My FUE 2,200 + PRP, Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic

Hi JohnnyDrama,

Excellent right up! Thanks for posting and so glad it all went well for you. Good luck with the next few months. I also am having my 2000 FUE done with Dr Bisanga at BHR in 3 weeks time so reading your detailed experience has been a great insight to what i can expect in a few weeks time.

Stephen at BHR has also been a great help to me so far with all his emails and support, also met him in person a few months back and to see his results first hand gives me so much confidence that i chose well with Dr Bisanga at BHR.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the clinic again where I had a final chance to meet the doc. I also met him yesterday (where he gave me about an extra litre of saline spray!) so I'm very grateful he's given me plenty of his spare time, seeing as he is technically on a break! Can't ask for any more! He said everything is coming along as it should. Granted all the physical work was done last week, it's just reassuring to have a few follow up days and to ask any additional questions. Carmen was also there and had a good chat with her.

Hi JohnnyDrama,

Excellent right up! Thanks for posting and so glad it all went well for you. Good luck with the next few months. I also am having my 2000 FUE done with Dr Bisanga at BHR in 3 weeks time so reading your detailed experience has been a great insight to what i can expect in a few weeks time.

Stephen at BHR has also been a great help to me so far with all his emails and support, also met him in person a few months back and to see his results first hand gives me so much confidence that i chose well with Dr Bisanga at BHR.

Glad I could help tlk, you're in good hands. We'll be sharing a few months of the ugly duckling stage with each other so by the looks of it!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

End of day 5 post op and swelling is as good as gone. The forehead massages helped hugely. I think I would have had 2 big black eyes had I been lazy about it.

Last night in Brussels so looking forward to change of scene in Amsterdam tomorrow. Should be interesting meeting my gf and seeing her reaction!

Best of luck JD, i am sure you will get a stellar result.

Thanks Ireland.......fingers crossed!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Congratulations! Thank you for the excellent write up! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi JohnnyDrama,

Thanks for this write up, it's excellent. I have my consultation with Dr. Bisanga in three weeks, so this, along with your Blitzing Belgium post, really helps to know what to expect.

Good luck with your recovery and I look forward to your further updates.

Bloom :)

Hi JonnyDrama, was very interested to see your journey thus far, it was very informative and I now know what to expect. I am due to see Dr Bisanga in Oct, for FUE. I am interested in understanding how much of your native hair you managed to keep. I have a couple of areas to be treated(crown and front) and I am keen to keep as much hair as possible to help disguise the op as much as possible, the shaven head is not a good look for me, given the loss that I have.

Thanks Bloom......best of luck with the consultation!!

Hey spg, glad you found it helpful.

Re native hair, as I said in my original post.....keeping as much as possible was a request of mine because like you, I feared the buzz look! The doc shaves the recipient areas, and probably a few mms outside of these zones. Since the work done on my scalp was all in my mid-region, I looked ridiculous so just asked them to shave atthe end of day 2. I'm glad I asked them to.

With your loss however, you may be able to mask things better. I'm guessing with frontal and crown work, you'll be getting close to 3,000 FUE?

Do you usually keep your hair short enough? If so, I would suggest maybe get your hair cut as you normally would maybe a week or so before the op, that way you don't have long native hair dangling into the recipient post-op, aggravating it.

Most I've spoken to who have gotten FUE have recommended shaving. I can now see why. Much less maintenance and everything is easier to clean/manage in the weeks post op.

Current Regimen:

Thanks JohnnyDrama, yes about 2500, also getting prp. How is the redness? Has it faded / still visible? I have planned 2 weeks off after it to recover. Hoping that it is enough to recover to a decent look before going back to work.

This evening I gave it it's first proper wash. With some gentle encouragement most of the scabbing has come off.

7 days ago I was in the chair, and believe it or not, as of right now I'm sitting in the Hard Rock Cafe with NO Cap!

Current Regimen:

7 days ago I was in the chair, and believe it or not, as of right now I'm sitting in the Hard Rock Cafe with NO Cap!

My experience was on similar lines.....in fact I did not use the cap at all even while flying back......Long live FUE and surgeons great at it! Strip seems barbaric in comparison......

hey johnnydrama, i am back from vacation in cuba and was thinking about u all week. i was very excited to read about your experience and glad to see how well it seemed to have gone. im very happy for you and thanks for being dedicated to posting on this forum to help others considering dr B. i cant wait to see your pics and progress.

Hi guys, have been travelling again today so haven't been online much over the last day or so.

Day 10 today. All seems to be coming along well. Everything is nice and clean now, and no grafts seem to have shed yet. Most of the placed grafts actually seem to be growing in line with my own native hair, if not even faster! There is still a noticeable contrast between recipient and native, probably down to redness as expected.

I received pics from clinic today, so will try to get them up tomorrow or the day after.

Getting strangely used to the short hair mind! Although I appreciate this is much easier said while on holidays and not surrounded by people who are used to looking at you. My gf dropped a bombshell earlier mind, saying that she thinks she may actually prefer me with tight hair! The mind boggles!

I'm well aware I'm still probably in that sweet spot post ht where all grafts are in and everything is rosy. Once shedding kicks in things could change! I'm back to work in 10 days, so that's probably when reality will kick in!

Current Regimen:

Good to hear you're recovering well. Another 10 days off sounds bliss!

About the shedding.....as you know, I was at BHR the day before you. After 12 days of the transplanted hair growing slightly it started shedding big time today! Hundreds (thousands?) of little hairs fell out when washing my hair.

Will be interesting to see when your hair starts shedding. Its inevitable, but the start of better things to come.

Wow, it sure will be interesting to see if they start to fall tomorrow. What an odd feeling..... Thinking that tomorrow night I may in fact be so much balder than right now!

