My FUE 2,200 + PRP, Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic

looking very good man

are you still off of propecia and using nettle root only (DHT blocker)? that come with any sides or shedding?

Thanks hsrp. Ya I'm still on the regimen that's in my signature below......haven't really noticed any sides or shedding to be honest!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Month Update

So I finally go about updating my thread and Saturday, and the server ends up taking a hit and it vanishes into thin air! :)

Sorry again for the delay.....but here's a few pics just after a wash/dry and with it just all pointing upwards, and a few with some gel in it which would be more like what it looks like on a daily basis.

There is no comparison in my confidence from now to 12 months ago. Absolutely the best decision I've made to date I reckon as I now feel back to myself with no more worrying about weather conditions / lighting etc.

Wow - stunning result.

Damn. I might seriously consider Bisanga for my repair.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'd highly recommend BHR FC......and they have a particularly good track record for repair cases too.

Hard to believe i'm a little over a week away from my 12 month mark. Continues to get better too......i'll be updating with pics when I hit it.

I've just returned from Ibiza and for the first time in 6-7 years......I spent my entire time NOT thinking about how my hair looked at all. I've always used sun holidays as a barometer of where I was at.......and from mid twenties on it you could see the slight drop in quality of my hair from pics. It's hard to put into words how much of a relief it is to not care about how your hair looks in the water/wind etc anymore!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Thanks guys. Yeah I'd highly recommend BHR FC......and they have a particularly good track record for repair cases too.

Hard to believe i'm a little over a week away from my 12 month mark. Continues to get better too......i'll be updating with pics when I hit it.

I've just returned from Ibiza and for the first time in 6-7 years......I spent my entire time NOT thinking about how my hair looked at all. I've always used sun holidays as a barometer of where I was at.......and from mid twenties on it you could see the slight drop in quality of my hair from pics. It's hard to put into words how much of a relief it is to not care about how your hair looks in the water/wind etc anymore!

Current Regimen:

The cost of FUE with a decent doctor like Bisanga, 6000 pounds plus.

This:

It's hard to put into words how much of a relief it is to not care about how your hair looks in the water/wind etc anymore!

Priceless. :D

• 3 months later...

Hi Johnny, I see it has been a couple months since you have posted to the thread but I came across it the other day and noticed we have a similar loss pattern (see below) and age (32) so I had some questions. I had my FUE surgery (2100 graphs) ~6 weeks ago at this point with Dr. Paul Shapiro based on his results and excellent reputation. Similar to you my hairline wasn't rebuilt and my crown wasn't touched. The whole experience was great, Dr. Paul spent a lot of time explaining everything to me and building a plan to make sure I was covered in the event of future loss. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, minimal if any pain, and the donor/recipient areas were visibly healed in less than two weeks. My issue is patience... I can't stop looking in the mirror waiting for hair to grow hahaha. I also never shaved my head before so I remain paranoid if the top of my head is normal for 6 weeks or if I had any shock loss. The sides are very thick and the top is very thin, it looks silly, I definitely understand the "ugly duckling" phase now. I have spent countless hours Googling images to see other's results/progress but most people have a typical MPB non-diffused pattern so it is difficult to compare. Then I came across this post and our progress pictures look VERY similar so I am really excited now that my final results will look like yours. Looks like I have another solid 3 months before I notice any cosmetic difference :( The only difference is I am not taking any meds (freaked out about Pro/Fin side effects and had an allergic reaction to Min foam and liquid) so the only thing I have been doing is LLLT for 30 mins every other day. Were you taking Fin before the surgery and currently? I saw some of your posts said you were but didn't see anything in your signature about it. Anyway man congrats on the great results.

Edited by 2014wash

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Johnny,

I only registered on here to message you after seeing this thread. How is your hair right now after those 2200 grafts? Im seriously contemplating fue with the same doctor. Not sure if I will need FUT now though. Hairline pretty weak. In need of some advice from you if you dont mind?

