Permagraft

SuperHair

What is permagraft? Does it damage your hair? Lets say I get it, can one day still get hair transplant if I remove the permagraft. If you can remove.

It's just another hairpiece and it's definitely not permanent, so there's nothing to stop you having a HT in the future. One thing to watch out for is that some methods of attachment can pull on your hair which may cause traction alopecia over time.

Also can you please tell me the best methods of attachment and what I should look out for?

Did some research but no place talked about what how some methods of attachments aren't good.

The most practical way of attaching a hairpiece is to use double-sided tape. Some guys prefer glue but it gets pretty messy if you're not careful.

And however they try to phrase it, even Permagraft will involve some sort of adhesive and they'll probably charge the earth for reattachments. It's really not good for the scalp to go for weeks between attachments. Find the right tape and it really shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I did this for 20+ years before going for a HT!

Nevermind. Got my answer

It's a waste of time hair system is cheaper compared to all this other junk.

Let's say the glue that is used for the hair system causes damage to the hair. Or even traction alopecia. Can I still get hair transplants or is that area damaged for good? My glue is not on the entire scalp just around the sides. Wonder if the tape on the front will ruin my hair?

Glue itself won't damage the hair or the scalp. Traction alopecia is only a problem when the hair is being pulled for prolonged periods of time, e.g. corn row plaiting, hairpiece attachment with clips or the old-fashioned 'weave'. So whatever hair replacement you choose, you'll still be ok for a HT in the future.

Do you have the link to perfect grade glue? I was told hard bond glue will damage my hairline and other areas. And the damaged areas I won't be able to get hair tranplants there!!! But it sounds like this isn't true. Even if it is damaged I can still get transplants..

Oh and thanks for the reply postdoc and others..

Hey london1982, any chance you can put up some pics? I would like to see what kind of style you are going with. I am very active too and worry about sweating. I would just need a partial on the crown. Right now I just use hair makeup which doesn't look so good if I sweat too much or god forbid if it rains.