Hair Transplant Patient of the Week: Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUSS with Dr. Konior

This week's Hair Transplant Patient of the Week is Spanker, who underwent a 2,110 graft strip procedure (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery ("FUSS")) with Dr. Konior.

After two years of research, Spanker underwent hair transplant surgery with Dr. Konior on July 30th, 2012. According to Spanker, during the 10 hour procedure, Dr. Konior expertly restored his hairline and frontotemporal scalp with 2,110 follicular unit grafts.

Spanker described the surgery as virtually "painless" and admired Dr. Konior's stamina and expert skill during the procedure. Because Spanker is an active member of our community, he's done an excellent job keeping us updated on his progress. Recently, Spanker shared the 12 month images from his procedure with Dr. Konior, and the results are excellent!

To review Spanker's 12 month results, please see the following: Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUSS with Dr. Konior (the 12 month update is on page 22).

To review his entire hair transplant journey, please see Spanker's Hair Restoration Website.

Please join me in congratulating Spanker on his impressive results!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks fellas. I will be going into the office at the end of the month for a follow up and should get photographed in front of the green board at Dr. Konior's soon.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats Spanker! I've been very impressed with your results. You've got an enviable head of hair my friend. Enjoy!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Awesome procedure and results! Have a few questions if you don't mind.

How long did it take the shaved hair in the front to grow back? And was there any shock loss at all?

How long for the scabs and redness to go away? I would like to know your total down time.

thanks

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Awesome procedure and results! Have a few questions if you don't mind.

How long did it take the shaved hair in the front to grow back? And was there any shock loss at all?

How long for the scabs and redness to go away? I would like to know your total down time.

thanks

I think that I cut everything to an even level at 3 months.

I had very little shock loss if any, maybe a tiny bit in my 2 month pics, but not bad.

I actually never really had any redness to speak of. My skin tone is favorable for that and the scabs never really looked like scabs, like you see on some cases. The scabs looked and felt like grains of sand in my hair, and when I scratched them they fell off after a couple weeks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The scabs looked and felt like grains of sand in my hair

wow that is really an attestment to the skill and care of incision placement by Dr. Konior.

Thanks for the reply and again congrats on a great result!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Spanker-

Congrats my friend. You truly deserve it....you look TERRIFIC! Enjoy your new head of hair!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 3 weeks later...

Spanker,

Did any of the transplanted hair grow without shedding?

(this is something I had experienced a little with my first HT with another well renown dr.)

Just was wondering about this, due to Dr. Konior's elaborate care and planting the grafts himself, and if this increased the chances of some of the hair growing without falling out.

go dense or go home

Spanker,

Did any of the transplanted hair grow without shedding?

(this is something I had experienced a little with my first HT with another well renown dr.)

Just was wondering about this, due to Dr. Konior's elaborate care and planting the grafts himself, and if this increased the chances of some of the hair growing without falling out.

I would just guess that about 20 percent did not shed. I think that it could be a combination of my physiology and Dr K's work. I definitely would not plan on that happening, but it is possible,

View Spanker's Website

Spanked I agree dr konoir did good job my concern again is hairline from temple points to sidelocks.its my opinion why even old time surgeons are not able to sketch hairline like many other surgeon.spanker don't mind its my opinion I dnt like the hairline I would expect more structured and closeknit hairline covering temple points to all the way till sideburns.by the way u have lot of hair behind hairline.i mean density and even thickness

FUEonly,

I wholeheartedly disagree. I believe Spanker's hairline is extremely natural. I highly doubt any individual, who was unaware of his previous surgery, would ever suspect it was surgically reconstructed.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Spanked I agree dr konoir did good job my concern again is hairline from temple points to sidelocks.its my opinion why even old time surgeons are not able to sketch hairline like many other surgeon.spanker don't mind its my opinion I dnt like the hairline I would expect more structured and closeknit hairline covering temple points to all the way till sideburns.by the way u have lot of hair behind hairline.i mean density and even thickness

I think that you may be confusing temple points with corners, but I am not sure. I think that there could be a language barrier, or, you really don't much about hair transplantation. I have strong temple points and it would be ridiculous to transplant into them. Some people may not like that I went for a recessed look, but you are not young forever, and my natural frontal hairline was too low to blunt the corners (IMO, keeping future loss in mind). I kept the recessed corners so that when I am 50, it can still look natural, even if and when my hair thins more, if I could have transplanted higher and met my goals I would have. In the long term, the most natural hairlines are the most conservative, I just couldn't plant any higher and really justify getting a HT. I am not sure what you mean by structured and close knit as much of the density is at or above original density, It is thicker than the hair behind it I believe. If you met me today, I would wet my hair, comb it straight back, and you could not tell I had a transplant.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but it my HT is not up to your standards, I am afraid that you will be sorely disappointed with your surgery.

Sorry I don't have your approval on my design.

View Spanker's Website

Although I do agree that it's good to be critical of results, I sometimes think that some people are overly critical to the point of unproductive. I think a lot of it has to do with not understanding, fully, the hair-transplantation process. Spanker, you look fine, don't worry about it. Plus, you had a strip surgery; FUEONLY is obviously going to be cynical to a primarily FUSS surgeon, even if that surgeon is Dr. Konior.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dr konoir is one of the best fut surgeon in Illinois and he has tremendous good knowledge of hair transplant.i once ask dr konoir why bear has so many hair he told me for answering that he has to be evolutionary biologist. I like dr konoir he is very professional and he replies to his mail very quickly and he is very upfront about his line of action as per patient goal

I think that you may be confusing temple points with corners, but I am not sure. I think that there could be a language barrier, or, you really don't much about hair transplantation. I have strong temple points and it would be ridiculous to transplant into them. Some people may not like that I went for a recessed look, but you are not young forever, and my natural frontal hairline was too low to blunt the corners (IMO, keeping future loss in mind). I kept the recessed corners so that when I am 50, it can still look natural, even if and when my hair thins more, if I could have transplanted higher and met my goals I would have. In the long term, the most natural hairlines are the most conservative, I just couldn't plant any higher and really justify getting a HT. I am not sure what you mean by structured and close knit as much of the density is at or above original density, It is thicker than the hair behind it I believe. If you met me today, I would wet my hair, comb it straight back, and you could not tell I had a transplant.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but it my HT is not up to your standards, I am afraid that you will be sorely disappointed with your surgery.

Sorry I don't have your approval on my design.

I wouldn't sweat it. I have actually no idea what he's trying to say. Many (I) would kill for a result like yours and the design is flawless IMO.