The journey of my 4703 FUT HT with Dr. Bisanga August 2013

Baldietwo

Has it been 6 months already? I can't believe it!!

Growth is kicking in big time and the difference is huge. I'm getting loads of nice comments from friends and work colleagues.

I look VERY different from 6 months ago.

There's still a long way to go and I can see a lot of the hair is still quite fine. There's a LOT of thickening still to do.

I'll get some more pictures up on my blog at the weekend using my SLR camera for better quality, but I wanted to share the pics on my 6 months anniversary :)

The scar is healing nicely. Still slightly pink but it's impossible to see unless you know it's there. The hair on the sides is a grade 6 or thereabouts. When the pinkness is gone I can probably get that down a grade or two.

I have not cut the hair on top yet so it's quite messy, but I like it! I might continue to cut my own hair until I get the second procedure done later this year. I'm looking to fill in the crown and to complete my transformation.

This was a VERY good decision and I'm a happy man so far.

5b32dd575918f_6monthsupdate.jpg.626d8c4c9ecc9ee1d0b91d01a7e88a04.jpg

Wow BT you've turned some corner mate. The difference like you say is huge from pre-op. As you know I'm at the same point as you and feel very similar......couldn't be happier with the decision so far. Also can't believe how quickly the time has flown....half a year!

6 months is regarded, generally, as 50-60% so it's great to know there's still quite a bit to come in! Looking forward to your high res pics.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thanks guys. Didn't get time to do any photos this weekend but will get to it soon enough :)

JD, we had the op the same time and knowing that it's only 50-60% at the moment is such a great feeling. More to come!

Matehmatica, I'm still bald in the crown and the midscalp is very thin, so the name is still slightly appropriate :)

I have now booked my 2nd procedure for the 2nd half of this year. I'll be having 2k FUE to fill in the crown and the midscalp. That will be my final procedure but there is still some donor hair left i think should i need it.

This won't give me full coverage but it will be a great improvement and remember, I was a NW6. I'm not getting back my hair from when I was 18 but I'm framing my face and won't have a shiny cueball which was always my goal.

The first op covered approx 100cm2. My 2nd procedure aims to cover the rest which approx 90cm2 or so. I'll be concentrating on the midscalp with a thinner coverage in the crown. My hair is coarse and I have a lot of 3s and 4s graft. 2k FUE will allow Bisanga to cherry pick the best multigrafts for maximum coverage.

Looking forward to it already...but not until after the summer. No way am I having my summer ruined by having to cover it up with a hat :)

• 1 month later...

Finally, here's some high res pictures. I've been promising to upload for 2 months but never got around to it :)

They are all on my blog: Hair Restoration Journal for BaldieTwo - 8 Months Post Op

​It's been 8 months now! And I'm a happy camper. I've got my 2nd transplant booked for later this year to fill in the midscalp and crown.

In my blog (link above) I've posted a few high res photos.

Hair is a grade 4 on the sides and 8 or so on the top. I did it myself so it's a bit of a bodge job. I've told myself (to my wife's dispair) that I won't go to a hair dresser until I've had my 2nd procedure.

Scar has faded almost completely. Just some minor pink left. I'm also pleased with the scar itself. It's slightly wider on the right side on the back of my head, but nothing to be worried about. The rest looks to be fairly thin. It's a grade 4 on the pics and you can make out the scar if you know what to look for. After 12 months I might get away with a grade 3 cut!

If I was to amend anything I might not have put anything in the back of the crown. I did ask for a small scattering but i think I wouldn't have asked for that if I had a 2nd chance. Not that it matters because I'm having a 2nd procedure to fill in the rest. That little island is filling in, but it's taking a LOT of time. It's not at it's full length and width yet which makes it look a bit silly.

Having said that, with a bit of toppik I can close the cap easily. And in a month or 2 there won't be a gap. I KNOW it's proably not the best look. But considerig I was completly Bald (NW5/6) this time last year, it's such an improvement.

I'm getting really nice comments from all friends and colleagues who constantly ask me when I'm going in for the 2nd procedure and how they envy my braveness (i had a lot of stick to begin with).

