Potential Recommendation of Dr. Koray Erdogan of Istanbul, Turkey

I had a look at Dr Erdogans work and it looks solid from the photos posted. I have few concerns before recommending him though:

1. My biggest concern is that Dr Erdogan extracts grafts from non permanent area. We never know how many transplanted grafts will actually stay.

2. I would like to see patients with full face and before and after photos taken with the same light

3. What is amazing that donor area after the transplant seems thicker than before. I am not sure if that is because of the light or patients are using some new medication that we are not aware of.

KR you represent Dr Reddy, shouldn't you have that in your signature?

I had a look at Dr Erdogans work and it looks solid from the photos posted. I have few concerns before recommending him though:

1. My biggest concern is that Dr Erdogan extracts grafts from non permanent area. We never know how many transplanted grafts will actually stay.

2. I would like to see patients with full face and before and after photos taken with the same light

3. What is amazing that donor area after the transplant seems thicker than before. I am not sure if that is because of the light or patients are using some new medication that we are not aware of.

KR your first concern is unfounded in my honest opinion. I do not find anything alerting in Dr Erdogan's extraction patterns as seen here:

gsDz8sg.jpg

From small to large case, minor to major loss, he stays within the areas of what would be a Norwood 6 and 7.

Your second concern is quite demanding, how about showing the same discrepancies with your own results first hmmm? Your photos are often not even taken in the same room let alone the same lighting. Often your photos are shown with a shaved before and a grown out after. Where is YOUR consistency? Make sure your own hands are clean before pointing the finger.

Hi Mickey,

Point taken.

Actually it was once we started enquiring about getting a recommendation that I started amending our practice of taking better quality pics and I believe this has helped us in getting a lot of consistency with the pictures. I shall be thankful to Bill for insisting that we show consistency with our pics as Dr Reddy never really paid any attention to pics before.

My objective with asking the questions was more educational as my understanding was that it was best practice not to take hair from the non permanent zone. However as it appears there might be some logic in taking hair higher up as the yield might be significantly higher and we can qualify more patients for FUE as Dr Reddy turns them down as he is not comfortable extracting beyond the safe zone.

Lastly, we are constantly looking at improving our practice and I was impressed by how well the donor area looked despite extraction of a large quantity of grafts and in one instance it looked fuller after extraction. My question is if Dr Erdogan uses some kind of microcellular matrix or even stem cells to improve wound healing and tissue regeneration in the donor area?

I have heard conflicting evidence and would like more input on this issue in order for us to amend our practice if its feasible.

I represent Dr Reddy and for some reason its not showing up on my post - any help would be much appreciated.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

KR,

Thanks for sharing your opinion and concerns. While I understand your concerns about the universal safe area, I do genuinely believe there are times when it's appropriate to harvest outside of that area if a particular patient has the right characteristics and the patient provides informed consent to the risk. That said, based on what I've seen, it does appear that the majority of his extractions are taken from the universal donor area.

As you recall, I also agree that consistency in pictures is vital. However, it's not always easy to re-create the same exact lighting and angles. In my opinion, the results I've seen do appear to capture this pretty well.

In terms of the donor area, I'm not seeing any after pictures where the donor area actually appears thicker. But I imagine what you are seeing may be due to slightly different lighting or angles. That said, I don't see any red flags that necessitate alternative or additional photos. But that's just my opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S . I've added a disclosure statement in your forum signature along with a link to Dr. Reddy's recommendation profile :-)

Any updates about Erdogan's recommendation. This one took time I guess, usually it takes 24 hours to be approved like what happened to the other new recommended surgeons lately.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi Mickey,

Point taken.

Actually it was once we started enquiring about getting a recommendation that I started amending our practice of taking better quality pics and I believe this has helped us in getting a lot of consistency with the pictures. I shall be thankful to Bill for insisting that we show consistency with our pics as Dr Reddy never really paid any attention to pics before.

My objective with asking the questions was more educational as my understanding was that it was best practice not to take hair from the non permanent zone. However as it appears there might be some logic in taking hair higher up as the yield might be significantly higher and we can qualify more patients for FUE as Dr Reddy turns them down as he is not comfortable extracting beyond the safe zone.

