Dr.HAKAN DOGANAY VS Dr.KORAY ERDOGAN TURKEY !

Danish

Hi guys

Im new to this forum but, its allready been helpfull to me by narroving my choice of HT doctors down to these 2 doctors in turkey.

I have been in touch with both doctors, Dr Hakans assistant answered within 12 hours while Dr Koray's was like 3 days.

I got an offer from both, and it seems like Dr. Hakan is the best bang for the buck!

Dr. Hagen suggest 1500-2000 Grafts (based on foto) for the price of 2 Euro pr graft, Dr. Hakan's staff will arrrange transportation, hotel, food etc with no charge for the 3 day stay. Lets set the bar high and say he will transplant 2400 grafts, that will cost me 4800 Euros !

Now.

Dr. Koray suggests 2400 grafts (based on foto) for the price of 2,5 Euro pr graft. Dr. Korays staff will arrange hotel reservation which ill have to pay myself 99Euro pr day, food etc ill have to pay myself. Then Dr. Koray charges an extra 300 Euro for Medication and transfers, anyone knows what kind of medication i need when doing a HT ? So im looking at about 6600 Euros here !

I Know price isnt everything but its almost 1800 Euros Cheaper at Hakan, and they seem to take care for everything for you.

Dr. Hakan have a good reputation in here, he has a lot of before/after pictures. Dr. Koray is brand new here and almost no pictures to show. I know it should be no problem to decide from these criteria, most would pick Dr. Hakan.

But i also liked the results on the few pictures Dr.Koray uploaded.

Dr. Hakan can dense pack 60FU/cm2

Dr. Koray can dense pack 55FU/cm2

Dr. Hakan can transplant xxxx ? grafts in one session

Dr. Koray can transplant 2400 grafts in one session - one day

Dr. Koray uses "one step manual extraction technique"

Dr. Hakan uses Micromotor ? I gues this is a 2 step procedure ?

Dr. Koray Uses manual punch with some instrument made by Ellis instruments ?

Ranges from 0.6-0.9mm

Dr. Hakan uses "choi implanter pen" Ranges from 0.6-0.8mm

I am confused ! Please give me your input or experience, and doctors are also welcome to give feedback.

1090383_1394279457463977_1829637059_o.jpg.979096e8709e65adf600a4672be8c044.jpg

Hi Danish, If I were you I would decide only by the results of each doctor. I mean the hairline style you prefer/the look of the grafted hairs/the overall density. I would pay the extra if it meant a better result because a HT is serious and you can't really go back once you get one.

Keep searching for results from both doctors and decide who's work/style you prefer.

Good luck.

Results for Koray Erdgogan will be under the clinic name Asmed.

Alternatively you could try mailing Denny the clinic representative on here.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks for the answers so far guys !

Dr. Erdogan also offers PRP Treatment (Platelet Rich Plasma) which will improve the healing after operation.The cost of the PRP treatment is 300 euro.

does anyone know if this is any good ??

You hit the nail on the head. Both surgeons are my favorite. However, If you are looking for pure manual FUE then Erdogan wins but if that does NOT matter then Dr. Hakan is better when it comes to many aspects:-

1) Use of Choi implanter (search for its benefits).

2) Better communication.

3) Free Accommodation.

4) He is recommended in IAHRS (which is very hard to be a member).

5) His rates are very reasonable (€ 2/ graft).

6) He can use your body hair in the future (BHT expert).

7) Listens to the patient (The density & design you demand).

8) He is there during the whole surgery (I witnessed that twice).

9) His assistant Dr. Ayehan is a great translator and speaks English fluently.

10) He will be the ONLY one who will touch your recipient (One step which is incision and implanting together). I believe its the secret of his great yield.

