Minoxidil - Is once a day enough?

WantSephirothHair

I've just started taking finasteride for thinning hair, it's getting quite thin in places but there is still hair there, just much finer and lighter. I was hoping finasteride would be enough, but several people have said I should combine finasteride with minoxidil for the best results.

I'm okay with putting it on in the evenings, but I don't really see how I can incorporate it into my morning routine and go to work with it on. If I do start using it, will once a day be enough? Has anyone tried both and able to tell the difference?

Yes it is, read this article by Dr.Bernstein:-

"What’s interesting is that although Rogaine has been prescribed in the packaging insert to be used twice a day, often people can get the same results if they put it on more liberally just once a day at night. So if you can put it on at night and use the propylene glycol based solution, the 5% men’s solution, then you can circumvent the cosmetic problems with it being greasy because you can wash it off in the morning. Most people take showers in the morning.

So what we advise most people to do is use the more effective 5% just once a day, at night, wash it out in the morning and then you’re done.

The other thing is we find that when people use the medication twice a day, it’s kind of a nuisance. They kind of just dab it on and you really want to get a good even coat of the entire areas that have the potential to be bald, not just the areas that are thinning a lot. Because the medications work, as you know, as a prevention just as much as regrowing hair back."

Video: Which Is Better: Rogaine Foam Or Liquid? | Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I've read about the foam and it does sound more easily usable, but from what I've read tpday it sounds like the foam isn't as effective at actually reaching the scalp through your hair, and skin absorption. I'll do more research but I'm wondering if it's all that useful.... I have long hair too so it'll be tough getting through the thicker hair to the thinning parts.

I've read about the foam and it does sound more easily usable, but from what I've read tpday it sounds like the foam isn't as effective at actually reaching the scalp through your hair, and skin absorption. I'll do more research but I'm wondering if it's all that useful.... I have long hair too so it'll be tough getting through the thicker hair to the thinning parts.

Well I got this advice from someone on this form and it sounded good and now I do the same thing so ill share it with you .....He said he used the foam in the morning and Rogaine 5% Topical at night before bed....I think it was David-TakingThePlunge?

Oh, I'll definitely consider it! I'm sure it's better than the alternative (not using any minox in the morning). Maybe I'll start with the foam, then eventually switch to a once a night liquid regime. Really I'm just glad to know that once a day, at night is considered a viable option by some people.

I keep the form in my wine cooler and then hold the canister in my hand (while it cools my hand it warms the foam a little) it gives you plenty of time to apply before it dissolves to a liquid..

Good luck, I hope im doing the right thing too haha.. But the foam is a pretty good hair thickener so I like it.

• 4 weeks later...