Lastly, we are constantly looking at improving our practice and I was impressed by how well the donor area looked despite extraction of a large quantity of grafts and in one instance it looked fuller after extraction. My question is if Dr Erdogan uses some kind of microcellular matrix or even stem cells to improve wound healing and tissue regeneration in the donor area?

I have heard conflicting evidence and would like more input on this issue in order for us to amend our practice if its feasible.

I represent Dr Reddy and for some reason its not showing up on my post - any help would be much appreciated.

All good KR, thanks for explaining.

Thanks for everyone's valuable input on Dr. Koray Erdogan's potential recommendation. Given all the positive input we received privately and publicly, I'm pleased to announce that Dr. Erdogan has been approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. View Dr. Erdogan's recommendation profile.

Congratulations to Dr. Erdogan for being approved for recommendation and to Denny for his new position with Dr. Erdogan's clinic.

We look forward to seeing more great work from Dr. Erdogan in the many months ahead.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations, Dr. Erdogan! Definitely an excellent addition to our network!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for all your support, Bill! I am sure Dr. Erdogan is a great addition to our network. I am very happy to be Dr. Erdogan's representative and available to answer any question.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Super news. Turkey is invading the FUE industry with great surgeons like Dr. Koray and Dr. Hakan. Denny I salute you for posting Dr. Erdogan's results, it made our dream comes true. Dr. Erdogan is lucky to have you as an official representative. Thanks Bill for bringing great affordable international FUE surgeons to the forum. Lorenzo, Bisanga & Erdogan are indeed in my top 5 FUE surgeons list. Nothing left to be recommended but Dr. Bhatti as a FUE alternative for Asian patients who are willing to do it within Asia ;-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi KR,

1. Dr. Erdogan extracts grafts only from the safe zone. I am not sure if that is what you mean when you state Dr. Erdogan extracts grafts from "non permanent area". If that is not what you mean, feel free to send me your concern.

2. The laws in Turkey do not allow doctors to show before and after pictures from patients. For this reason we preserve the patients. I will have my procedure soon and I will show my face, promisse!

3. Dr. Erdogan recommends Finasteride. Many of his patients start using it after the procedure. This is not my case, since I am taking Finasteride for more than 10 years.

Thank you Hariri! Like you I am a big fan of Dr. Erdogan and I am very happy to see him recommended on this Forum.

I have been following Dr Erdogans work ever since i started looking into HT surgery and out of all the fue surgeons i could choose from i would have to say he would be my number one choice.

Not only are all the results i have seen been exceptional but several other factors such as his prices and the fact you can stay in accommodation at his premises also figured highly in him being my number one.

I would highly recommend him and if i ever get enough funds together it will be he that does my work.

Have a good day all

1966kph, thank you for your comment! I couldn't agree more! ;-)

I will have my procedure with Dr. Erdogan in 1 month! I am very excited!

Haven't had the time to be online much recently and have not had a chance to weigh in on this yet, but needless to see, Dr Erdogan was an obvious and welcome addition to the network.

Great work Denny! Looking forward to seeing your procedure along with many others whom I'm sure will follow suit as a result of his exposure here.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thank you 1966kph and Johnny! Less than a month for my procedure and exactly 2 days for you Johnny! I wish you an amazing experience! Please keep us updated! I will certainly do the same!

• 6 months later...

hey Denny,

Do you know when Dr Erdogan's new website will be up?

Also, did you find that with using finasteride/propecia, your libido diminished? So much is written about that side effect, makes me very nervous to give it a try.

I look forward to hearing about [and seeing] your own hair transplant case with Dr. Erdogan.

thank you!

best,

Delm

• 1 year later...
Thanks buddy! I am very excited about it! And my procedure is on the corner! 1 month to go!!!

Hi Can I ask if Dr Koray Erdogan has been accepted as these posts are 2013 and he does not show up on the list of Physicians on this site. Welcome reply.

• Administrators

Indeed, he has been accepted. There is a selection option in the top right of the pages, where there is a drop menu with all the recommended surgeons. His recommendation is here.

The Hair Restoration Social Network Admin