8 Months now, and there should still be some more growth to come. The picture are taken in the bathroom so the light is quite harsh, particularly on the photos of the top.​

I think it looks really good Baldietwo - you have come a long way.

Did Dr B tell you how many grafts you had left after your last surgery?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nice one. Just remember the scalp exercises this time around!

EDIT: Missed that you are having FUE this time.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think it looks really good Baldietwo - you have come a long way.

Did Dr B tell you how many grafts you had left after your last surgery?

Thanks Chris.

Yes, 3200 fut and 2000 fue.

My next (and last) procedure will be 2k fue. My hair is coarse and i have lots of 3s and 4s and that will count in my favour. Density will be approx half of that of this first procedure.

One could argue that I should do another FUT, but I'm happy with the scar so far and believe it or not, i quite like to thin out my sides a bit, the top sides is so damn dense :)

Edited by Baldietwo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I swear I updated this post last week but it's not here... So here we go again.

Can't believe it's been 10 months! It seems like yesterday, yet I look somewhat different!

In a few months time I'll be heading for the chair once again to cover the rest of my midscalp and crown. Can't wait!

My scar is very thin on the left side, but the right side is slightly wider. By wider I mean a maybe 3-4mm and it's only a small stretch of about 10cm or so that's widened. It's completly hidden with my grade 5 cut so it's not really noticeable unless you know what you're looking for.

BHR has offered to fill in the scar with some grafts when I go back for my 2nd procedure which means I should be able to cut my hair a grade or 2 shorter if I want to.

The pinkness has pretty much all gone now which is great.

Here are some updated pictures with the "original" in the corner. I'm a happy patient!

Front1_1.jpg

HairLine2.jpg

Top1.jpg

Edited by Baldietwo

Looks great! Congrats to you and good luck on your next procedure, looking forward to following your progress again.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Considering where you started, you look to have had a wonderful result.

Congrats

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

I don't come to this board as often as I want but I've promised myself that I will keep updating the post so that others who are considering a HT can view progress and see what it's like. After all, it was because of all the stories on here that I ended up having a HT in the first place and reading other peoples stories was (and still is) an important factor in my decisions for who to choose as my surgeon.

It's been 1 year now and this will be the last photoupdate on this post...why? Because in a few weeks time I'm going back to Brussles for Phase 2! I'm having 2k FUE to cover the midscalp and crown. Yes, I know it won't be dense coverage but that was never my goal. As a NW5-6 I'll be happy with the medium coverage that I know 2k will provide. And...the 4.7k FUT from last year has made it look like I have no hairloss at all from the front and that was my primary goal.

I still wish I hadn't gone for the sprinkling in the back.That little island needs to grow quite long to have any effect. Having said that, it does have SOME effect now that it's mature and grown out, but when I have my FUE in a few weeks time that will look out of place for a number of months. If I hadn't had that island placed then it would make the next post op look much better.

Nothing much I can do about that now so I need to let that go. In a years time it will all be seamless!

Here are the pics. When I've had the next op I'll likely start a new thread since it's an entirely new procedure.

Pre Op pictures from

Day%201%20Pre-Op.jpg

1 Year Post Op

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9469.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks KO. For the high NWs such as myself FUE only is not an option (unless you are very lucky with high graft density and narrow head).

FUT+FUE was the only way for me to have a chance of getting a full head of hair.

I've done my 2nd op now. New post with pics are here; 2084 FUE Bisanga September 2014 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Thanks KO. For the high NWs such as myself FUE only is not an option (unless you are very lucky with high graft density and narrow head).

FUT+FUE was the only way for me to have a chance of getting a full head of hair.

I've done my 2nd op now. New post with pics are here; 2084 FUE Bisanga September 2014 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

• 6 months later...

I think we all appreciate the work that has gone into producing your account of your procedure. I am very interested in having a similar procedure with Dr Bisanga. He seems to take great pains in his work. Someone on the Network used the word "Conservative" and the phrase "careful planning" to describe his work. From what I've seen on this site pretty solid work results.

Great results and good planning from Dr Bisanga. Thanks for sticking around to share with us all.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 years later...