These 10 reasons made me choose him to repair me. Bare in my mind that he does manual FUE upon request but with the same rate of Erdogan € 2.5/ graft. Good Luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

question for the op, where would you be travelling from? Im considering travelling there as well from Canada. Also I emailed Dr Hakans clinic and they responded within 30 minutes. Great customer service

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

question for the op, where would you be travelling from? Im considering travelling there as well from Canada. Also I emailed Dr Hakans clinic and they responded within 30 minutes. Great customer service

Dr. Hakan got two active customer service staff by the name of Mustafa (who is in US now) & Ahmet (who handles the forums). They are very fluent in English and very friendly. Also Dr. Ayehan (Dr. Hakan's assistant) and a BHT expert who is a very good translator and could be contacted directly on +905323134198 :D

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Im traveling from Denmark, its a 4 hour flight and ticket only cost around 200 Euro so that could not be better ;O)

I actually considered Hasson and Wong, but the only do strip method which is not for me !!

That's pretty reasonable. My flight would be around 1200 Canadian. Im kinda concerned about how I would feel taking a flight after surgery. I imagine there would be lots of swelling and bruising

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

That's pretty reasonable. My flight would be around 1200 Canadian. Im kinda concerned about how I would feel taking a flight after surgery. I imagine there would be lots of swelling and bruising

I assure you that you wont get any. The Choi Implanter used by Dr.Hakan is minimally invasive than blades. Also they will give you a special injection that will avoid noticeable swelling. You will get small red dots with no signs of blood. I can even see patients going to the mall without a hat which I find it quite crazy lol...

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

The method of HT has little impact on the kind of swelling one encounters. Swelling depends largely on where grafts were placed, and how much anaesthetic was required. The more grafts placed at the hairline /front, the bigger the chance of swelling.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I assure you that you wont get any. The Choi Implanter used by Dr.Hakan is minimally invasive than blades. Also they will give you a special injection that will avoid noticeable swelling. You will get small red dots with no signs of blood. I can even see patients going to the mall without a hat which I find it quite crazy. Also try not to go for high density above then 55 fu/cm2. Stay within the range of 45-55 fu/cm2. This is my personal advice :D

My Hair Treatments:

Hi, I'm new around here, but have been following posts on these 2 highly respected doctors very closely as they are the ones on my short list for a HT next year. I was veering towards Dr Koray based on the huge number of successful post-HT pics he's posted compared to Dr Hakan (although the ones I've seen coming from his Antalya clinic look great, too). I also live in Istanbul making an appointment with Dr Koray a lot easier.

However, as Hariri has undergone surgery with both of these doctors I find his arguments very persuasive, especially with regard to the Choi Implanter. Did you notice a great difference in the results between these 2 docs. Hariri and in the initial scarring? As regards who touches the recipient, I am still awaiting a reply from Dr Koray about who performs the various steps of the surgery. Are you saying that Dr Hakan performs all the stages whereas Dr Koray does not. Apologies if I have misinterpreted your comments.

I am deeply indebted to this forum for helping me to reach an informed decision about this big step, especially Hariri and Mickey for your highly informative posts about Turkey.

Hi, I'm new around here, but have been following posts on these 2 highly respected doctors very closely as they are the ones on my short list for a HT next year. I was veering towards Dr Koray based on the huge number of successful post-HT pics he's posted compared to Dr Hakan (although the ones I've seen coming from his Antalya clinic look great, too). I also live in Istanbul making an appointment with Dr Koray a lot easier.

However, as Hariri has undergone surgery with both of these doctors I find his arguments very persuasive, especially with regard to the Choi Implanter. Did you notice a great difference in the results between these 2 docs. Hariri and in the initial scarring? As regards who touches the recipient, I am still awaiting a reply from Dr Koray about who performs the various steps of the surgery. Are you saying that Dr Hakan performs all the stages whereas Dr Koray does not. Apologies if I have misinterpreted your comments.

I am deeply indebted to this forum for helping me to reach an informed decision about this big step, especially Hariri and Mickey for your highly informative posts about Turkey.

