Men on Finasteride Successfully: How Long Have You Maintained Your Baseline?

Spanker

If you are still maintaining your baseline from when started, how long has it been?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been 3 years successfully, how about you? Please answer on the poll for this non-scientific study. If fin did not work for you, or you are no longer on it, please do not reply, I will add another poll for you.

The poll is measured in years.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

ive been on the pill for 5 months and hairloss has stoped or slowed down a lot, and I have a lot of tiny hairs growing, don't know if they will become terminal , sorry spanker if you just wanted guys who were on pill for over a year, just wanted to contribute,

ive been on the pill for 5 months and hairloss has stoped or slowed down a lot, and I have a lot of tiny hairs growing, don't know if they will become terminal , sorry spanker if you just wanted guys who were on pill for over a year, just wanted to contribute,

No man, that's cool!

Any stories are welcome. Mainly I just wanted this to be for people that feel that it has been successful. Hope we get more participation in the thread.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Its a good thread. Ive been on the "power pills" for 7 years now. They definitely slowed my loss down. I was going pretty fast.

Since I started and I actually think I grew some fullness on top. My hairline is slowly getting worse now but its S...L...O..W and I'm sure Finasteride has been helping all around.

16 months thus far (started right before my first HT).

I wish there were a more scientific way of measuring ..but, yes...it definitely seems to have halted the loss...as well as helped turn the crown into a non-issue (it wasnt awful 16 months ago, but was showing signs of becoming a significant issue).

All this from something that costs me $5 for about a 1.5 year supply!:D

3 years for me

From last September I added Nizoral, in Jan I swapped Minoxidils and in March I changed from Propecia to Finpecia. Hair loss got a lot worse.

Now after swapping everything back, my hair is improved a lot and I feel back to "normal" (plus with a lovely grown out HT).

I think I'm able to say after 3 years I've maintained.....it was a worrying spell though during this recent shed.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I have been taking it since pretty much the day it came to the US market as 1mg Propecia in 1997. My hair loss essentially "stopped" for many years.

It wasn't until I decided to stop taking it a few years ago that I noticed a big difference, so I knew it must have been working for me. Sometimes, you really never know how much it is helping until you go off of it.

I stopped taking it in 2010 after reading some of the new information about the side effects. The main "side effect" was that I lost a lot of hair fairly quickly, and became very self-conscious about it.

Going back on it, plus having a fairly small transplant of just under 1500 grafts (I have very poor donor density) in 2011 has made a huge difference.

1.5 years, had slight thinning in crown pre propecia and shed more hair then I ever have since starting, 12 months in a huge difference on my crown almost no thinning now, and hair all over seemed stronger and better quality!! Defo success thus far!! Very expensive though, ?40 a month!!!

It wasn't until I decided to stop taking it a few years ago that I noticed a big difference, so I knew it must have been working for me. Sometimes, you really never know how much it is helping until you go off of it.
Thanks salami.

I will keep this in mind. Sometimes I'm curious to see what the effects of stopping might be. I sometimes hear myself thinking "What if this was all I'm gonna lose and I don't even need it?".

....but then I come to my senses. I think I'll stay on it, and try to avoid learning that lesson the hard way.