FUE 1217 Grafts - Dr. Paul Shapiro

Rem

Guys, today I had my FUE procedure with Dr. Paul Shapiro. It is 2AM here in Minneapolis. Just woke from heavy dose of Valium and Vicodin.

Tom said - One of easiest cases he has worked on (coarse thick straight hair). He extracted approx. 1200 grafts within a very short period using SAFE.

Dr. Paul said - One of the difficult cases as I would just not go numb. He was extremely patient and kind.

Matt - Great guy, his confidence in SMG gave me confidence.

Jenna - Very particular about details and a sweet personality to deal with.

SMG staff was very kind and helpful.

It seemed to me Vicodin made very nauseous, threw up 4 times after the procedure. Hope the grafts did not get dislodged/fall out.

Tomorrow I will be going for the hair wash at SMG and after I am back I will update the thread with more details.

Many thanks to this forum and members of this forum for helping me all the way.

Like I said I will add more details tomorrow.

IMG_2056.jpg.853cc7cde5ef6c29e915f9fed51bd105.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg.1726482ef331a6d115d82c76c892130e.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg.ec4afa0d788facf574ece5e09f0a79f9.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg.1c7b27e935c6c75d2ac9fc06f7520fa5.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg.0dc837fbdf53b0a7d06b71d09e6086b3.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg.014284e32e8e67d302d81184d5d814e2.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg.6bbe57b366b528eba212946f82c557bb.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg.2f8ab8eb390587ce177494939f3eba58.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg.6fdd06129b8df4ffcb1333de0b34decc.jpg

Edited by Rem

Well done Rem. I know you had concerns pre-ht but I'm sure this will turn out great. 1,200 is a nice, modest amount of grafts too! That temple work should have a nice impact on the framing of your face.

We'll be sharing the ugly-duckling phase with each other too!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congratulations on choosing a great surgeon Rem!! Happy growing to you buddy!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Congrats Rem, you did heavy research and ended up with a wise conservative doctor like Shapiro. Umar, Feller & Shapiro are my only FUE trusted choices when it comes to FUE. I believe that Dr. Paul performs most of the FUE surgeries in the clinic not Ron. By the way, you look great with a shaved head :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Looks like very clean work, hope your healing and growth is smooth.

How much downtime you have?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Rem,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Paul Shapiro. I know you had some reservations in particular about the ARTAS, but everything looks great, which I expected given you were in expert hands.

I look forward to viewing your progress and monthly updates. Heal and grow well my friend :-).

Bill

@hsrp10 - Thanks, I have 2 weeks as downtime. I am hoping the redness would go away by then.

@Bill - Thanks for your help over the last 1.5 years. Yes, I was apprehensive about ARTAS but turned out SMG preferred to use SAFE on me. I think that may have been coz they wanted lesser number of grafts (800 to start with, 600 1s and 200 2s) that too mainly 1s from the lower donor zone. Within like 1.5-2 hours Tom was able to extract 1200 grafts.

I believe that Dr. Paul performs most of the FUE surgeries in the clinic not Ron. By the way, you look great with a shaved head :-)

Hi Hariri,

This is not quite correct - Dr. Ron does almost as many fue surgeries as Dr. Paul but since majority of Dr. Ron's patients come from abroad, we don't get the results as often as Dr. Paul.

REM,

Thanks for posting about your experience.

The reason why Dr. Paul opted out of the Artas was due to the fact that the fine donor hairs he needed for the hairline, temples,and temple points were not ideal donor areas for the Artas. We will always use the best method for the patient.

I am just seeing your photos now. Congrats on the precedure. Of course, it is unforunate that you had a bad reaction to the drugs, but hopefully that minute detail will be forgot as your results come in. It looks like Dr. Paul did a great job. I'm looking forward to updates. Don't forget.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Hariri,

This is not quite correct - Dr. Ron does almost as many fue surgeries as Dr. Paul but since majority of Dr. Ron's patients come from abroad, we don't get the results as often as Dr. Paul.

REM,

Thanks for posting about your experience.

The reason why Dr. Paul opted out of the Artas was due to the fact that the fine donor hairs he needed for the hairline, temples,and temple points were not ideal donor areas for the Artas. We will always use the best method for the patient.

Are you guys finding out just now that Artas isn't good for hair lines? I got my transplant done on my hairline with the artas at Shapiro medical group. Are you finding the results of artas to be less pleasing because I rarely see any mention of it and also my own growth isn't that great.

Hi Forever21,

I noticed you posted on couple of threads regarding Artas and your concern regarding growth. Since you are at 5 months post op, it's much too soon to judge if you have good or poor growth. Expect much more growth in the next 6 to 7 months. You can send pics at 6 months and I'd be happy to put them side by side with your pre-op pics so that you can see the progress at 1/2 way mark. We can do it again at 1 yr mark when you've achieve full growth.

Feel free to touch base with Matt or me when you have concerns.