I have wavy and some curly hair...what FUE techniques work best?

Jingle,

This is not true. Individuals with wavy/curly hair can definitely undergo FUE procedures. However, the procedure may be a bit more complicated and require a skillful, trained physician. The actual hair shaft leaves the scalp at a different angle than the follicle. Because of this, trying to simply follow the hair shaft with an FUE punch to remove a follicular unit can result in transection of grafts. This is even more true with wiry/curly hair. Because of this, Either a superficial 2 step extraction process with a sharp punch and forceps, or a 3 step extraction process with a sharp punch, a dull punch, and forceps is likely best. Let me know if you have any FUE surgeons in mind, and I can help with additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.