I appreciate your kind words. As far as I know:-

Dr. Koray Erdogan

Donor

Punching: Him and head technician (Delik)

Extracting: Nurses

Recipient

Incisions: Him

Implanting: Nurses

Method of Extraction: Manual punch Only

Dr. Hakan Doganay

Donor

Punching: Him and head technician (Hava)

Extracting: Nurses

Recipient

(Incision+implanting): Him Only via Choi Implanter (one step)

Method of Extraction: Both (SAFE system & Manual punch upon request)

If I am wrong then please correct me. ;)

My Hair Treatments:

I assure you that you wont get any. The Choi Implanter used by Dr.Hakan is minimally invasive than blades. Also they will give you a special injection that will avoid noticeable swelling. You will get small red dots with no signs of blood. I can even see patients going to the mall without a hat which I find it quite crazy. Also try not to go for high density above then 55 fu/cm2. Stay within the range of 45-55 fu/cm2. This is my personal advice :D

There is absolutely no way you can guarantee someone will not have swelling. The doctor's procedure plays a big role in this, but so does the patients physiology and there is no way to predict that.

how long does the swelling typically last from an fue procedure? when I had my fut my head and eyes were very badly swollen. If Im going to travel to turkey rom Canada not sure I want to be seen with a pumpkin head

You will have swelling around the eyes for up to a week. Just depends on the person coupled with amount of trauma to the tissue. If you take prednisone post op it will aid the swelling. I chose not to and flew home (from Canada) with noticeable swelling.

You will have swelling around the eyes for up to a week. Just depends on the person coupled with amount of trauma to the tissue. If you take prednisone post op it will aid the swelling. I chose not to and flew home (from Canada) with noticeable swelling.

My swelling lasted for only 3 days back in 2011 when I had 2500 grafts FUT. With proper medications and facial massage it will go away faster. However I still strongly believe that Choi implanter reduces swelling. I have met many patients at Hakan's clinic, some were 2 days post op with zero swelling!!! :eek:

My Hair Treatments:

Is it true that Dr Doganay is relocating to Istanbul ? and if so when is this happening?

Its still under study. I dont think anything will happen this year but they just opened a brand new clinic in Antalya days ago. Based on what I heard that the new clinic in Istanbul will be located in Buyukcekmece which is west of the Ataturk airport around 34 km. So it wont be at all close to the city centre. Good thing that it will have its own patient's accommodation just like HDC clinic in Cyprus where clinic and accommodation are in the same building.

Check out this map to have a clearer idea...

https://maps.google.com.bh/maps?saddr=Ataturk+Airport+(IST),+Atat%C3%BCrk+International+Airport,+Ye%C5%9Filk%C3%B6y+Mh.,+Bak%C4%B1rk%C3%B6y%2FIstanbul+Province,+Turkey&daddr=B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C3%A7ekmece,+Turkey&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.058126,28.783493&spn=0.298747,0.676346&sll=41.041038,28.750534&sspn=0.298824,0.676346&geocode=FcNVcQId2MS3ASG-Om7EIBOlDSlHykI0C6PKFDG-Om7EIBOlDQ%3BFdpscgIdpbyzASm3GvD06Fy1FDGedJYOl94Z-Q&oq=buyuk&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

My Hair Treatments:

Trauma is trauma. Incisions causes trauma. Trauma causes swelling. That is really all there is to it. If a doctor can figure out how to do surgery without making an incision, then someone can promise there will be no swelling. As said, location and number of grafts are big determining factors.

As to which doctor, I prefer Dr. Koray's hairline work. Both doctors give excellent yield, but when it comes to artistry, I think Dr. Koray is who I personally prefer. That said,I think I have seen a lot more of his work on YouTube, so that could be why. Both are good and have their points. Those prices almost sound unbelievable as they both are very talented.

The medication price thing seems odd to me, but I don't know what it costs the clinic or know anything about Turkish medicine. I'd like to hear more on that if anyone knows anything about it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i would say first see results of both of them and please make sure that who gives the perfect hairline and then only decide.

I would say i will first do lot of research on hairline as that is the template of HT

hairline hairline hairline trust me i am telling u thats very very imp thing to look into

make sure what is ur expectation and then see if with that goal can any of these doctor can give desirable hairline or not