Reviews on Dr. Tugrul Maral

Saq

Hi Guys,

I've booked my HT session with Dr. Tugrul Maral and was wondering if anyone can offer any feedback. Have anyone of you or anyone that you know have gotten a procedure done through him? If so, can you please share your or their feedback.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards.

Edited by Saq

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kimi,

It's not finalized yet but should be finalized in a few days. I was going in a couple of weeks but now it might be not until the end of August. Good luck and do share your experience please and so will I.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi abcd...

I have now definitely booked for 9th of August.

I wish you best of luck with your treatment and hope we will immediately hear impressions and find out how it went :).

Good luck again.

Hi abcd...

I have now definitely booked for 9th of August.

I wish you best of luck with your treatment and hope we will immediately hear impressions and find out how it went :).

Good luck again.

Sure - will post here as soon as I'm done. I am now in Istanbul, the driver picked up me and a friend from the airport promptly and the hotel is very good, impeccably clean and the service is excellent (I even remember that it was recommended to my ex when she first came here to study by a guy who knew the city really well so it seems to have good reputation). Either way, I should spend the day tomorrow at the clinic, but I'll be back to write down my impressions as soon as I'm done.

Perfect, I am glad everything went fine so far.

Hope you will have an easy day today and have a great procedure.

Looking forward for your impressions from the clinic when you're back from there.

Talk later and thank you so much :).

Alright, I've just returned from the clinic. The procedure took about 8 hours and I cannot think of anything to complain about. Everything went smoothly and comfortably.

Dr. Maral turned out to be very friendly and knowledgeable, we first had a consultation, then he draw the hairline and was checking in occasionally during the procedure, overlooking everything. There was also another patient at the clinic in another room.

Most importantly, the technicians knew their job exceptionally well, they were professional and attentive. Because my donor area turned out to be very dense, they managed to extract 4800 (!) grafts and they were inserting them at incredible speeds (I counted, at moments they were inserting one every 2 seconds or so, other times around 6-10 per minute), always two of them at the time. I am NW7 and this is way beyond my wildest expectations.

The only uncomfortable part were the first few injections, but as soon as they worked I didn't feel the others. Everything else was so painless that I literally caught myself napping a few times. I especially liked that the TV channel that was on was playing Turkish pop hits while the technicians joyfully chattered and occasionally sang along. (I think I was also lucky with the time of the year, the weather is beautiful and the city is festive because it's Ramadan, so I am really enjoying myself.)

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know, I'll return with updates soon.

Hurrrayyyy...congratulations, the first and worst part is over for you :).

I am really glad everything went fine and that you managed to have that many grafts extracted...that is a really huge number.

It is common for the first injections to hurt as hell sometime but there is nothing we can do about it, c'est la vie.

I would really appreciate to know how your first hours and days are going?! Especially how will you manage to sleep and so on, I believe those are the most crucial moments now.

Cheers :).

Especially how will you manage to sleep.

I would really like to know myself. I mean, they explained everything, I took the medication and took the position in bed (although I should not sleep until 1 am) and it is hilarious. Honestly, all the time I was more concerned with post-op than with the procedure itself, and it is always the first three nights that are critical. Let's wait, survive, and see.

Update about sleeping the first night: As I was told, I've put the pillow on the open side of the bed, so as to not hit the head, and I rolled a towel very carefully into a big cylinder, which I then tied it together so that it doesn't fall apart. I waited until I got very tired (3am) to avoid moving in the sleep, especially because I was supposed to sleep on the back which I never do. Apparently, it worked--I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in, and the head seems intact. I am now waiting for the driver to take me to the clinic for a follow-up exam.

Adcd0000, did the dr place the graphs in or the tech?I was just wondering. Also how are they coming along? Seems like that's a lot of graphs during one sitting. I had a little over 2700 and it took around 9 hours.

Cheers

Update about sleeping the first night: As I was told, I've put the pillow on the open side of the bed, so as to not hit the head, and I rolled a towel very carefully into a big cylinder, which I then tied it together so that it doesn't fall apart. I waited until I got very tired (3am) to avoid moving in the sleep, especially because I was supposed to sleep on the back which I never do. Apparently, it worked--I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in, and the head seems intact. I am now waiting for the driver to take me to the clinic for a follow-up exam.

Great...I am glad you survived your first night :).

Did they show you how to put together the towel and make the cylinder and all that?

How do you feel now? Is your head still bloody or is it recovering already?

Cheers.

And the second too! The doctor suggested I roll the pillow and most importantly, showed me the position of the neck needed to avoid hurting the crown. They also provide you with a medical pillow and other necessities, so no mess there. My head is OK now (day 2, not counting the operation), no bleeding and no swelling, thanks to the medication and some ice I put from time to time. There were some traces of blood last night, from slight moving during the sleep, but nothing alarming. On the back of my head there are very few scabs now, just one on the side where they extracted a few more grafts and of course the top, which is following its own rhythms. I still don't dare even touch that area :) I will come back after the first washing.

Perfect, it seems you've managed to take good care of your head during those first nights!

I, and probably many others, would highly appreciate if you could put some photos on after the first washing.

Thanks again abc :).

Adcd0000, did the dr place the graphs in or the tech?I was just wondering. Also how are they coming along? Seems like that's a lot of graphs during one sitting. I had a little over 2700 and it took around 9 hours.

Cheers

To answer your question--the techs placed the grafts. They seemed very experienced and relaxed, and did the work at incredible rates. As I wrote in some other post, I counted that at moments they were implanting grafts every two seconds or so. Of course I cannot check their numbers but I don't see why would they make it up, especially provided that it does not influence the final price and that they counted them after the extraction process, so that they may be more sure about the count. How many of those will sprout is a different question. However, they did discard the bad grafts before implanting, so that gives me hope.

Hey Kimi, congratulations on your big move!!

My fist washing gone OK, just followed the instructions. I am having trouble rinsing their moisturizer, but it will be fine I think as I dare more and more to touch my recipient area and to gently wash it out. As of today (day 6) I am pouring the lowest setting of the shower over the recipient area. The hairs look a bit clearer with each day, and the scabs from the donor area are almost entirely gone (oh the itching-and the guilty pleasure of picking them out!). I am of course extra gentle to the recipient area, no touching, no pressing, no towels until at least the 7th day. I will be leaving it to dry naturally for at least couple of more days-I just gently put a kitchen paper towel on top of it to collect some of the water.

One or two hairs already fell off, as per doctor's prediction. I am now in the paranoia train (will they grow? did I kill them by physical activity? am I taking in enough vitamins? etc.).

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your detailed story about your experience with Dr. Maral ! Very helpful!

Im going to do my procedure at Maral Clinic soon! Booked the flight already.

How's your hair now? I see that its about 5 months past since the date of your procedure

Thanks