FUT donor and Fue donor

I see the numbers 8000-10000 thrown around for total donor supply but I really think this is an overshot.

My guess is that the average donor for FUT is around 6-7000 is what I seem to see people maxing out at. For FUE, I seem to see high donor yields too, around 6-7000. I am not sure whether or not these are the averages, but I tend to see these in high NW patients..

What I've been curious about is whether or not donor supply can be increased if, and by how much, if you first deplete your strip supply, and then proceed to FUE surgeries...

I hope a more knowledgeable member, or perhaps a doctor can chime in.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I think the problem with focusing on average is that the standard deviation is so high due to such large variables. You could have slightly low density but exceptional laxity and high sides. Or, you could have high density low sides and a tight scalp. Or excellent everything or poor everything. On average I would guess 6k but I don't know about those that do both strip and fue. One of the problems with teaching to far is getting a wide scar with strip or pulling from an unsafe zone in fue.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What I've been curious about is whether or not donor supply can be increased if, and by how much, if you first deplete your strip supply, and then proceed to FUE surgeries...

Nick143252, I was thinking about that but the potential problem (in my mind) is that if you thin out the donor with FUE multiple FUT procedures there might be a better chance of the scar showing. I think you would need that surrounding hair to act as cover. Just a thought...

I think the problem with focusing on average is that the standard deviation is so high due to such large variables. You could have slightly low density but exceptional laxity and high sides. Or, you could have high density low sides and a tight scalp. Or excellent everything or poor everything. On average I would guess 6k but I don't know about those that do both strip and fue.
Thanks Spanker that makes sense.

Yeah, but having FUT and then FUE is a common occurrence. I don't think I've heard of many people having issues with their scar showing if the FUE surgeon is doing the right thing.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Yeah, but having FUT and then FUE is a common occurrence. I don't think I've heard of many people having issues with their scar showing if the FUE surgeon is doing the right thing.
Yea. Maybe your right. I was just thinking in theory that could be an issue but I guess the doctor would be able to asses that and let a person know how many grafts he could safely go before the scar would show. You're right.

But what about the other way? FUE before FUT. Can that lead to problems?