Wow, I just got an email notification tonight about a posting on here and I've only just realised how long it's been since I've updated! I've just gone over the 18 month mark. I will DEFINITELY post pics this weekend. Steve to be fair had asked and I said I would a month or so ago but again I never got round to it.

Hi Johnny,

I only registered on here to message you after seeing this thread. How is your hair right now after those 2200 grafts? Im seriously contemplating fue with the same doctor. Not sure if I will need FUT now though. Hairline pretty weak. In need of some advice from you if you dont mind?

I'm in a great place mate. To give you an example......i'm at the age of 32, and I have a girlfriend who has told me out of the blue on several occasions that I have great hair. :) I don't actually recall ever being told that in my teens or twenties. I've had many other people complement over the past 6-9 months as well.

If you have any questions just ask away though......happy to help if I can.

Current Regimen:

Hey Johnny,

I sent you on a private message.

As a matter of interest why didn't you consider surgeons in Ireland for the transplant?

If you needed another FUE in the near future and Dr. Bisanga was no longer around who else would you consider?

I think FUE is my only option as I like to keep my sides and back cut short. :( Still in the early stage of research here before jumping in head first and picking a surgeon offering an all in one solution in Turkey for 2keuros ;'D

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hi Johnny just read this entire thread was amazing,

I'm booked in with dr koray erdogan in October for 3000 grafts, although it's not the surgeon I'm going with I still enjoy reading any fue story's/journeys on here that are well documented like yours.

Hopefully I have great results like yourself and would love early growth as my birthday is around 5.5 months after getting it done haha

You never got round to posting the pics at 18 months I don't think? Would be great to hear from you but if not I hope you're out there enjoying your life now you have an amazing head of hair, all the best my friend

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying life is right mate. Wow.....In my own head I thought it may have been only a couple of months since I've last posted.......well I'm now over a month past the 2 year mark!

I'll get pics on soon guys. Life has been pretty busy to say the least.It really is amazing to think of the amount of time I used to spend pre HT worrying about how my head looked and used to time the weather in terms of time spent outdoors. Now it's a case of realising that there is so much more to worry about once you've addressed your hair issues! :)

Things are looking great. You know things must have worked out ok when you have mates who are usually pretting cutting when it comes to remarks to each other about physical appearance, joke about your perfect hair. And have your girlfriend (who is currently unaware I have ever had any work done) comment about how lucky I am at 32 to have such hair, and that her 26 year old brothers ask her what products I use as they are worried about their loss!

Current Regimen:

• 4 months later...

New member, just read through your thread.

Wondering how things are going 2+ years post-HT, especially since you are off of fin.

I'm in the early stages of research about HT and one of my concerns is how things go once you get further than a year out from surgery. People seem to vanish after the 12 month update to their threads (if they post updates even long), although obviously I get that many are just out enjoying their results and have moved on from these forums.

Thanks!

Im just past the 13 month mark I will create an album at the 15 month mark you can have a look at my progress I put a pic up just check my thread 'Can use a comb again' I also have an album of my 7.5 mark

my hair is still thickening up post 12 month mark I personally feel guys expect the finished result too early keeping in mind the hair doesn't start growing until the 3-4 month mark, how they expect to have the full result even by 8-9 months is beyond me, OK a few lucky guys do have early growth but I feel the clinics just say 12 months not to put patients off ,18 months is more the reality in my opinion.

New member, just read through your thread.

Wondering how things are going 2+ years post-HT, especially since you are off of fin.

I'm in the early stages of research about HT and one of my concerns is how things go once you get further than a year out from surgery. People seem to vanish after the 12 month update to their threads (if they post updates even long), although obviously I get that many are just out enjoying their results and have moved on from these forums.

Thanks!

Hey, hope the thread was of use!

Yeah, sorry, I've been shocking for updates from 15+ months on. I'm at the 2.5 year mark in a week so I will definitely get some up this time.

