Dr.HAKAN DOGANAY VS Dr.KORAY ERDOGAN TURKEY !

Danish

Thanks Hariri and Spanker for your detailed and thoughtful observations regarding these 2 doctors. I am still awaiting a reply from Dr Koray's office (it's been a few days, but I understand he's very busy). At that point I will make a decision on whether to take the plunge in Istanbul or in Antalya next year. Antalya is always extremely hot and humid in summer (often 40 degrees C). I would suspect that could have a harmful effect on post-op recovery

You should contact the member 'Denny' on this site, he is a representative of Dr Koray. He should speed things up for you.

Regarding Antalya, don't worry about what kind of temperatures you will be exposed to post op. What you must prevent is direct sunlight to scalp post op, so you will be wearing something on your head. Heat in itself however has little or no impact post ht. Many patients from many top clinics return home to their naturally hot countries after an op and still get great yields.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 5 months later...

Very interesting thread with some very useful information. Really hard to chose between these two. Mickey85 - do you have a particular preference? I am booked to have my first procedure with Hakan in June 2014, but I have heard such amazing things about Koray that am wondering whether I should change doctors. There is a patient who has also posted results recently on this site (he had his first procedure with Prohairclinic in Belgium) who has a poor result with Dr Doganay, which is making me question my decision....

I have also noticed from Dr Erdogan's website that his premises look absolutely state of the art, whereas Dr Doganay's looks a bit more basic....this has no bearing on the quality of the result, but it does you give your more confidence when the premises are really plush.

There is absolutely no way you can guarantee someone will not have swelling. The doctor's procedure plays a big role in this, but so does the patients physiology and there is no way to predict that.

i had procedure done with dr.hakan on the 20th of sept 2013,zero swelling.and i was out with no hat in public after 1 week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Danish,

Im just curious, who did you choose? Hakan Doganay or Koray Erdogan and why? :)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 months later...
You hit the nail on the head. Both surgeons are my favorite. However, If you are looking for pure manual FUE then Erdogan wins but if that does NOT matter then Dr. Hakan is better when it comes to many aspects:-

1) Use of Choi implanter (search for its benefits).

2) Better communication.

3) Free Accommodation.

4) He is recommended in IAHRS (which is very hard to be a member).

5) His rates are very reasonable (€ 2/ graft).

6) He can use your body hair in the future (BHT expert).

7) Listens to the patient (The density & design you demand).

8) He is there during the whole surgery (I witnessed that twice).

9) His assistant Dr. Ayehan is a great translator and speaks English fluently.

10) He will be the ONLY one who will touch your recipient (One step which is incision and implanting together). I believe its the secret of his great yield.

These 10 reasons made me choose him to repair me. Bare in my mind that he does manual FUE upon request but with the same rate of Erdogan € 2.5/ graft. Good Luck.[/quote

Hi

I like further the idea of leg and body hair. But how much scaring is there if any?

I will probably use Dogonay for my final work front hairline ...

Thanks

I like the results from Dr. Erdogan but it's very hard to try and get a response from the clinic which I find a bit off-putting. I also find his grafts quotes quite high, I've been quoted 1300 more grafts then any of my previous maximum quotes.

• 1 month later...
I like the results from Dr. Erdogan but it's very hard to try and get a response from the clinic which I find a bit off-putting. I also find his grafts quotes quite high, I've been quoted 1300 more grafts then any of my previous maximum quotes.

I agree completely. Graft quote high because of fancy hairlines i think.

I was going to have a procedure with him, just a matter of details, then no response. Before that, communication not excellent at all.

Lateatnight,

Personally I think the high graft quotes are because he seems to need higher graft numbers to produce the results some other surgeons can do with lower grafts... I'm cautious about this because of all that precious donor hair. I did ask the clinic why the high graft quotes and their response was that they are trying to use higher graft numbers to increase density of results which I think backs up my point about needing to use higher grafts to achieve what other clinics can do with lower graft number therefore keeping vital donor reserves. I do think his results are great though and ideal for someone who is at a higher scale of loss.

I was going to have a procedure with him too but the communication broke down then restarted then broke down and I just gave up in the end. It was all too hit and miss for me.

• 3 months later...

^

Can you please share who you think the way better options are?

I have narrowed down to Dr. Hakan and Dr. Koray.

Dr. Koray proposed 5,000 grafts done in 2 sittings of 2500 each day.

Dr. Hakan proposed 3,000 grafts done in one sitting.

The overall price for Dr. Hakan is of course much better, but I have been more impressed with Dr. Koray's hairlines (as others have mentioned).

I'd appreciate any input, and would love any updates from the OP.

