results from transplant last year

macjay

image.php?u=187705&dateline=1378121578macjay user_online.gif

icon1.gifI think it is about time to share my story (from an Aussies perspective)

Well it should be titled 'New Zealanders perspective on overseas hair transplants'

I had been experiencing hair loss for about 10 years (22), annoyingly it was thinining (would have prefered receeding), overall it didnt bother me alot because my hair on the sides was almost thick enough to conceal it. By about 30 concealing my thinning spot on the top was beyond a joke whenever there was a bit of wind or even when I stood up my hair would part to reveal the hideous bald spot.

So last year after some research (had already planned a a thai trip with friends) which involved reading heaps of reviews about surgeons and the procedure itself I went in for a hair transplant.

Surgery day.

So I fasted prior to the surgery, the night before i was due to go out with mates and have a crazy as night but i stayed in and prepared for the following day. The next morning i took the train and heading into the centre of Bangkok when I arrived at the surgery i was Greeted by the nurses and assistants and made to feel very very welcome (almost over the top but all good). I had the neccessary tests/medical and then I was ready for the surgery....I dont know if this is a record but I had between 3500-3900 grafts in one session (dont know if i would reccomend it) the session itself went for around 10 hours and i was in the surgery for about 12 hours...after I got given a bandana (I am a hat wearer and brought a hat to wear...no good though forehead was already quite swollen). So after been given pain killers and other post med info I was sent back to the hotel...the next morning I made sure I wore my hat when i caught up mates (one i purchased at a market on way home prev night) they didnt really notice anything but i was taking the plane that day and what do you have to do when you fly take off your hat at the departure gate! I had blood on forehead and all sorts eh but i guess they see all sorts of people go through.

Back home.

So I arrived back home and actually thought i would be able to hide it from the missus (ho hum just a minor cosmetic thing) but noooooo. Head was already big, eyes starting to close and i had work the next day. Well two things I couldnt hide it from the missus and I was off work for 5 days and even when i went back to work I had quite a bit of bruising!

3 months

After three months i started seeing some growth but was a little disenchanted, i think there were more scabs than hair.

6 months

good growth in the front central section (where i had a tiny little tuft of hair previously) beside that was starting to fill out.

12 months.

Fairly good coverage still not as dense as the rest of hair, one area where slightly more thin than the other section has a few scabs/dry skin, what usually happen once these scaps go is regrowth, if this happens the coverage will be more than sufficient. The growth makes friends look twice and think hmm i am sure he had less hair than that previously, i now swim more (wet hair previously looked terrible). I can style my hair and even my brother didnt even notice and actually said he hopes his hair is similar to mine when he is my age.

So to summarise.

positives.

More hair.

More confidence

Negatives

big scar (dont think about shaving your head again- your either in or you aint)

Painful

Swollen head like a basketball

Difficult to sleep

Tough to hide

Quite costly

Now if anyone has any questions i feel it is my duty to answer at least some!

image.php?u=187705&dateline=1378121578macjay user_online.gif

icon1.gifI think it is about time to share my story (from an Aussies perspective)

Well it should be titled 'New Zealanders perspective on overseas hair transplants'

I had been experiencing hair loss for about 10 years (22), annoyingly it was thinining (would have prefered receeding), overall it didnt bother me alot because my hair on the sides was almost thick enough to conceal it. By about 30 concealing my thinning spot on the top was beyond a joke whenever there was a bit of wind or even when I stood up my hair would part to reveal the hideous bald spot.

So last year after some research (had already planned a a thai trip with friends) which involved reading heaps of reviews about surgeons and the procedure itself I went in for a hair transplant.

Surgery day.

So I fasted prior to the surgery, the night before i was due to go out with mates and have a crazy as night but i stayed in and prepared for the following day. The next morning i took the train and heading into the centre of Bangkok when I arrived at the surgery i was Greeted by the nurses and assistants and made to feel very very welcome (almost over the top but all good). I had the neccessary tests/medical and then I was ready for the surgery....I dont know if this is a record but I had between 3500-3900 grafts in one session (dont know if i would reccomend it) the session itself went for around 10 hours and i was in the surgery for about 12 hours...after I got given a bandana (I am a hat wearer and brought a hat to wear...no good though forehead was already quite swollen). So after been given pain killers and other post med info I was sent back to the hotel...the next morning I made sure I wore my hat when i caught up mates (one i purchased at a market on way home prev night) they didnt really notice anything but i was taking the plane that day and what do you have to do when you fly take off your hat at the departure gate! I had blood on forehead and all sorts eh but i guess they see all sorts of people go through.

Back home.

So I arrived back home and actually thought i would be able to hide it from the missus (ho hum just a minor cosmetic thing) but noooooo. Head was already big, eyes starting to close and i had work the next day. Well two things I couldnt hide it from the missus and I was off work for 5 days and even when i went back to work I had quite a bit of bruising!

3 months

After three months i started seeing some growth but was a little disenchanted, i think there were more scabs than hair.

6 months

good growth in the front central section (where i had a tiny little tuft of hair previously) beside that was starting to fill out.

12 months.

Fairly good coverage still not as dense as the rest of hair, one area where slightly more thin than the other section has a few scabs/dry skin, what usually happen once these scaps go is regrowth, if this happens the coverage will be more than sufficient. The growth makes friends look twice and think hmm i am sure he had less hair than that previously, i now swim more (wet hair previously looked terrible). I can style my hair and even my brother didnt even notice and actually said he hopes his hair is similar to mine when he is my age.

So to summarise.

positives.

More hair.

More confidence

Negatives

Painful

Difficult to sleep

Tough to hide

Quite costly

Surgery day.

Back home.

3 months

6 months

12 months.

So to summarise.

positives.

More hair.

More confidence

Negatives

Painful

Difficult to sleep

Tough to hide

Quite costly

hair1.jpg.7d9ff2df77de3ba96ca55da1747717a5.jpg

IMAG2011.jpg.a3cd777f26b371f540a26456ccba5925.jpg

IMAG2012.jpg.6e66449a8adedc82f7eaef06bd99a5f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. nice write up, you will probably need to provide some better pics for others to comment. There was no way you would be able to hide 3500-3900 grafts in the time you allowed.

You may find some further maturing in the next few months...