immediately after fue

Just a quick question .immediately after a procedure i.e fue is that what you can expect finished result to look like after going through ugly duckling phase or does it improve and thicken and more hair come through

I disagree with the 70% yield comment. While this may have been true in the early days of FUE, modern FUE produces yields comparable to FUSS. In the right hands, FUE yield is excellent.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

if you have 100 percent yield, then it will look like that, jus longer , but fue usually yields around 70%

It is incorrect to make a dogmatic statement like that. Obviously alot of it depends on the surgeon. Surgeons who predominantly practice FUE like Erdogan, Lorenzo, bisanga, Hakan get yields close to that of the best strip doctors while others who have not mastered the skill will not. Of course all Doctors have cases where the outcome is not a success, but in general terms with an excellent surgeon the yield rate is much higher than 70%.

Edited by Mickey85

I am seeing what I believe to be closer to 90% yield on many cases using the ARTAS robotic assisted FUE devise.

From the limited cases I have seen via ARTAS, I have not been convinced about the 90% yield statement. I still believe manual is the best method.