Mexico

frantic

Hi i'm new to this but i'm heading 2 mexico and i'm somewhere between a 5 and a 5 a, will be considering getting up to an 8000 graft done, excuse the poor turn of phrase,anyone know anything about surgeons there, clinics or anyone had transplants done there?any bits of info will be gratefully received. one good thing price's look very good there.:)

many thanks

I would not get a HT in Mexico. The low cost will likely equate to low quality and you will regret it. I would think long and hard about this decision. I strongly suggest that you go to one of the docs recommended on here. Consult with a few and find the one that is right for you.

8000 grafts is alot and you may not even have the donor for it. If you do, it will take 2-3 procedures to reach that number.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

frantic,

Welcome! "Cant decide" has given you some excellent advice. There could be some great docs in Mexico but I've never seen any legitimate, quality work presented by patients of Mexican clinics. In fact, I don't recall hearing of any clinics performing consistent, quality work.

Though I fully understand the temptation to save money on an expensive procedure, you do not want to end up one of the many repair jobs that end up having to visit one of the skilled physicians recommended by the Hair Transplant Network to fix a poor quality transplant.

You should definitely check out our criteria for recommending physicians and our list of pre-screened hair transplant surgeons. Having the work done right the first time is going to save you a lot of money and stress in the long run.

If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I've never seen any legitimate, quality work presented by patients of Mexican clinics. In fact, I don't recall hearing of any clinics performing consistent, quality work
what does that mean, you've never seen good work from anyone in mexico or the work you've seen some has been good and some has been bad?. Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

oh and please i'm not discounting what you say, i'm just trying to get a littl clearer

and anyone got any expirences with hair transplants in Poland, I was reading someone posts who had his done in india and then the conversation went over to a surgeon in poland, but i cant find them!!!!!

Frantic,

Is there a reason why you're considering surgery in Poland and Mexico? Geographically, these areas are far apart, and I'm wondering if you're interested in recommended clinics in between?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

what does that mean, you've never seen good work from anyone in mexico or the work you've seen some has been good and some has been bad?.

Sorry...to clarify, I've heard a couple of people mention having gone to Mexico with good results but have never seen any photos presented that would indicate that these were legitimate patients.

I also have never seen any Mexican clinics presenting their work online.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sorry ... no outside links of that nature!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.