Raymond Konior, MD - 4,320 FUT Grafts - August 2013

1978matt

So today is my one month anniversary.

Pretty much all the shedding has happened and I think this is the baldest I will get. Just in time for my return to work!

Some hairs just kept growing and I can see a lot more begining to appear - don't get me wrong I know it will still take at least another couple of months to see a decent change but the signs are positive.

I've just buzzed down further than in the photos as I made a mistake with the trimmer setting and had no choice:eek:. Luckily the scar can still be covered with DerMatch (you have to blend it in a bit either side).

I thought I'd point out a couple of products I've found to be pretty good for preventing pimples and at the same time gentle on the skin. The foaming wash contains Salicylic Acid which is good stuff from what I've read.

0.JPG.ae0e9e1f4d40b89d64b70a088a8f4fa4.JPG

1.jpg.adefadcc2928c08ea7d3a00431efdeee.jpg

2.JPG.3e4f55a8de9beb796daf884160aa4ed4.JPG

3.JPG.9031482ad7992298030ee618dc41e8b7.JPG

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Wow. That went by fast!! I can't believe it's already been a month!! I can see the little darling starting to pop through :) Isn't it exciting?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Wow. That went by fast!! I can't believe it's already been a month!! I can see the little darling starting to pop through :) Isn't it exciting?

It didn't go fast for me! Yeah, some kept growing, some shed and started growing straight away and more and more have started to appear.

At first I thought it might be native hair but some I identified a couple of weeks ago was in previously bald areas!

Well. Try to keep your mind preoccupied. That's what helped me get through the first few months. You're going to have great results! Dr. Konior is a a wizzard.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

It didn't go fast for me! Yeah, some kept growing, some shed and started growing straight away and more and more have started to appear.

At first I thought it might be native hair but some I identified a couple of weeks ago was in previously bald areas!

I stated something very similar to this in my thread. People said time flew by for them, if felt like a lifetime for me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It was the longest yr off my life, I never got how so many people said it flew by. Matt it will be worth it in the long run, I reckon you will be another show case for dr koniers fantastic work.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Matt,

wow, this is going to be an incredible result. Your skin looks very healthy and ready promote proper growth. Based on your new photos where most of the grafts have fallen out, would you say those are an accurate photo of your baldness preop? is there some shockloss their?

Happy growing....

Matt,

wow, this is going to be an incredible result. Your skin looks very healthy and ready promote proper growth. Based on your new photos where most of the grafts have fallen out, would you say those are an accurate photo of your baldness preop? is there some shockloss their?

Happy growing....

Thanks mate. The doc said he wasnt going to save the hairs in my front half as they were miminiaturising and not worth implanting around. So all those frontal hairs are probably new except for a few that may have survived.

I'm back at work now and no one seems to have noticed anything. I'm using a bit of Nanogen in the crown-mid area.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Matt,

Congratulations in your HT. Your photos look great. The work looks impeccable and your hairline is going to be awesome. It wasnt until later on in the thread thatI managed to see your pre op photos before being shaven down. You were in a great position to begin with and those 4k+ grafts are going to make an incredible difference. Im so happy for you knowin what you have in store and how it is going to make you feel.

Dr Konior is undoubtedly one of the best. I would even say that his imm post op pics in general look the cleanest and most impressive that I see. Also, similar to Dr Rahal, a lot of his patients really seem to achieve early growth, which is great news for you, as it was for me.

You mentioned on a thread of my results that we were in similar places with similar hair calibre, yours probably being stronger. I would say that you were in a much better place than myself. A better calibre of hair, stronger, thicker and with less overall loss. You have 400ish+ more grafts than me and are 5 years older, so I feel saddened to say that your trump me :-)

I remember how the first few months felt, especially month 2. It well and truly sucked. But gettingt through that and your original hair begins to return, the reddedning softens and begins to fade and you are that much closer to experiencing growth. You are in for some great times ahead.

Wishing you the best of luck healing in growing and looking forward to seeing how you progress!

All the best!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks mate. The doc said he wasnt going to save the hairs in my front half as they were miminiaturising and not worth implanting around. So all those frontal hairs are probably new except for a few that may have survived.