:)

I had the same issue as you , I opted for Hakan . Like you Koray suggested a lot more grafts than Hakan (and several other Dr's i consulted with ) , i go to Hakan in two weeks , i don't think there's much between them , more grafts should mean a better result so if you have the money it's your choice.

I had the same issue as you , I opted for Hakan . Like you Koray suggested a lot more grafts than Hakan (and several other Dr's i consulted with ) , i go to Hakan in two weeks , i don't think there's much between them , more grafts should mean a better result so if you have the money it's your choice.

Thanks for your input. The difference in price is quite steep, however, so that is of course a consideration. I do like Dr. Koray's work and would probably go with it if I had that kind of money.

I don't think 5k grafts over two days is advisable...that's too many grafts IMO. I have not seen too many successful FUE surgeries that had that many grafts in 1-2 days.

I'll take not of this, thanks. I am learning a lot right now. My hairloss was pretty sudden, so I have to get up to speed quite quickly.

And as a general update, Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, also from Turkey, is now seriously on my radar. I have read many good reports, seen good results, and his prices and work ethic both seem very good.

Yes mate there was a massive rise in cost between the Dr's for me too , that was due to the number of grafts between each quote.

It's very tricky business.

I have actually (online) consulted with Dr. Hakan, Dr. Koray, Dr. Demirsoy, Dr. Karadeniz, also of Turkey, and Dr. Bhatti of India.

I literally have to make a spread sheet to make sense of things and make further consideration. Then I have to go through before and after photos and think further. :confused::)

Hello

I came back from Turkey last night. 3070 Graft by Dr. Doganay.

I am waiting for them to email me the pictures so I can share it with you.

I am a bit too tired to take pictures or give detailed account of my trip right now, I will do that tomorrow.

I just wanted to say that I am very happy right now with the result. Of course it's too soon to judge and I hope I won't regret saying this after couple of months, but it was the best 6000 euro I have spent so far on myself. Nice people, genuinely caring and generous and very helpful. Obviously they have to be like that to get more patients but they do go extra miles even when they don't have to or you don't ask. I came back with one year supply of Propecia, a bag full of medicine and vitamins and a big smile on my face.

The donor area already looks like as if I haven't had any hair extracted, but my forehead and eyebrows are swollen.

I will open a new thread tomorrow and will be more than happy to answer any questions and hear your opinions.

Kind regards

• 1 year later...

I had 2 HT operations with Dr.Hakan, first one was 2 years ago and I was satisfied with the results, it was 1900 grafts to my receding hairline and to have some density as well.

the staff was amazing, the translator that picked me up from the airport and assisted me during my visit was extremely helpful, informative and clear in his communication, which is very important since Dr.hakan doesn't speak English (assistant no longer working with them). overall it was a successful.

My second however was not satisfying at all. my purpose was to increase my density, once I arrived at their clinic and started to explain to the new assistant, it was like she was trying to get it over with, no attention to details and my desire was not communicated well to dr.hakan. I explained to her what areas I needed to increase density with minor adjustment to my hairline but I was surprised once they were shaving my head before the op. we weren't on the same page, as what exactly do I want. it's been almost 2 months since my second op. the reason why am not happy because I didn't like the how it looked after the op. areas that needed some density was left out,and my hair line wasn't looking even. I believe that this is due to insufficient communication from the time of my arrival at the clinic. Dr.Hakan didn't look or examine my hair nor did his assistant/translator communicate well. come to think about it even the room was dark. comparing with my first HT, the main issue is related to the attention and support provided by the assistant/translator.

so am seriously thinking of doing my third HT with dr.Erdogan after 6 months or more, planing to have my lower beard hair as doner, since almost 3150 was taken from back of my head and I don't want to risk it more.

Plus the clinic driver made n accident while I the way to drop me at the airport, and had the nerve to ask for a tip, so overall the whole experience was not as expected. and I blame my self as well for having over trust with Dr.Hakans clinic (since my first op with them was positive) and I expected the same in the second time, where I should have emphasized my preference instead of assuming we're on the same page.

All the Best

Right now is not a good time to be traveling to Turkey, RIP to all the people who died at the Istanbul terrorist attack.

Why not? Can you say the same thing about travelling to the USA based on San Bernadino, Orlando and Boston? What about Western Europe to places such as Paris and Brussels? Would you visit New York right about now? Reality is that these Barbarians can strike any place and at any time. They have successfully taken the war to us now, and there really is nowhere to hide. It's very very scary

brother this not the first time in 2016 that Turkey has had a terrorist attack. I only stay that because it's true. I just hope and pray that there are no more attacks anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...