Potential Recommendation of Dr. Koray Erdogan of Istanbul, Turkey

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Koray Erdogan of Istanbul, Turkey. At this time, Dr. Erdogan is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here. However, given his dedication to ultra refined follicular unit extraction, in time, I believe we should consider him for the Coalition.

Over the last few months, Dr. Koray Erdogan has garnered a lot of popularity and visibility on this forum thanks to several of his patients sharing their experiences and results. After several exchanges with Dr. Erdogan and viewing many examples of his work, I can see why he's become so popular.

Dr. Koray Erdogan has been performing hair transplant surgery since 2000 and has been performing follicular unit extraction (FUE) exclusively at his clinic since 2007. He has the skill, experience and staff to perform over 2400 follicular units in a single day and operates on only one or two patients daily depending on the size of the session. Dr. Erdogan has the ability to dense up to 55 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient although, this kind of density is rarely required.

Dr. Erdogan uses a manual punch crafted by Ellis Instruments ranging from .6mm to .9mm in size when appropriate for the patient. This enables him to reduce scarring and trauma to th scalp. Dr. Erdogan feels that advantages of manual extraciton include undetectable scarring, high yield and low transection.

Dr. Koray Erdogan carefully creates all recipient incisions by hand using tiny blades as small as .7mm. Each incision is 0.1mm larger than the size of each graft which he feels enables him to adapt his plan according to graft quality. Dr. Erdogan temporarily stores the harvested follicular units in a hypotonic solution for no more than 3 hours. Each graft is then carefully inserted into the recipient area by his skilled technicians under Dr. Erdogan's direct supervision.

Dr. Erdogan is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the Turkish Medical Association, the Italian Society for Hair Restoraiton (ISHR) and the European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ESHRS).

Given Dr. Koray Erdogan's experience and commitment to high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via FUE, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

4312 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan

3167 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan

3050 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan in 2 Sessions

4014 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan - 6 Month Update

1950 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan

2200 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan (Repair)

1800 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan

3123 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Erdogan

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

I give my full vote to Dr. Erdogan. He is one of the best manual FUE surgeons I have ever seen in my life along with Lorenzo and Bisanga. He is very generous to his patients by using expensive stuff in order to reach their satisfaction with such a low rate of EURO 2.5 per graft. Titanium manual punch and the expensive Hypothermosol storage liquid for a healthier graft all used without changing the rate or taking any advantages.

This Doctor is not only a good surgeon but even a good mentor and researcher by continuously contributing in the evolution of FUE method. Dr. Lorenzo himself cant stop praising him especially for the invention of one step manual FUE lately at the 2nd Mediterranean FUE workshop. He is even going to open a state of the art clinic fully equipped and with well trained staff this autumn and wont be anymore in a condo in the Asian Istanbul.

I seriously thank Bill for his efforts in bringing top affordable FUE surgeons into the forum such as Dr. Hakan and Dr. Maras and hopefully soon Dr. Bhatti. Thanks to Denny as well for convincing Dr. Erdogan to share his results in this forum in order to get Erdogan a big credibility.

Now after Lorenzo and Erdogan being recommended, I can say my dream has come true. Looking forward a new capital of affordable FUE (Turkey) :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I would agree for certain!! Dr. Erdogan would definitely have my vote based on his excellent and consistent result! He is producing some top-notch FUE work!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I just looked at some of his youtube videos. They are worth checking out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Absolutely yes! I am a huge fan!!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I am from India and I find the results so good that I am enticed to undergo HT with him right away, He should be recommended.

Contact member SEVNBLAK from India too, he just had 3000 grafts FUE procedure with Dr. Erdogan last month. I met him personally in Anatalya before my hairline repair procedure.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171526-3000grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed.html

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Contact member SEVNBLAK from India too, he just had 3000 grafts FUE procedure with Dr. Erdogan last month. I met him personally in Anatalya before my hairline repair procedure.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171526-3000grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed.html

Thanks. I have just started researching. As I am envisaging hair loss for next 10 years and want a good donor supply, I want to research more on efficacy of Dr. Gho's procedure. If nothing works out, I will be happy to visit this doctor.

I am very happy to see this potential recommendation! Couldn't agree more with his recommendation! ;-)

It is certainly an amazing addition to this Forum.

I am pleased to announce that I am Dr. Erdogan's new representative. If you have any questions regarding Dr. Koray Erdogan, please send me a private message here or dcaldeiron@gmail.com.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

I am very happy to see this potential recommendation! Couldn't agree more with his recommendation! ;-)

It is certainly an amazing addition to this Forum.

I am pleased to announce that I am Dr. Erdogan's new representative. If you have any questions regarding Dr. Koray Erdogan, please send me a private message here or dcaldeiron@gmail.com.

I echo Mickey. Congrats on your new position!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I had a look at Dr Erdogans work and it looks solid from the photos posted. I have few concerns before recommending him though:

1. My biggest concern is that Dr Erdogan extracts grafts from non permanent area. We never know how many transplanted grafts will actually stay.

2. I would like to see patients with full face and before and after photos taken with the same light

3. What is amazing that donor area after the transplant seems thicker than before. I am not sure if that is because of the light or patients are using some new medication that we are not aware of.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Absolutely!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I haven't researched him at all but from the posted results he clearly knows how to do hairlines.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day