Got NeoGraft done July 27, 2013. Here's my current status

dannyboy785

Wow man that is really coming in nicely. I am about a month behind you in progress so I am patiently waiting for these grafts to really take off.

Here is 1 week Post-Op. 99% scabs gone and some grafts still very clearly visable.

1WeekPostOp_zps94a5d75b.jpg

3 Month Post Op. Pretty much 100% back to exactly the same way I looked before surgery.

3MonthPostOp_zps9cc93046.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man that is really coming in nicely. I am about a month behind you in progress so I am patiently waiting for these grafts to really take off.

It would be best if you could post exactly where the grafts were placed right after surgery. The first pic you posted doesn't really look that bad, so it's hard to tell where the improvement will show.

The Dr.'s recommendations for me was 800 grafts in the front along the hairline and center and other thinner areas and then 500 or so more in the crown area. My crown area is a bit strange since I have 3 calics. Right now to the naked eye I can only see straggler hairs along the hairline and in the center. I can feel some small spikes growing in the thinner crown areas. I guess 4 months is going to be key. The suspense is killing me! hahaha!

• 2 months later...

I needed to post an update because in the last 2 months, I had more growth than in the previous 5. I had a 3 month checkup near the end of October with the doc and I was very unhappy with the growth. Then 3 months later I visited and I was much more happy.

He claims that my hair growth and thickness is still about 2/3 of the way to 100%. Though I think that's a bit optimistic, I can definitely still feel small hairs just starting to grow, as well as current hairs that are very thin and haven't reached their full thickness.

My hair still looks thinner in bright light, as you can tell by my pictures. I tried to get angles in the light and just outside the light.

Unfortunately, I've only used a laser comb and never monoxidil, though I just started tonight so hopefully in 5 months when it's been 1 year since my surgery, I will have a healthy full head of hair.

DSC00094.jpg.e30424ca6c2b1fdce16752c30a8589fd.jpg

DSC00099.jpg.715273561f5baa2a3c337521a2fff548.jpg

DSC00096.jpg.c079d9c68f673fc986da86b547602a25.jpg

DSC00098.jpg.cdefbdb088c752de3f62b9f96830dc55.jpg

One other thing: I guess my hair was transplanted in the upward direction because it is pretty much stuck upward. It might look like I styled it like that, but I really have no choice. If I put full water pressure on it and pat it forward, it will kinda go forward, but will look very scattered, it won't go straight at all. Kinda upsetting but I guess I'm happier like this than I was before the HT

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the update! The Neograft is a machine used for performing Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). However, it is not a distinct procedure. Because of this, calling FUE performed with the NeoGraft a "NeoGraft procedure" is not accurate (though commonly seen).

Hope this clarifies!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Danny looking really good dude! Thanks for the update. You look like a completely different person now. As from my research it appears the phase you are in is the one that you really start to get excited. I myself will be 6 months 1 week from today. I am seeing slow results but nothing like you. Hopefully after 6 months I will follow your pattern! Thanks.

Danny,

I ha FUE on the hairline and temples just five days ago. I'm interested to hear if you had numbness on the top of your head and if so, how long it lasted. Additionally, how long did your donor area stay sensitive? Finding it hard to sleep at night and wake up every few hours due to discomfort. Between that and the numb scalp, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks for the great pics.

Danny,

I ha FUE on the hairline and temples just five days ago. I'm interested to hear if you had numbness on the top of your head and if so, how long it lasted. Additionally, how long did your donor area stay sensitive? Finding it hard to sleep at night and wake up every few hours due to discomfort. Between that and the numb scalp, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks for the great pics.

Yes, I remember my head being sensitive on the pillow for a month or even maybe 2. It wasn't painful to the point of waking me up, but I had to lay gently and if I rolled my head on the pillow, it would certainly catch my attention. The worst part was the itch because they tell me don't use my fingernails anywhere on my scalp and various parts itched so much sometimes, it was really hard to deal with.

Then a span of a few weeks where my hair was so flaky and I couldn't get it all out that I tried to avoid going out because it looked like terrible dandruff.

I don't really recall numbness in the donor area, other than it being sensitive to the touch for a month or so.

Hey 23Gulfstream - I just had a consult with Dr. Glat. I am debating doing this with his office. Who actually does the procedure? Were you happy with the experience and with the results? I would love to get as much feedback as possible. Thanks in advance

Hey 23Gulfstream - I just had a consult with Dr. Glat. I am debating doing this with his office. Who actually does the procedure? Were you happy with the experience and with the results? I would love to get as much feedback as possible. Thanks in advance

My only gripe was that they kinda concealed how long it would take to get results. They advertise on the radio saying "no scar, go back to work the next day" but that simply isn't true. I had a medical cap on my head for a day or so after, and then for a few weeks after, I had the scabs on the back and side of my head. And even after those were gone, the newly transplanted hairs mostly fell out and then took 4 months to even show a little bit of growth, then 6 months later the hair was actually visible. Also for about the first month, the white flakes that fall out look like terrible dandruff and it was quite embarrassing to go out in public.

Even now, I saw the doc a month ago and he said I'm 2/3 of the way to 100% growth. He said it can take up to a year to be at 100% and that is definitely not what was conveyed in the consultations and radio ads, but then again I would probably be more hesitant to get it done if I knew all of these things.

I'm lucky that I worked from home all while I was recovering, I seriously cannot imagine someone having a job where they have to interact with people all day while going through the recovery. It really looks terrible before it starts looking good.

I've been taking a weekly video since before I got it done and I'll compile it all probably at the 1-year mark and post it.