I'm back at work now and no one seems to have noticed anything. I'm using a bit of Nanogen in the crown-mid area.

how are things going? any updates?

Have you been wearing a hat to work? or just walking around with the buzz cut?

Well it’s 2 months tomorrow and, as most people say, this the lowest point in the process. It has not been too bad overall.

Growth

I’m only 8.5 weeks out so I can’t really expect to see much but there are some new hairs starting to break out (the fineness of them isn’t really picked up in the photos but I can see them in the mirror. I’d still be amazed if there’s a noticeable change by the end of month 3. Month 4 may be more realistic.

Scar

No complaints. It’s just a bit pink and I can dispense with the DermMatch if I don’t take the length too low.

Numbness

None on the right side and only a small amount on the top left. It’s comparable to having a bruise. However, it is only noticeable when shampooing. The recipient area lacks sensation but is otherwise fine.

No one at work seems to suspect anything as I have a comparable amount of hair compared to before, just a lot shorter. When you have been through all this to get to this stage it is easy to laugh off any comments. Some have been complimentary. A beard is a good distraction tactic.

jinglealltheway - no hats at work. Occasionally wear a baseball cap on weekends.

(hair a bit damp in photos)

1.jpg.312256ac05ee32578c312f7a24740f1d.jpg

2.jpg.2178239fbe7cb04f3f30c3b5503bf0e1.jpg

3.jpg.c104a45a16682ef8e56d50916b85a692.jpg

4.jpg.6916ade5e9805ad5fa324b70af6b4890.jpg

5.jpg.4603e6a84653bde8d63229bd1ec51a9d.jpg

Edited by 1978matt

• 4 weeks later...

Quite pleased with the progress so far. It's starting to come in! Looking forward to the next few months.

The photos don't really do it justice but under really good lighting I can see more hair starting to come through.

Numbness has more or less gone. Some pimples have appeared occasionally on the donor line (hairs coming through). My pictures of the donor weren't that clear so I'll retake them once I've had a haircut next week.

1.JPG.43423725cf01ee32378d5c3c8cdd3d7d.JPG

2.JPG.8480f8e51cfc76fea653bedda2b19218.JPG

3.jpg.85eb17a7ce6889af52e400b356d39297.jpg

4.jpg.6071dbfb25eba5070aa1221029e6477f.jpg

5.jpg.a2a8eeb25ecac58c28a71db6aafec158.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt,

I'm looking at your 3 months pics and its looking really good! Happy that you're finally over the wait and can see those little hair starting to grow.

As you know. I had FUT roughly the same time as you back in August. And pretty much same amount of grafts in the same area (frontal third). You have more hair in the crown than me but it looks like you'll catch me up in a few years :D

How's your scar looking?

Happy growing!

Cheers Baldietwo,

Here's a photo of the scar which is now starting to lose its pinkness. There's still a bit to go in terms of shock loss recovery and hairs to grow through it.

Took one also of the top to try to illustrate how it looks in normal daylight.

scar.JPG.e8768918a4d509ace621e07ab2b37283.JPG

top.JPG.c7d16762f77a761ccd6c1843501b3a04.JPG

That's some sweet early growth, you are on your way to a home run as its still early at 3 months or so post op.

Early growth is indicative of good healing and a skilled surgeon.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Wow, your hair looks just like mine did at 3 months: Terrible, haha! But that's fine and normal; in fact, yours does actually look a bit thicker and better than mine did at this stage though, meaning hsrp10 is probably right - the next 2-3 months are going to yield some incredible growth and totally transform your appearance! Keep us updated man, this is going to be a thing of beauty!

Looking good Matt. Right on track at 3 months. I just looked at my three month pics and it looked pretty much same as yours. Also when I met Konior last month he said that you know more about hair than anyone else. You are a hair nerd! :)

Thanks for the comments.

I took these with flattering light.

1.jpg.279a9ed3064640472b001d6cb11c5da4.jpg

2.jpg.da6d8c4260ce367bc98740d5614d2350.jpg

3.jpg.688122d2ede99f327c59df457266a049.jpg

You can see the frame of your face starting to come in.

Early days yet but I am sure you will be more than satisfied with Dr K's work in the end.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.