Hello,

My HT completed 15 days today. As recommended by my doctor, I used some baby oil on the scabs and wait 30-45 minutes to start "touching it".

My doubts are:

How do I know if I did something wrong?

I was touching the scabs until they fall, and some did it easily, and some hardly. I know I lost one of the scabs, since it bled a little bit, but all the others were ok (no blood, ugly thing with the small hairs - not all the scabs had hairs).

Apparently, everything is ok? It's normal the hair go with the scab? I should only worry if it bleed, right?

Thanks!

Richard,

At 15 days post-op, the grafts should be fully anchored, and carefully removing the scabs shouldn't be an issue. Most experts recommend not "picking" the scabs off with your nails, but gently removing them 15 days after the procedure shouldn't be an issue. Regardless, I highly recommend double checking with your clinic, simply to ensure you're following the post-operative instructions closely.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Richard,

At 15 days post-op, the grafts should be fully anchored, and carefully removing the scabs shouldn't be an issue. Most experts recommend not "picking" the scabs off with your nails, but gently removing them 15 days after the procedure shouldn't be an issue. Regardless, I highly recommend double checking with your clinic, simply to ensure you're following the post-operative instructions closely.

Thank you!

It's normal the hair fall with the scabs 15 days post-op, right?

My clinic is in another city, so I can't personally visit it these days, but I'm talking frequently with my doctor by phone.

But this forum helps with a lot of good information.

Usually, I only have to worry when the scabs fall with blood, right? If the fall with the hair, it's ok...

I had about 3 spots on my head where the scabs (& hairs) came off with a tiny bit of blood. It's just the top layer of skin and nothing to worry about. The important bit of the graft remains well below the surface.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day