Finpecia(Finasteride) is same as Propecia??

machman

There's varying opinion on this. I have been on Propecia for 10+ years and recently went to FIN to save money and do seem to have thinned. I sumbitted for an online consultation and Joe from Hason and Wong firmly believes that real Propecia or Proscar work better. The Docs I've talked to said if you start thinning go back on the real stuff.

My dad is a retired doctor and called pharmacy to call in my Propecia and the Pharmacy said they use the same pills for Propecia and Finasteride. Strange and frustrating

• 4 weeks later...
There's varying opinion on this. I have been on Propecia for 10+ years and recently went to FIN to save money and do seem to have thinned. I sumbitted for an online consultation and Joe from Hason and Wong firmly believes that real Propecia or Proscar work better. The Docs I've talked to said if you start thinning go back on the real stuff.

My dad is a retired doctor and called pharmacy to call in my Propecia and the Pharmacy said they use the same pills for Propecia and Finasteride. Strange and frustrating

What kind of Finasteride are you using and where do you get it ?

I never had problems after switching to Finasteride ( generic Proscar cut in 1/4's) and 2 year sa go was diagnosed with bph and that same finasteride ( now at 5mg/day) shrunk my prostate so i know it's the real deal

• 2 weeks later...

When they counterfeit drugs they use brand names and make them look virtually identical to the real thing.

It's not the brand you get but rather where you get it.

Anything you get from the U.S is most likely legit, overseas cross your fingers