Losing hair at 21..feel depressed

I don't want to sound like I'm nagging; I know I'm not the first to go through this. Just looking for some advice.

I'm 21 years old, male, and over the last 5 months, have noticed my hair thinning and such. It looks like I'm losing hair, but the weird thing is, I don't really see my hair fall out at all...for example, if I claw at it, no hair really comes out. Or I check my pillow in the morning..no hair on it.

I've linked to some photos I took below; I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone.

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4

photo 5

photo 6

photo 7

photo 8

You're not done yet mate. Go see a dermatologist or better still, one of the Doctors recommended here:

Hair Transplant Clinics in California

You don't need a transplant but they will try to find why you're losing hair, e.g. stress related or Male Pattern Baldness etc.

Propecia can halt MPB in 90% of men and sometimes regrow miniaturised hair and I'm sure the docs will tell you about that when you meet them.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Matt, go on propecia and take pictures reguarly to see the difference. I started losing hair at 13 and when I started taking propecia when I was 18 it stopped completely, i'm 30 now. Your hair loss is minimal to non-existant atm, so if you go on meds now you hopefully will not lose any more. the other option is regain/minoxidol.

Oh god, if only I had that much hair. Plus, your hair characteristics add so much density. I'm jealous. Go see a doctor if you're feeling concerned.. Matt is right

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily