710_145230.jpg.e276c332a2ae348018c858a9ed5cdfd5.jpg

5b32e0265fa6b_ScreenShot2014-07-10at9_02_31pm.jpg.80c6c81005199a64f2dd21ff897bb2ae.jpg

5b32e0267cd6d_ScreenShot2014-07-10at8_37_06pm.jpg.c752e4b83b32b663d3c314614117fa4d.jpg

Hi, I`ve been following your documentation of your first, quite suboptimal, procedure with Dr. Bhatti. You were one of the first brave patients here taking the plunge with him, and so I was very observant with your case ;) After my own successful procedure with him, I didn`t visit the forum for some months, but now I have a look at some cases..

Man, you look good! What a difference, you must be so happy! Looking at your pre op pic now, and then the recent ones, it is years I see you grew younger lol (You looked like a 50 yo in the last pic hehehe, jk ;)) If I were you, I would be more than satisfied with the state now, and save the remaining couple of hundreds of grafts for a potential future filling procedure. (Btw I wouldn`t use concealers etc. if I were you, but of course it`s up to you..)

Anyway, good having seen you again! Glad all has come to a great end! All the best, tc!

Hi Shane, looking cool from the front. have u ever tried using volumizer? how much of hair did the doc place on your crown area approximately and how does it look now? pm me if possible

Hey, no I haven't ever used a volumizer as I wanted to treat my hair as non-artificially as possible. My crown had approx. 700 grafts and mid-scalp around 1000.

Man, you look good! What a difference, you must be so happy! Looking at your pre op pic now, and then the recent ones, it is years I see you grew younger lol (You looked like a 50 yo in the last pic hehehe, jk ;)) If I were you, I would be more than satisfied with the state now, and save the remaining couple of hundreds of grafts for a potential future filling procedure. (Btw I wouldn`t use concealers etc. if I were you, but of course it`s up to you..)

Anyway, good having seen you again! Glad all has come to a great end! All the best, tc!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I doubt whether the remaining grafts will be able to cover up the entire thinning area, so not sure of another procedure. Concealers, I would avoid I guess, that's why I was thinking of a permanent buzz cut to conceal thinning.

shane, could u pm me or tell me how to have a chat with u offline

Please feel free to msg me through the forum Inbox to discuss.

• 1 month later...

Today's pics.....

1.jpg.846a43214014588d37d1e142fd1ceb8f.jpg

2.png.113962dfa2c1a6c6a6becc65c1771592.png

3.png.ed1a7e892caac60bde798c53d9f96f36.png

abc.jpg.648359970f166bc9ede40b47e01f1a88.jpg

Looks good mate, you've come a long way. I am looking forward to my procedure in September with Dr. Bhatti. Hope I get good results like yourself. Enjoy the new hair!

looking very good...thanks for the update. Your the feedback from your family and friends?

densedream - Best of luck for your procedure. let me know if I can help with your travel in any way

jayukdht - Feedback is good and anyways the change was gradual so easily acceptable

:)