Hair Transplant Booked, Turkey

Hi

New to this forum, been losing hair for app 4 years and finally decided to do something about it..

After reading a few posts on here done with the clinic in Turkey i decided to send my photo's over and received a very quick reply from a Dr Maral. I spoke to him today and was very helpfull so i am quite optimistic about this final step. I and due to fly out on the 18th Sept and will post some pics after the HT

Cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are you travelling from? curious as to how many people make the trip over there

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Good luck man!

I did my HT with Dr. Maral too. Just follow their instructions and your best judgment and you'll be fine.

Although Dr. Maral said nothing about Minox, I resumed it approx 1 month after the procedure, after losing about 50% of the hair to shedding. It stopped the shedding almost completely. I now regret for not resuming it at 2 weeks mark, like everybody advises.

• 2 weeks later...

Flew back from Istanbul yesterday after spending 3 days for the HT. Sill can not believe i've done it and now it's just waiting for the final result in app 9 months time. Had 1st hair wash today after moisturising for 45 mins, next wash later today.

Will post up some pics ASAP

Good luck man!

I did my HT with Dr. Maral too. Just follow their instructions and your best judgment and you'll be fine.

Although Dr. Maral said nothing about Minox, I resumed it approx 1 month after the procedure, after losing about 50% of the hair to shedding. It stopped the shedding almost completely. I now regret for not resuming it at 2 weeks mark, like everybody advises.

Just curious as to how you are getting on after the HT, how long has it been and are you happy so far.

Just curious as to how you are getting on after the HT, how long has it been and are you happy so far.

All is as expected so far, and I am happy with the procedure, and the whole experience. I opened a topic on my progress a few days ago--click on my username--and I'll post some fresh images soon. (As it happens, my camera died the other day and I'm waiting the new one to arrive). It is better than I expected, to be true.

Most importantly--follow the doctor's advice!

I had trouble washing the moisturizer out, until I figured out that it needs just a tiny bit of water to spread it evenly (otherwise it sticks and it is impossible to wash it out without touching the scalp, and you don't want to do it until it heals). Do apply it on the donor area also when it starts itching. In my case, it was about the day 10-20 and it was pretty uncomfortable, but the moisturizer helped a lot.

I started Rogaine on 1 month mark, and now I think that I should have started a little earlier, to prevent the shock loss. My new hair started rapidly falling around the 18th day and as soon as I applied Rogaine it stopped. It does cause a very mild redness and itchiness, but nothing noticeable. It also works best when I apply it right after washing.

Most importantly--follow the doctor's advice!

I had trouble washing the moisturizer out, until I figured out that it needs just a tiny bit of water to spread it evenly (otherwise it sticks and it is impossible to wash it out without touching the scalp, and you don't want to do it until it heals). Do apply it on the donor area also when it starts itching. In my case, it was about the day 10-20 and it was pretty uncomfortable, but the moisturizer helped a lot.

I started Rogaine on 1 month mark, and now I think that I should have started a little earlier, to prevent the shock loss. My new hair started rapidly falling around the 18th day and as soon as I applied Rogaine it stopped. It does cause a very mild redness and itchiness, but nothing noticeable. It also works best when I apply it right after washing.

Ok great, i will give it 10 days to Minox use and good tip on the moisturiser as mine stuck as well.

abcd0000,

As it's almost 2 months since your HT, do you still have much redness on your recipient or donor areas? If so, how strong is it?

Thanks.

I'll post some photos soon. It is pale pink, sometimes more, sometimes less. I take off my hat when indoors and no one seems to be staring. It also depends on the lighting. I kind of expected that, since I am Caucasian with very pale skin (the images are after a whole summer of tanning, so you can get the idea).

A part of my top is also numb, but UK43 says it takes a few months to recover. The numbness is receding anyway, it is much better now than it was after the surgery.

I have noticed that however gentle i am with washing, i can see a few grafts coming out. Did you experience this at all, today is my 2nd day to wash. There is also like white residue after the scalp had dried.

I emailed Dr Maral about the minox and he says if i wish i could start this 10 days after hair washing but he does not feel that the shock loss can be stopped or reduced.

Are you accepting PM's ?

I had FUE one month ago, and I was also VERY gently with washing, particularly for the first 2-3 weeks. I noticed some hairs at maybe day 10-11, but only a few as I was barely making contact. Your situation sounds normal though.

If shockloss is to happen, then it is just a case of biting the bullet. Minox can be used to speed up the regrowth of the shocklossed grafts however, but it certainly wouldn't be used as a preventative.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I guess they said to that all the scabs must be removed after app 10 days as it's no good for the grafts. I can definitely feel the grafts when washing so i suppose i should go much lighter on the washing then? Just going to be extra carefull. Are you spraying anyhting on the grats after the scalp dries out from washing. I thought i read somewhere that the receipient site needs to be kept supple which speeds up healing

I have noticed that however gentle i am with washing, i can see a few grafts coming out. Did you experience this at all, today is my 2nd day to wash. There is also like white residue after the scalp had dried.

I emailed Dr Maral about the minox and he says if i wish i could start this 10 days after hair washing but he does not feel that the shock loss can be stopped or reduced.

Are you accepting PM's ?

Yes, a few hairs would come out each time during washing, together with scabs (not grafts, they were safely under the skin :) ) Dr. Maral told me it would happen.

As for white residue, I don't know what do you mean exactly--I had some moisturizer left that wouldn't wash out easily, but I used to leave it as it was and it would disappear in an hour or two. I also had a few bits of dry dead skin after washing, I thought it was normal when you leave the scalp to dry by itself, but double check with the Dr. if it looks excessive.

As for Minox effects, maybe it's just me. The big shedding came about day 18 and after, when I could count tens of hairs each time I'd go over my scalp. The day after I started applying Rogaine, it stopped literally completely (I counted 2-3 hairs falling per day). Maybe it is a coincidence, I really don't know. Either way, I thought it was important that the recipient area fully heals first, because it contains tons of chemicals I didn't want it to compromise the recovery.

Unfortunately, despite my repeated requests, my PMs are not working :(

Ok no problem abt the PM's. I think the white residue is the moisturiser again so i will keep an eye on that. He said the same leave it dry but i will try the minox after day 10 like he said. Hopefully i should have some better news in the weeks to come. Will post some pics up soon

Any pics yet? Looking forward to seeing his work.

I got all the scabs off and today is day 9 post ht, honestly if it stayed like this the way it looks now i'd be happy as i never had hair for 4 years. I will post some pics up ASAP. The full review will be in a years time when hopefully i will have what i am after, a full head of hair

• 1 month later...