I had a shower an hour ago and didn't notice much, not that I was inspecting the floor.

Are you back to work? How is everything feeling other than the shed?

Current Regimen:

Recipient area is still numb and I can't feel a lot there. This is particularly annoying when i got an itch! Itching a numb area is pointless

I went back to work after 6 days (bank holiday weekend helped!). However, I'm quite lucky in that I work from home most of the time.

I haven't been to my office yet to face my coworkers nor have I seen my friends yet. I think they must be wondering what I'm up to :)

To be honest, i'm going a bit crazy at the moment. I only see my wife and I've ventured out shopping a few times (with a hat on). I'm fairly active with sports and the thought of having to wait another 4 weeks before I can exercise kills me. At least you don't have that since you did FUE.

It's not going to be a secret, but I'd like have the hair shed first and scar covered. Should be another week I think.

If they see me with the short stubble on top and then it's gone next time they see me they'll think it's not worked.

I'd rather tell them when it's actually growing. Otherwise I'll have 6 months of "is it growing yet?, why don't you have hair by now? I bet the procedure didn't work!.

I'm more or less completely bald (NW5 --> NW6) so there's no way I can get away with it! I just can't be bothered to educate ignorant people :)

I think my friends and coworkers will be supportive. Although my friends will probably take the piss a bit as well..who can blame them :)

Ya I suppose you being fairly slick means you'd have to be pretty straight up when (all going to plan) you have a mop to show everyone in 12 months!

My loss is different, it was so central, that I masked it quite well. The thing I will find difficult over the next few weeks is seeing everyone one with a buzz and once the shed kicks in. I will have gone from a full head of hair (albeit centrally masked with concealer) to a buzz cut with a baldy centre. We'll see how things pan out!

I've been out and about plenty with no cap on. As I type this I'm in a very busy bar (with good wifi). Admittedly its easier walkier around carefree when nobody knows me.

I definitely intend starting a few runs at least over the next few days, then a few body weighted sessions when I reach the 2 weeks mark. I'm very active myself and into my fitness, so I can appreciate how frustrating it must be!

I've only seen my gf too. The week in Brussels was long but worth it I feel, and since then we've been enjoying holidays so the craziness hasn't kicked in much!

Current Regimen:

Oh and I washed recipient tonight with baby shampoo (as suggested by clinic) and noticed no shedding, yet.

Current Regimen:

Thanks Stu. That's great to hear too mate. Looking forward to your updates.

I received the pics from the clinic last Monday, but since then I've been in an aunts house in Spain that has no Internet. I'm here until Wednesday. If I don't get them up by then, they certainly will be by Thursday /Friday when I'm back to the grind.

Current Regimen:

Ok guys, as promised......I'm just back from my 3 weeks break and will get started on getting my pics up. I've got a few 2-month pre ht pics in my folder, but I'll get started with posting the clinics pre-ht pics.

As you will see, I have quite a bit of native hair, being a diffuser. My kind of loss is a dream from the point of view that concealers work very well in covering things up, particularly Dermatch. Obviously these pics are without concealer or styling products, so I obviously wouldn't look this 'naked' on a day to day basis. In that regard, some of these pics spooked me in terms of just how thin my centre had been.

As you will also see, I pretty much have my entire hairline in tact and I'm pretty happy with where it is. The plan was to fill in the forelock and midscalp. My hairline admittedly is quite soft........and such is the nature of a diffuser, it's largely unpredictable as to how it will behave over the next few years. Hopefully the meds will maintain but I wouldn't be overly surprised to need work to strengthen it in a few years. For now my goal was simple though......fill in that midscalp to give me even coverage everywhere. Rain and wind were my enemy, and the wet hair shots that the clinic took illustrate this with scary accuracy.

The length of my hair here is quite a bit longer in how I would typically 'like' to wear it. The loss was beginning to make me lazy/reluctant to cut it too short because concealing made it harder. In the past I would have had what resembled a slightly longer version of a military-style cut.......4" back and sides and short cut on top with it messed about a little.

tn_IMG_1085.jpg.2b78e0229dae3bf91d4904b791746dfc.jpg

tn_IMG_1086.jpg.bfa9dce0395e7618dc47069b54fa5715.jpg

tn_IMG_1087.jpg.802683d48c5d7c17aa5cf6f62bc4fd63.jpg

tn_IMG_1089.jpg.7c305368dcc0bff90eaa4d176d7bc9ec.jpg

tn_IMG_1092.jpg.91f16de777eac85be8b1bea160895ff8.jpg

tn_IMG_1095.jpg.418d16cfc8d6ff6c9255e14231c927a1.jpg

tn_IMG_1102.jpg.37e5b1b605cfca06bebed71027dfd446.jpg

tn_IMG_1104.jpg.6f6bcb4c7d99637ecf80553c22f771cb.jpg

tn_IMG_1105.jpg.d5566d12fb7e7288052fe065e6ce90b1.jpg

tn_IMG_1107.jpg.2e615106acad598c600ec83e0a1bc300.jpg

tn_IMG_1108.jpg.16f84dab003b1268b1402d984e3836f2.jpg

Current Regimen:

Day 1 HT - post op clinic pics - 1,279 grafts placed

tn_IMG_1127.jpg.dbbe09d96a66c140743eaef39631514f.jpg

tn_IMG_1128.jpg.af44bfae1f331b6cebe302a02098d9bf.jpg

tn_IMG_1129.jpg.4e4e0c51334ce9c59d5e14b4112b7263.jpg

tn_IMG_1130.jpg.465c5da7e58d6e8bec06c6985063d159.jpg

Current Regimen: