3200 Grafts FUT with Dr Pathomnavich

difffuse

3200 Graft FUT with Dr Pathomnavich

(diffused thinning)

Arrived in Bangkok on 4 August with surgery scheduled for 5 August.The HT was a 40th birthday present to myself :)

Arrived at the surgery 8:30am on Monday 5 August, I was awestruck to meet Dr Pathomnavich, to me he looks like a fatherly Jackie Chan.

I was admonished about the 15 year olds hairline that I draw myself :D and he rectified it with what looked to me a very conservative hairline.I draw a new hairline about 3mm below his that was accepted by the Dr.

(I am now very happy with the hairline that was chosen)

I only felt excitement about the upcoming procedure the week before and I had no problems sleeping the nights before.This all changed when I had to lie face down on the operating table/chair, suddenly it hit me,:eek:

someone is going to cut a huge strip of flesh from the back of my head and I feel no effect from the pain pills or 2 valiums yet, all I can hear is about 5 people around me chattering in Thai, and I can't see what they are up to.

My heart rate must have hit 200, I almost ran away.

About 5 minutes later the valiums kicked in, this combined with foot an leg massage calmed me right down

The strip extraction went smoothly except for the 2 injections above the eyebrows that hurt like a b!tch.I think this took about 2 hours, the wound was closed with absorbable, non-absorbable stitches and staples.

During the cuts and graft insertion I asked for a sleeping pill because I really started getting frustrated with lying still, I think they gave me a morphine pill, because it knocked me right out and I slept till the end.

Afterwards around 5:30pm I was bandaged up and sent back to my hotel in a taxi.The pain started kicking in the Taxi, it took 90 minutes in Bangkok peak traffic to get to my hotel (In Residence hotel), when I arrived in my suite I took 2, 500mg paracetamol

I waited 30 minutes with no difference, the pain level was about 7/10. I then took 2 more pain killers that the doctor gave me, cant remember what it was , but I was marked as "Strong painkillers", this helped until about 9pm when the pain started ramping up,

I realized that I won't be able to sleep at all with this level of pain, I then took a pill marked "very strong" provided by the Dr, this was half a morphine pill, 20 minutes later I was fast asleep, only to be woken by the Dr phoning me to find out how things are going,

I can't remember what I told him, but I woke up the next morning with the phone still in my hand.

I went back to the surgery where the bandages came of, there was no blood or lost grafts on the bandages.My hair was washed and I was shown how to do this myself.

On the second day after surgery, despite feeling weak I did a lot of sightseeing, went to the Dusit zoo, temples, malls etc. all in extremely hot and humid conditions, it also rained with overflowing sewers everywhere. When I woke up the next day I had an infection in the graft area.

I sent the Dr some photo's and they asked me to come in so that they can have a look. They cleaned up the infected areas and gave me strong antibiotics, this cleared up the infection after 3 days, the Dr. told me that the grafts would be fine.

On day 8 the non-absorbable stitches and staples were taken out,just before my flight home, some of those staples hurt like a witch, but there is instant relieve afterwards and sleeping is much easier.

before1.jpg.bd7d22ac65cce587509e55d8682073d9.jpg

After1.jpg.392a4be12aec995cba86dbebb5d16f41.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you update, Good luck and grow well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

difffuse,

Thanks for taking the time time to share your experience! I had a similar experience with wanting to run away during my first hair transplant. Glad you stuck it out!

Please keep us posted on your progress. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 1 month, most grafts have shed, the recipient area is still pink but I have fair skin so this is not unexpected.I am very happy with the scar, there is thick hair growing through it, it is still red, but no raised areas or scar tissue that you would usually see from a cut.I'll add some photos later this week.

Hi Difffuse,

Since you have had the procedure done can you help with one question I have.

After the procedure do you need to apply any formulas such as Rogaine or take Pills to maintain the hairs health and keep it growing or it will just grow naturally due to where it was harvested from?

Still have not received email back from Dr Path yet :(

Looking forward to your new photos!

Hi

I was already using Rogaine foam before the procedure the Dr. did not request that I use anything extra.

I did decide on my own to start on propecia and the Dr. gave me a 6 months supply to take home.

Did you use this email address: path_d@hotmail.com ?. They are very busy, Dr. Paths sister, who also does ht's told me that they do 10 ht's per week!

• 6 months later...

7 Month update

I'm very happy with the result after 7 months, I had another growth spurt at 6 months, so I believe it will get even thicker over the next 3 months.

This forum mostly prepared me for the experience and I found answers for all questions and concerns.

1 thing that surprised me was the shock loss that lasted 3.5 months, I believe this is because hair was transplanted in between existing weak hear.

Another thing that surprised me is the hairline, the hairline that was drawn by the doctor looked about 1 cm to high at the time. But once the hair grown in it looked much lower, so be aware that you might be surprised by how your hairline looks once the hair start growing. I'm glad I went with the doctors opinion at the time, he was spot on.

The FUT scar is not an issue at all as I keep my hair a medium length. I don't see why some people on this forum is so anti - FUT

I can highly recommend dr.Pathomvanich and his team.18818_thumb.jpg

18819_thumb.jpg

18821_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Good story about your experience and a wonderful result. Perfectly placed hairline and it just looks so natural. You have excellent hair-to-skin-tone ratio, which makes the result even more undetectable. I have a similar ratio and hope for similar result with my 3988 grafts. I am just in late stages of month 2, but already seeing growth. I agree with your comments about the FUT scar - if you get a good scar result, who cares what is back there. It is way overblown on this forum, but unfortunately some people who had very bad FUT scar results from hack docs maintain a certain noise level here. I feel bad for them, but not many experience what they experienced.

• 2 months later...