Everything is going great. It's funny that you should ask for an update tonight. I've just come home from the gym and had a text from my girlfriend with the following message (this is not a joke :))

"Hey, Mike (her brother, 26) wants to know what your hair regimen is. No joke......he thinks your hair is class. I apologise for this but he nags me a lot :) Like what shampoo etc"

Had to laugh when I read it, and that actually prompted me to log onto the site a few hours ago to check in on things.

I'm also 2 weeks away from making my first job switch in a decade! I'm joining one of the big IT companies in a software sales role. I can safely say I would not have built up the confidence in myself to have progressed in my career the way I have over the past 2 years. It genuinely has made an incredibly significant role in so many important aspects of life.

Pics to follow in a few days!

Current Regimen:

Wow, sounds like things are really going well. Glad to hear it.

Yup, your thread has been very useful. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I am very interested in seeing your 2.5 year pics!

Did you end up staying off of fin? Have you stuck with minox?

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to your next post.

Im just past the 13 month mark I will create an album at the 15 month mark you can have a look at my progress I put a pic up just check my thread 'Can use a comb again' I also have an album of my 7.5 mark

my hair is still thickening up post 12 month mark I personally feel guys expect the finished result too early keeping in mind the hair doesn't start growing until the 3-4 month mark, how they expect to have the full result even by 8-9 months is beyond me, OK a few lucky guys do have early growth but I feel the clinics just say 12 months not to put patients off ,18 months is more the reality in my opinion.

Thanks, Mick. I'll definitely check out your 15 month pics. It looks like things have improved quite a bit for you to this point.

Cheers

Hey, hope the thread was of use!

Yeah, sorry, I've been shocking for updates from 15+ months on. I'm at the 2.5 year mark in a week so I will definitely get some up this time.

Everything is going great. It's funny that you should ask for an update tonight. I've just come home from the gym and had a text from my girlfriend with the following message (this is not a joke :))

"Hey, Mike (her brother, 26) wants to know what your hair regimen is. No joke......he thinks your hair is class. I apologise for this but he nags me a lot :) Like what shampoo etc"

Had to laugh when I read it, and that actually prompted me to log onto the site a few hours ago to check in on things.

I'm also 2 weeks away from making my first job switch in a decade! I'm joining one of the big IT companies in a software sales role. I can safely say I would not have built up the confidence in myself to have progressed in my career the way I have over the past 2 years. It genuinely has made an incredibly significant role in so many important aspects of life.

Pics to follow in a few days!

Man a small detail - I saw you wrote "my girlfriend has no idea of my transplant". So I take it you cut out your old girlfriend who was willing to give up a week of her time to take care of you in Brussels post op for a new one? Damn I was thinking early in your thread how sweet she was to take an entire week of time to help you out. But in the U.S. we usually only get 2 weeks of vacation so that would be half our yearly vacation so I thought it to be a big sacrifice. I know you Europeans get 4-5 weeks on average - a much better life.

And now I read in your October post you upgraded girlfriends. Oh well with the new hair I am sure your field of girls opened up significantly but I was still rooting for her for loyalty and taking all those post op photos of you etc. :cool:

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Man a small detail - I saw you wrote "my girlfriend has no idea of my transplant". So I take it you cut out your old girlfriend who was willing to give up a week of her time to take care of you in Brussels post op for a new one? Damn I was thinking early in your thread how sweet she was to take an entire week of time to help you out. But in the U.S. we usually only get 2 weeks of vacation so that would be half our yearly vacation so I thought it to be a big sacrifice. I know you Europeans get 4-5 weeks on average - a much better life.

And now I read in your October post you upgraded girlfriends. Oh well with the new hair I am sure your field of girls opened up significantly but I was still rooting for her for loyalty and taking all those post op photos of you etc. :cool:

Ha, I thought someone might pick up on it, but maybe not point it out! :)

We just grew apart to be honest. Both very different people with different outlooks on life. She was great for me around that time no doubt, but it was for the best as things were going south for a while.

Thanks for the 'small detail'. :)

Current Regimen:

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey JohnnyDrama, any chance of an update with some pics? Been quite a while since your operation so would be nice to see the final product.

I'm evaluating FUE surgeons and Bisanga is on my short list