What's up Gman. Dr. Glat's office is top notch. The gentleman performing the procedure will be Stephen Archibald and probably 2-3 of his female assistants. You most likey met with Stephen at your consultation. Stephen is a super nice guy and extremely knowledgeable as well as his assistants. Stephen has been doing this a long time and I believe performs procedures at Dr. Glat's office in Philly and also elsewhere in the country. He may have even done some celebrities but I couldn't get that out of him when we were chatting during my surgery. I had mine done on August 20th, 2013 (approx 6 months ago). I believe they did over 100 procedures that year up until mine in August and they have been doing neograft for years. My experience with them was great. I took a week vacation from work and had the procedure done on a Tuesday. I had to be under the radar for about 5 days later. You will have some itching, minor swelling around the eyes and forehead and some tenderness and itching at the donor site. All-in-all not a big deal. You will be prescribed 7.5mg pain killers to deal with the discomfort. It's not a big deal. After 5 days and some tricky blending with the home clippers nobody could tell I had anything done and I was back to work on Monday (6 days post-op) and nobody could tell. I was actually told by friends that the buzzcut on the sides looks really good and makes me look like I have more hair than I do. HAHAHA! Up until now only my mother, father, sister and girlfriend know. The only thing I will tell you is don't expect to see much at 3-4 months like they tell you. If you do, GREAT! But it's more like 5-7 months like Danny and I have experienced. 1 more thing, I'm not sure of your current situation and graft recommendation Stephen gave you but at the surgery or before the surgery ask Stephen why he shaves the donor site like he does. It's almost like the mouth of a smiley face kind of shave above 1/3 up from the bottom of the back of your head. If I had my preference I would of like to have him shave the entire back of my head perhaps up to ear level and extract the grafts from a broader area. This would make hiding the donor site easier and the overall donor area more thick than taking all the grafts from a smaller area. Ask him about this! That way you can do a 0,1,2,3 blend up your head and you will look good. Any more questions hit me up bro. My donor site is undetectable right now but that larger extraction area would definitely make blending after surgery much easier.

• Administrators

Guys,

For some reason, can't tell why, the image that was uploaded ended up as a whole binary string in the actual post body, which completely messes with the code that loads the page.

I did remove the post, and all the additional posts, where users mentioned that the page would not load correctly, as these are now redundant (hopefully).

I do hope that this fixes the page load issues and this post will be visible.

Hans

Webmaster

Guys,

For some reason, can't tell why, the image that was uploaded ended up as a whole binary string in the actual post body, which completely messes with the code that loads the page.

I did remove the post, and all the additional posts, where users mentioned that the page would not load correctly, as these are now redundant (hopefully).

I do hope that this fixes the page load issues and this post will be visible.

Thank you for that!

Thanks I actually did meet with Dr. Archibald. I am assuming Glat does not do these? How do you feel about the assistants helping? Who actually put the grafts back in? I am hoping to do this at the ned of March or beginning of April depending on their schedule. I was told he would do 1500 grafts - how many did you end up doing? I will keep you posted on what I end up doing.

Gman, have no worries, Stephen controls everything and makes all the incisions where the grafts will be placed. His assistants simply drop the graft in the hole so-to-speak. Funny I just seen this today I actually met with Stephen this morning for my 6 month follow up. Crazy they would even consider this on a Sunday but Dr. Glats operation is first rate across the board. Stephen even told me if im unhappy with the symmetry of the final hairline i can come back and he will do a few hundred grafts for free. Get this done dude, it will be the some of the best money you will spend. Im at 6 months now and getting really excited. Stephen said I am 60% right now and the next 3 months will be much more improvement. I go back to met him again 3 months from now. Pull the trigger man, you will not be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

First off congrats on pulling the trigger. I'm sure by now you know what I mean by a first class operation they run over there at Dr. Glats.

Regarding the blending trick, you will need some help with this from another person that knows how to cut hair and pays attention to detail. You will need all the blades on your standard Wahl home clippers. You will continue to use no blade, the #1/2 blade, #1 and the #1-1/2 blade over the next few days to keep up with the blend. Depending on what style you are rockin' right now will determine what you can do but start by taking the clippers with no blade and cut all the hair from the bottom up to the donor. Then proceed to start a blend from the top of your donor up your head maybe a 1/2" each time progressively increasing the blade size until you get to the top of your head. I was undetectable after 5 days. 7 days all white scabs and stuff were gone and I was out in public with no hat and nobody knew a thing.

Be patient and try to get a fresh haircut once a month and take a picture after each haircut. 7 months from now will be the first time you actually get excited about growth. It's such a slow process even you will be tricked and have to look back at old pictures of yourself. You won't believe your eyes when you do. Hang in there it is worth it and you can always go back for touch up and more grafts if you want! Relax and enjoy.

So far so good I guess. The scabbing is annoying but what can you do. I actually did shave under the donor site to blend it better. The top or crown (where my grafts went) is obviously tender and I haven't touched that area but I think I need to get shaved down to a 2 or a 3. The pain isn't bad at all. I go back for my follow up next week. You were right, they were a great office to work with as Steven and his assistant were awesome during the whole procedure. I would recommend Dr. Glats office for this procedure if you are on the fence.

Glad you took the plunge. By now I'm sure you are getting almost back to normal. Once you look like you did prior to surgery all pressure is off and breathe easy knowing that you are now gaining hair as time goes on and not losing it. Take those progress pics because it will blow your mind 7 months from now. Expensive procedure yes, but hands down some of the best money I've spent. When you look good, you feel good. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Gulfstream, Gman:

I am very much considering Dr. Glat. And I imagine it will be around the same number of grafts that you guys' got. If I may ask, how much did that set you back? I have been seeing some numbers on Glat, but no real firm info.