13,000 uGrafts By Dr. Umar For Global Coverage and Repairing Strip Scar

This patient underwent two prior surgeries at other hair transplant clinics. However, his growth yield was poor and his crown area remained bald. Additionally, he was also left with a strip scar.

Both procedures had used a substantial portion of the patient's available donor follicles on his scalp.

Dr. Umar was able to extract 13,000 uGrafts from the beard area and head regions. This was enough to provide the global coverage that the patient wanted and to hide his strip scar. As a result, he is now able to wear his hair in a buzz cut

More details about his experience are provided in the video below.

body-hair-transplant-0555.jpg

More information about this patient's case can be found here: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/strip-scar-correction-bht-full-coverage-13000-ugrafts/

Edited by OfficeofDrUmar
new video format

Fantastic improvement. This is exactly the type of result that I feel would benefit from SMP for the appearance of greater density.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I feel really torn about this result. His pre-op photos show a balding person with a natural look. The post of shows a person with global coverage, but the hair line just doesn't seem natural, mostly due to the design and the caliber of the hair used in the temples I think.

However, the pt is obviously happy and that is really the only outcome that matters.

I will also say that I have seen Dr. Umar turn people's lives around who have been butchered, and that he is there for people that feel that they have no other options because of little to no donor left. I think that these types of BHT transplants are a great advancements for people that really really need the hair, but I think is best to exhaust your donor first. (except for scar repairs, then I think BHT is great at any point.)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thats what 13k grafts looks like? wonder what it would like it if he grew it out to a couple inches.

I was wondering the same. I would also like to see some pictures of the patient's face after it heals. Looks like good results to me.

The youtube video has photos from different angels. I just hit pause when I wanted to compare.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The strip scar is totally invisible now but I wonder how many of the 13,000 grafts yielded. Hard to tell because of the hair cut so short. I agree the hairline could have been more natural. It seems very abrupt.

As a proof of concept, clearly Umar has demonstrated that body hair transplants have a place. But cosmetically speaking, it does not look particularly natural. It would be interesting to see how this buzz cut style can be improved with SMP, which would help with the illusion.

Dr. Umar is always there for hair loss sufferers who have been turned out, he always has a challenging solution, such a life saver. I respect him too much.

Any idea has an idea which extraction method is he using? Manual or Motorized? If motorized then which type and is used for Chest and Beard as well?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hate to say it but I think he looks better before too.

Having said that, maybe when grown out it could look much better.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Appalling.

If this is 13000 he needs 39000.

He looks ridiculous. Lets be honest.

Ps I'm no good thing either.

I think it is important to realize that even 3000 FUE head grafts would have looked better.

Edited by scar5
My spelling is a paul ing..

8$ a graft/hair is what you pay if you had everything yield 100 percent.

This clearly has not yielded anywhere near that so the real price per graft/hair is significantly higher. Even though it looks improved, I still question the real value for money of these type of procedures. The patient in his eyes may say it has changed his life and hopefully it has. However, paying tens to hundreds of thousands dollars for this cosmetic appearance I am not in agreement.

By this statement, I am not discrediting the surgeon's ability at all as he is a good surgeon.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have been requesting drumar clinic to send pic of beard after extraction numerous times.

I am seeing all the pic so far dr umar clinic has posted of numerous patients. I have not seen a single video or pic where it shows in close proximity mandible area after hair extracted from fue.

I have seen results i mean pic/video of dr bhatti (he charges 1$ or 1.25$ per graft)its very crystal clear and dr bhatti himself said that scarring will be visible under mandible but very minimal.bhatti replies to his post very frequently.DR umar clinic is not replying after my repeated request. I will request bill to help me in this request.

I have been requesting drumar clinic to send pic of beard after extraction numerous times.

I am willing to bet, his extraction sites are spotless and that these guys' jaws, whatever, look pretty good. I've always rated Dr. Umar, however he has got some loud guard dogs on these forums, and these guys mean business, they have what seems like 100s of promotional posts per graft they ever received from him, and it tends to make objective discussion a risky chore. I was banned from a forum during a discussion, so I must state my bias.

The other thing is that body hair is body hair and we see very few big head FUE results from him. I am not a fan of the BHT as the primary building block for scalp hair, but as for scarring, my guess is, I know, not worth much, but knowing that jaws scar extremely well, and that Dr. Umar is one of the longest exponents of this, I'm willing to say he would be among the best, and therefore, very good at leaving a clean result.

And he doesn't bother doing chores like posting pics for you unless there is a point worth making to a larger market, rather than to a single person wanting to test him.

I am not debating wheter he (dr umar)is best or not. HT network is a very transparent forum thats why you and i and everyone else is here. I am here HT network because i have seen the post and most of replies if doctor is not living up to his words,ethics standard treatment or if he underperform and doesn't replies he is boycotted.I am still hoping that drumarclinic will read this forum and not only i their are other users also see this thread where they have requested for lower mandible pic/videos.I think IN US if any doctor gives scarring on face or he is doing unethical practice he will loose his licence.

One more thing even if doctor is naturalized citizen in such cases US revokes the citizenship and after good jail time doctor is deported(Make sure you google naturalized doctors got deported). Medical standard and surgery in US is one of the best in the world because US makes sure that patients rights,health and safety is first.

Note: I am not making any judgement or allegation its just my opinion.