Greetings and requests for opinions on my case

Hi to everybody,

I have been reading this Forum for a long time, so first of all, I would like to thank you all for the immense value you have provided me.

On the other hand, I am going to request your views on my case, which is not a big case, but I am quite paranoid with it.

I am 39 years old and I am kind of NW2. I would like to tweak my front line having a HT. I attach some pictures containing my expectations. I have contacted Rahal, who proposed to use 2.200 grafts FUE for "dense packing".

My main doubts are:

1) Can the risks associated to HT to make it worth it to go to the surgeon?

2) Are the "white dots" scars something to worry about if someday I want to shave my head? (I have seen some frightening cases)

3) What would happen in the future (20-30-40 years from now), if I lose the hair in the top? Will I have a strange "hair line" in the front? How will I be able to solve that?

In summary: (Assuming money is not an issue) Should I go to have my HT and recover my front line (Which is a BIG dream for me) or is it too risky and I should better assume I am getting old?

I apologize in advance for some of you who have more serious problems. Please understand that I am really paranoic with my hair.

Thank you to all of you,

PD: The top of my head is more or less ok

Paranodi

AnonD.jpg.88e1c7dac3495c4c01e243fbf42b35d5.jpg

AnonI.jpg.9fc144b8fb10777281a9dadeb505e2ce.jpg

Hi mate, you look like you have a good head of hair, especially for 39!! But if it bothers you and you want to address it then Belgium or turkey are the best place to go IMHO!! I see your from Italy, so your quite fortunate that there not that far!!!! I had fue in Belgium with dr Feriduni who I would say has as good as any results on here, check them out!! Then there's bisanga or mwamba both great fue surgeons in Belgium!!! If turkey hakan or erdogan are both excellent and cheap!!! Very cheap compared to America!! But if cost is no issue you won't find anyone with better out n out results then Lorenzo who is now based in Manchester with dr farjo!!!! Wouldn't worry about the white dots, my donor is still shaved down to a grade 1 with no signs of surgery!!!

It looks like you want to achieve something like this:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166122-raymond-konior-md-chicago-2345-graft-frontal-hairline-restoration.html

1) Can the risks associated to HT to make it worth it to go to the surgeon?

It's commonly stated that 2% of transplants fail to meet their objectives. That's a risk you have to take.

For someone like me (virtually no hair in the front half) it was easy to accept but for others with minimal loss I would imagine it's tougher.

2) Are the "white dots" scars something to worry about if someday I want to shave my head? (I have seen some frightening cases)

Depends if you really see yourself shaving your head in the future. Most older people only do it in response to hairloss whereas you appear to have great hair. There's no guarrantees you won't lose more hair though. Again, you have to weigh up the likelihood you will end up a bald man.

3) What would happen in the future (20-30-40 years from now), if I lose the hair in the top? Will I have a strange "hair line" in the front? How will I be able to solve that?

People take Finasteride tablets, usually 1mg a day. These act as a blocker and greatly slow down or sometimes stop hairloss in about 90% of men. There are some possible side effects in about 2% of users which you should talk to Dr Rahal, or your GP about.

The other aspect to consider is that you may need further proceedures to address loss behind the transplant in 10,15 or 20 years time. If you're prepared to accept that then no problem.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Paranodi,

Here's my advice, for what it's worth.

If I were you, I wouldn't even consider a hair transplant. You have a solid head of hair. No matter how skilled the surgeon is, there are always risks involved.

Ask yourself how you would feel if after the transplant your hair actually looked worse or it somehow gave an unnatural look. What if you didn't get the results you were hoping for? Could you live with that and be happy?

I don't know enough about FUE to comment on that.

If you get grafts put into your hairline and later on you lost more hair on top, you will have hair across the front of your head and be bald behind that. This would mean that you would need more procedures.

As far as Fin goes, I know a lot of people support it and take it daily. It's a personal decision, but you have to ask yourself if you want to take a drug everyday for years. There are a few things to consider

1) There are those who don't respond to Finasteride.

2) Some people experience some harsh side effects.

3) Does anybody really know what the long term effects of this drug are?

I don't mean to be a downer, but I believe in being honest.

Always remember this - Once you get a hair transplant, there is no turning back.

Good luck to you.