Bona fide of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

Hi,

I am doing a lot of research regarding a FUE transplant. I have read/heard on numerous occasions that transplant surgeons accredited by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery are the best in the world.

Hence, I was relieved when one surgeon, Dr Sam Van Eeden, who I was considering to carry out my transplant, featured on this list. However, from carrying out further online research I came across some controversial articles relating to this surgeon. Although the articles are not about his hair transplant work, they nevertheless raise questions about his professionalism.

However, I am curious about Dr. Van Eedeen's hair transplant work - surely it must be world class if he is on the ISHRS list?

Are the other doctors on this list all bona fide, or have there been other controversies?

Any feedback is welcome - thanks!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed.

The ISHRS as far as I am concerned is not assurance on the quality of the Dr.

This forum is an excellent source of information to educate yourself with and find a top notch surgeon.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Like chrisdav eluded to there are some questionable members of the ISHRS. Many of the doctors on here are members of the ISHRS, but some of the members of the ISHRS would never be excepted onto this site because they are not good enough. I have never heard of the doctor you are referring to, which is not a good sign. For me personally I believe this sites' recommended and coalition doctors are the best of the best. There are a few doctors around the world who are not members here but are still world class, but you will still find everyone here knows about these doctors and would not discourage someone from going to them, unfourtunately Dr. Van Eedeen is not one of them.