Help Hair Whey Protein

sillymusic

Since I currently use protein supplements I was interested in seeing this product at the mywhtc clinic, as it also includes many pro hair vitamins such as zinc and B complex. It would be convenient to 'kill two birds with one stone' so to speak.

Can’t seem to find a UK stockist for it, has anyone any thoughts or experience with it?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response, I hear what you saying. Yeah it is a gamble on taste at 50 pounds including shipping to the UK from the US. Personally the taste isn't my main motivation, I have other whey shakes that I use and enjoy. I've listed the macros and vitimens taken from their website.

This product was recommended by Dr Mwamba during my consult, and for this reason alone its at least worth a review IMO. Seems like a convenient alternative to not be concerned with buying seperate pills, running out etc. Especially on top of my current regime of using fin, minox and niz also.

All factors are pointing to December for my second HT, and thinking of starting a daily consumption of this a month before, and throughout the recovery. Will be adding MSM to the list aswell!

There is, of cause some lofty claims on their website. I'll update with any feedback on hair health etc

Amount per serving (1 scoop) Percent daily values*

Calories 150 *

Calories from Fat 8 *

Total Fat 1g 2%

Cholesterol 4mg 2%

Total Carbohydrates 10g 6%

Protein 8g 15%

Niacin (as nicinamide) 40mg 200%

Folate (as folic acid) 400mcg 100%

Vitamin B12 (as cyancobalamin) 6mcg 1000%

Biotin 2.5mg 416%

Pantothenic acid 9mg 90%

Iodine (as potassiumicide) 100mcg 68%

Zinc (as zinc oxide) 20mg 134%

Manganese (as manganesecitrate) 2mg 100%

Chlorophyll (none in vanilla flavor) **

PABA 30mg **

Calcium 56%

Potassium 6%

Phosphorus 48%

Sodium 4%

Magnesium 8%

Chloride 2%

Proprietary Blend 256mg **

Proprietary Blend 256mg **

L-Methionine, L-Cysteine, Fo-ti Root (Ho Shou Wu), Kudzo Root, Pumpkin Seed, Honeysuckle Flower, Chrysanthemum Flower, Silica, L-Cystine, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Valine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Tyrosine, and L-Histidine

Cheers

Hi there,

I have been using the Help Hair whey protein for nearly 6 months. In my experience I seem to be losing /shedding less hair now since I started taking the shake and my hair generally feels better.

Plus it also tastes pretty good when compared to other protein drinks I've used in the past.

Hope this helps and good luck..

Hi there,

I have been using the Help Hair whey protein for nearly 6 months. In my experience I seem to be losing /shedding less hair now since I started taking the shake and my hair generally feels better.

Plus it also tastes pretty good when compared to other protein drinks I've used in the past.

Hope this helps and good luck..

Thanks shorinryu, pleased its working out for you. Do you get it shipped from their website based in the US or do you source it elsewhere?

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whey protein is not my first choice for hair growth. If you are severely protein deficient whey can help, but its highly insulinemic and causes a big spike in circulating IGF-1 which can increase 5a-reductase levels in the scalp and promote DHT related hair loss.

Fresh animal proteins (e.g., grass fed beef, organ meats, mussels, etc) are going to be a superior source of protein with much less effect on IGF-1.